EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very satisfied with our dealer overall, but they must have been in a real hurry to get me on the road. I have been pulling off thin plastic protective coverings from different surfaces all over our Enclave, inside and out. I just found four more after 1,300 miles. There was a thin clear plastic film over each of the four brushed chrome 'Buick' emblems set in the threshold of each door. Can't believe I missed that for so long. Have any of you other fortunate Enclave owners been stepping over this protective film as long as I have? :eek: It probably didn't help this situation that we practically purchased this Enclave right off the transport!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
My dealer missed one of the protective films, but it didn't concern me. One of the sill plates was scratched on delivery, and they already had the replacement on order.
Overall, EXCELLENT prep and after sales service. :thumb:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds exactly like mine when I picked it up. The roof was still dirty and both sunroof windows were covered with dirt. Deatailer must not have realized that he also could wash the top. When the tires were detailed the bottom near the pavement wasn't touched and the bottom clading had over spray from the tire cleaner they used. The drivers side still has the protective plastic under the floor mat and all of the Buick emblems in the door ways still were covered with their plastic protective coverings. All in All I was just happy to get it in my possession and took care of most everything when I got home.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They rushed the wax job on mine and left several spots where they had not wiped off the wax. In their defense, it was raining that day (therfor no sunlight) making it difficult to spot this. I have never waxed a light color car before and realize how difficult it is to see wax on the paint after waxing mine. Mine is Platinum metallic. All my previous cars have been blues or blacks where the wax shows really well.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Although the dealership was almost at close time, the salesman took as much time as needed and showed me all the bells and whistles. Though I am not happy with the exterior cleanliness of the car. It had some dusty spots with watermarks on it, as if it was not dried properly after washing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mapper said:
There was a thin clear plastic film over each of the four brushed chrome 'Buick' emblems set in the threshold of each door.
These were left on mine as well. I kept them on. After all, it doesn't bother me because I never see them. Plus, I know they will be better protected with them on anyway. Maybe, they leave up to the owner to remove them, and it wasn't missed at all?

G

·
NOLA Saints said:
These were left on mine as well. I kept them on. After all, it doesn't bother me because I never see them. Plus, I know they will be better protected with them on anyway. Maybe, they leave up to the owner to remove them, and it wasn't missed at all?
i think so too, i would want all my protective left on because it lets me know its in perfect condition.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine was clean and ready. I asked him to leave the protective plastic coating on a few of the items, so that the kids could remove them when we were ready and then they could feel a part of the new car buying process since they were not with me for the pick up of the vehicle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOLA Saints said:
Maybe, they leave up to the owner to remove them, and it wasn't missed at all?
Good point. Perhaps that is true. But I'm not sure I'd buy that reasoning with the white tape that was left on the exterior chrome trim near both front door mirrors. That may be carrying extra protection to an extreme.

I'm not suggesting any of this was a big problem, it wasn't. The vehicle was clean, the tank was full and the salesman spent at least 45 minutes with us going over most of the car's features. What I was hoping to read was that I wasn't the only one that overlooked the coverings for 1,300 miles. I'd always felt I was a bit more observant than that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You were all pretty lucky! I purchased my Enclave from a dealer about 100 miles from my home as no local dealer had one. After the dealer installed my running boards, delivery was arranged for the next Mon. They were 2 hours late, and they had DRIVEN :( my brand new, $45K Enclave from the dealer! The delivery driver, a salesman from the dealership, knew less about the car than I did. He had me sign the papers, and another salesman that had followed him over 100 miles in a Suburban picked him up and they left. :confused:

The Enclave was dirty, had only 1/2 tank of gas, and was probably not driven at less than 55 mph as required. :lame:

That was the last that I heard from the dealer, but at least I had my Enclave :banana:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
It seems that some of us are so desperate to get get an Enclave, you will take it in any condition, clean or dirty, gas or no gas, plastic on/plastic off.
The pain all goes away when you drive it. :thumb:

·
Registered
317 Posts
laurico said:
The Enclave was dirty, had only 1/2 tank of gas, and was probably not driven at less than 55 mph as required. :lame:
As production ramps up and more and more Enclaves hit the dealer lots, folks should be aware and concerned about the dealer trades on AWD versions.

Why?

The 55mph recommendation.
Plain and simple, any porter is NOT going to know about or respect that 55mph recommendation -- and GM puts that warning in the manual for good reason -- if the AWD is not broken in properly by allowing the gearsets to polish themselves at lower speeds, you may be faced with much more noise and future mechanical problems. For the porter, the only thing they're going to care about is getting that vehicle back to the dealer as quickly and safely as possible and if that means going 70 or 80mph on the highway, I can pretty well guarantee that will happen. On a recent trip we made downstate, we saw no less than half a dozen cars being portered to other dealerships, all zipping past us at probably 80 or 85mph. That kind of speed on the AWD version is NOT good when new.

As for our dealer prep experience -- overall pretty good. On the interior side, the prep guys must have grabbed onto the headliner by the driver's door, making some greasy smudges -- it was promptly taken back to prep and removed without a trace. Other than that, the car was super clean, shiny, tires shiny -- they did miss the drip marks (the adhesion promoter used on the window/door frames), but that came off with a bit of acetone. Overall, we were very pleased with our dealer prep/delivery experience (dealer was Grand Allegan in Allegan, MI).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good point Desgnconcpts. Which is why we were willing to drive to pick up the Enclave. Glad we were able to do it, though not everyone has that option.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We were relatively early adopters. We saw the Enclave concept at the February '06 auto show, the no-touch Enclave at this year's show, sat in the Acadia and Outlook at the show then went directly to the local dealer who had promised us an online price of $100 over invoice plus advertising. We ordered, waited and took delivery on June 3. The dealer stayed late, explained the features in detail, delivered the car in spotless, perfect condition, took our picture for a personalized Buick calendar and gave us four free oil changes. The tank was full with 3 miles on the odo. Since then we've done one dealer service and another to reflash the transmission computers. The car was returned to us freshly washed and dried at each service. All our experience with this dealer (in Shaker Heights, OH) have been excellent. (Lakeshore Buick/Pontiac) :thumb:

Jay

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ours was spotless, all film removed except on DVD pulldown screen (still there now actually!), full tank of gas. All major features explained, etc. etc.

What did annoy me slightly was the 40 unexpected miles on the clock, the sheet we had signed inside the dealership said "mileometer: 1km". Errr, little bit more than that I think :( Obviously demo-ed a few times.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My Enclave was in spotless condition, but the interior of the windsheild was "hazy". It had 8 miles on it, but the title paperwork had 10 miles written on it. The salesperson explained everything fairly well...though not as well as when I picked up my Terraza 3 years earlier. She was very helpful in me contacting On Star to transfer my time from my previous car. I still don't know why mygmlink doesn't list the Enclave, but I was able to register the car by going on-line to GM directly. The operator didn't know why GM hasn't entered the Enclave yet, either.And I guess like everyone else, I'm still discovering new items on a really fabulous car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts