EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adaptive Cruise is a must-have for me. I believe it was only available on the Avenir but even then it was optional. Are there any tell-tale signs that the car has it that I could see in pictures? Like a particular button on the dash, or a radar box visible under the grill? I've noticed there's a button that sometimes says "mode" and sometimes has a trailer symbol. Does "mode" mean it has the Avenir technology package and the trailer means it doesn't?

Can anyone confirm if this theory about the lower grille is accurate?

I'm potentially going to have to drive quite a ways to buy one, and want to make sure the vehicle I look at has that feature before I invest the time.

Thanks

·
Administrator
440 Posts
The mode control is different depending on whether the vehicle is equipped with the trailering package.
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number

The button with the arrow on the left side of the steering wheel will select either CC or ACC.
Output device Material property Silver Circle Font

Font Circle Happy Number Document

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mode control is different depending on whether the vehicle is equipped with the trailering package.

The button with the arrow on the left side of the steering wheel will select either CC or ACC.

Thanks for the reply! Is there no way to tell just from pictures? The vehicle i'm considering is about 250miles from me and I'd hate to drive that far and it not have ACC. I tried asking the owner but he seems to have no idea what I'm talking about.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
If the owner has no clue, then it probably does not have ACC. If the vehicle is a 2018-19 Avenir with the optional technology package, then it has ACC. Can you ask him to take a picture of the steering wheel and display?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the owner has no clue, then it probably does not have ACC. If the vehicle is a 2018-19 Avenir with the optional technology package, then it has ACC. Can you ask him to take a picture of the steering wheel and display?
Yeah I have lots of good photos. I just thought the buttons look the same for forward collision warning vs active cruise?
Car Vehicle Speedometer Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
440 Posts
In that picture, the CC is off, as there is no indicator at the bottom of the display. When it's on, holding down the button will switch to ACC. You're going to have to get the seller to try it, if he doesn't know whether or not it has the technology package. If he doesn't have answers to simple questions you may want to have a mechanic look over the vehicle before buying it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In that picture, the CC is off, as there is no indicator at the bottom of the display. When it's on, holding down the button will switch to ACC. You're going to have to get the seller to try it, if he doesn't know whether or not it has the technology package. If he doesn't have answers to simple questions you may want to have a mechanic look over the vehicle before buying it.
I just got the VIN from him and Google found some photos from a prior sale.

This icon confirms it does have ACC, correct?
Speedometer Gauge Measuring instrument Steering part Window

·
Administrator
440 Posts
Yes, it does. The white icon with the vehicle is showing that it is activated. When ACC is off the vehicle is not displayed. Just the white gauge with arrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts