EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I thought I heard rear right, rear left, front right, front left. I'd be curious to hear if when you pay someone $140 to do it, if they actually do all 4, or they do only 1.

I have watched a muffler shop do only 1. which is why I prefer diy, but imho it is rather tedious (we probably overdo the pumping to make sure all the air is out)

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
MedicRxDoc- posted in another thread the bleed sequence.

"The online manual has RR, LF, LR, then RF"

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Fascinating, according to this, it goes LF, LR, RF, RR. (I find this hard to believe)

How critical, cannot say, I did it "my way" and there were no issues, but I would prefer to do it correctly.

http://www.ucx.com/documents/jobacadia.pdf

And yet another opinion

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/67425-brake-bleeding-sequence/

I personally don't know why #2 isn't correct, it's common sense. But in the world of ABS and modu-combibulators, maybe common sense isn't the way to do things. I'd hate for Mr. Goodwrench to hand me a bill for a new modu-combibulator (more than most double wide trailers that are in places where people don't eat with forks)

edit and again: http://www.justanswer.com/buick/4hr8n-buick-rendezvous-2005-buick-rendezvous-what-correct.html

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
wheres that factory manual some have downloaded?

That should answer the question.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new fluid has significant improvements in lubricity to eliminate previously known issues with master cylinder squeak/noise.
The new DOT 3 brake fluid — GM P/N 19299818 (U.S.) and GM P/N 19299819 (Canada)
Always use the new DOT 3 brake fluid when refilling or servicing the brake system. If another type of DOT 3 brake fluid (including the GM DOT 3 Delco Supreme II) is used to refill the master cylinder, it may cause a master cylinder squeak noise. If the wrong DOT 3 brake fluid is used, remove as much of the old brake fluid from the master cylinder as possible and refill with the new DOT 3 brake fluid. Depress and release the brake pedal five times to allow the new fluid to enter the system.
========================

Is there an auto parts store brand substitute for the GM 19299818 brake fluid?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure I want to go thru the hassle of bleeding the brakes. Will multiple draining and refilling the brake reservior using the turkey baster method obtain the same results as a flush?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
ive done the turkey baster method.
remove some of the fluid and refill with new clear fluid....

then you bleed in the proper sequence. until the fluid comes out lighter...
I did it until it came out a bit grey.
The squeek went away..... but....
just today- I heard a faint squeek.... initial bleed 82,000... todays mileage 102,095

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rbarrios said:
ive done the turkey baster method.
remove some of the fluid and refill with new clear fluid....

then you bleed in the proper sequence. until the fluid comes out lighter...
I did it until it came out a bit grey.
The squeek went away..... but....
just today- I heard a faint squeek.... initial bleed 82,000... todays mileage 102,095
So...just removing some fluid and replacing it without bleeding will not yield good results.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
dzs3fz said:
So...just removing some fluid and replacing it without bleeding will not yield good results.
. Definitely not. You'll see the color turn from clear to brown fairly quickly. This often happens when a muffler shop does a $80 flush job. Often the vehicle is not lifted and they bleed one caliper only.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have been fighting the squeak on-and-off for about 3 months. Today the dealership verified that the brake booster should be replaced for a total of $550 :eek:

For now the squeak is annoying but the brakes are operating correctly. But I am about due to at least change the fluid so I will probably give that a try before I pay to replace the booster.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
sklunk said:
I have been fighting the squeak on-and-off for about 3 months. Today the dealership verified that the brake booster should be replaced for a total of $550 :eek:

For now the squeak is annoying but the brakes are operating correctly. But I am about due to at least change the fluid so I will probably give that a try before I pay to replace the booster.
Da*! Now I know what you're talking about. We've had this for the life of the vehicle. If I had known it were a defect, I would have mentioned it under B2B and had it addressed. Even if it's covered by GMPP, it's not worth the $50 deductible. But if we have to go in for something else, I'll mention it.

I just laugh on my Nissan forum how most cars are in the 300k range, a few in the 400k. One guy said his car doesn't run as smoothly anymore, and he posts his odometer at 495. Another guy said at 313k his motor caught fire, and he has a pic of fireman putting it out, and was waiting to see how much to repair. So many owners solidly in the 300's replacing things for the first time. At 24x, I have replaced none of the stuff that's already been replaced on the Enclave when under 30k. Original brake booster, original clutch reservoir, blah blah blah. Sure do build stuff differently at GM.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
sklunk, check your private messages. I sent you some information which suggests you don't have to pay $500.00 to fix the squeak!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
john 070 said:
I just laugh on my Nissan forum how most cars are in the 300k range, a few in the 400k. One guy said his car doesn't run as smoothly anymore, and he posts his odometer at 495. Another guy said at 313k his motor caught fire, and he has a pic of fireman putting it out, and was waiting to see how much to repair. So many owners solidly in the 300's replacing things for the first time. At 24x, I have replaced none of the stuff that's already been replaced on the Enclave when under 30k. Original brake booster, original clutch reservoir, blah blah blah. Sure do build stuff differently at GM.
There's plenty of GM full size trucks with the LS-series motors that are in the 200k, 300k, and higher range with few issues.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
BadAV said:
There's plenty of GM full size trucks with the LS-series motors that are in the 200k, 300k, and higher range with few issues.
That's a good thing, they didn't build the Enclave like that, with routine failure of major components as early as 20k. Maybe workers know why that is, probably not. But someone in the organization does know.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I assume the proper fluid replacement procedure calls for the vehicle running?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts