EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my Enclave about 3 weeks ago, I have been thinking and "whining" just a little to my sig. other that I can't believe my new luxury car did not have extensions on the visors to block out the sun from the side. Today I just found out they slide along the rail and work great. Again "how stupid am I" ::)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I think some one else posted something about that too.
Don't feel bad, I didn't notice that feature either. :-[

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting that. I have complained to myself that there is a 2 inch gap to the left of the visor that conviniently enough is right where the sun is during my morning drive. I will have to check that out now.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
Again "how stupid am I" ::)
I assume that is rhetorical and you are not looking for actual feedback. ;D

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zman said:
I assume that is rhetorical and you are not looking for actual feedback. ;D
Good One! ;D ;D No I think we can leave the feedback to this woman that seems to be hanging around me all of the time. She sort of has the corner market on reminding me of the important things like how stupid I am for example ;D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Just checking. You know me - always willing to help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bsox said:
. Today I just found out they slide along the rail and work great. Again "how stupid am I" ::)
I'm stupider than you, since at least you found that out by yourself. I had to read about it 2mins ago on a forum! ;D

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's a hidden feature in many cars.

But on a similar note, I didn't get around to calling my cable company until a year after I got an HD set. Figured I'd need a new box, and they'd charge me more, and I was just too busy.

Turned out that all I needed to do was change a setting in the box I already had, and no additional charge.

I fear that going without HD for a year after paying for an HD set tops not knowing about the sunvisors for a few weeks. So I'm stupider than all of you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't feel stupid. When I got my first conversion van in 1997 with a TV set in the back, several people I know -- all professionals with advanced degrees -- asked me the same question: "Do you get cable?" And I answered them all the same way: "Yes, but I can only drive as far as the far as the wire goes."

As Jeff Foxworthy says, "There's your sign."

Big Larry
[/color]

G

·
Big Larry said:
Don't feel stupid. When I got my first conversion van in 1997 with a TV set in the back, several people I know -- all professionals with advanced degrees -- asked me the same question: "Do you get cable?" And I answered them all the same way: "Yes, but I can only drive as far as the far as the wire goes."

As Jeff Foxworthy says, "There's your sign."

Big Larry
[/color]
its Bill Engvall, Big larry.

but i probably was the stupidest for causing so much trouble on here. :'( :lame:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
but i probably was the stupidest for causing so much trouble on here. :'( :lame:
:eek:fftopic: Welcome back, college kid!! [/color] :comfort:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I had a girl at a parts supplier tell me they were open for business 24/7 ! I asked (just fooling around a little!) "is that Eastern or Pacific time??" MELTDOWN!!!!! :eek:

Had to ask her if she was blonde???? She had a beautiful voice............. ;D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
I had a girl at a parts supplier tell me they were open for business 24/7 ! I asked (just fooling around a little!) "is that Eastern or Pacific time??" MELTDOWN!!!!! :eek:

Had to ask her if she was blonde???? She had a beautiful voice............. ;D
Smokin, you are just plain mean! (So, was she?)[/color] :angel:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well after trying this out, it doesnt go the direction I need it too. It only slides to the right. The visor does not provide enough coverage to the left of the visor. This is where the sun has been the last few weeks on the drive into work.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jerlem1 said:
Well after trying this out, it doesnt go the direction I need it too. It only slides to the right. The visor does not provide enough coverage to the left of the visor. This is where the sun has been the last few weeks on the drive into work.
Yes, they only slide in one direction, to the right if it is facing forward and to your left if you have it on the drivers side window.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Could someone explain what we are talking about here? Without my Enclave, I cannot visualize your descriptions very well. I thought I had it but with this last post from jerlem, I am lost again. :confused:

If someone could help, I would appreciate it soooooo much. And preferably WITH pictures as I am blonde, also. (Now at 59, with some gray--"silver threads among the gold" a man♥used to sing to me)...Thank you, be kind, and NO wise cracks!

:angel: Please. ♥[/color]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Our vehicle is not home right now so no pictures, sorry. We are talking about the sun visors in front. They do not have the little pieces that can be slid out of the visor to increase coverage when the sun is in a location that the visor can not block. Rather, the whole visor can slide on it's mounting rod to make the position adjustable.

Does that make any sense at all??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
zman said:
Our vehicle is not home right now so no pictures, sorry. We are talking about the sun visors in front. They do not have the little pieces that can be slid out of the visor to increase coverage when the sun is in a location that the visor can not block. Rather, the whole visor can slide on it's mounting rod to make the position adjustable.

Does that make any sense at all??
Oh cool. Perfect explanation! Are you married to a blonde or something?! Thanks!![/color] :rock:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I just love stupid people and blondes - they make the rest of us look smart. >:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts