EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After honking my pathetic foreign-made (Isuzu) horn at some idiot running a red light last night, it dawned on me that I hadn't bothered to honk the Enclave horn when test driving.

Mine is still on order...can anybody confirm that the Enclave has a good loud, BEEFY American horn? I know an old 80's Buick Electra that my family owned had the LOUDEST horn I've ever heard! I'm hoping that's still standard Buick equipment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I haven't beeped the horn yet but when you lock the car, the horn beeps. It sounds like a regular american "honk"....not a Japanese "meep meep"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
gavine said:
I haven't beeped the horn yet but when you lock the car, the horn beeps. It sounds like a regular american "honk"....not a Japanese "meep meep"
:rofl: @ "japanese "meep meep" :clap2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
I thought "meep meep" was the Road Runner....
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
the loudest stock horn i have ever heard is on a cadillac, both our deville and fleetwood, i mean LOUD and AGRESSIVE SOUNDING.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rollin Thunder said:
i never keep the stock horn,

i have this on my yukon xl

GETS EVERYBODYS ATTENTION.

http://www.wolo-mfg.com/truck.htm

i have the cannonball express
Wow...I guess this is how you got the name "Rollin Thunder." That is quite a HORN! :thumb:
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
grd398s said:
Wow...I guess this is how you got the name "Rollin Thunder." That is quite a HORN! :thumb:
well i just like loud.

rollin thunder comes from the magnaflow setup. here that a mile away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Wow Thunder. My girls came running when they heard me play the sound file. "What what that?" they hollered!

Spending $400+ on an aftermarket horn has never crossed my mind!!!

I guess I have been driving with Japanese "meep meep" and am used to it! And the Road Runners I see around here don't say that....bummer.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Mama2Girls said:
Wow Thunder. My girls came running when they heard me play the sound file. "What what that?" they hollered!

Spending $400+ on an aftermarket horn has never crossed my mind!!!

I guess I have been driving with Japanese "meep meep" and am used to it! And the Road Runners I see around here don't say that....bummer.
i am an irresponsible impratical kid, that waists money on things i dont need but want, :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ;D
no i got it because the stock horn was not loud enough to sound over the exaust.

BTW Mama2Girls, i noticed on the acadia site when you were comparing insurance rates that you mentoned a "yukon FWD" , there is no such thing, it is RWD or 4WD, i dont post there any more, so i am letting you know here :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
i am an irresponsible impratical kid, that waists money on things i dont need but want, :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ;D
no i got it because the stock horn was not loud enough to sound over the exaust.

BTW Mama2Girls, i noticed on the acadia site when you were comparing insurance rates that you mentoned a "yukon FWD" , there is no such thing, it is RWD or 4WD, i dont post there any more, so i am letting you know here :thumb:
AWD and there is a difference. My Denali has AWD all the time and used wet, Freezing or dry. 4WD has limitations. I don't want to offend anyone but I'm just speaking from my own experience. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Yup - I know. Slip of the fingers. It was a quicky comparision with the insurance lady who answered the phone. That's all. That thing was too huge for me to drive anyway. You should come back over there to play more - I'm gonna buy the Acadia sooner or later but I still get a lot from the Enclavians!

It's fun to give you a hard time.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
rocketman said:
AWD and there is a difference. My Denali has AWD all the time and used wet, Freezing or dry. 4WD has limitations. I don't want to offend anyone but I'm just speaking from my own experience. 8)
YES we are both right, i am not talking about a denali (yukon denali's are WAY to rich for my blood) i am talking about a slt2, which is what i have right now. i used to be a mechanic i understand all this completly. plus i have a yukon xl, which is even bigger but both the regular and xl and slt/sle/base come in rwd, 4wd, only the denali comes in awd on the yukon model.

awd is always there yes, i know, and if you use 4wd all the time you damage it, but my yukon has auto track and i can leave it in that setting all the time, when it senses rear slipping it automaticaly slips in to 4wd, wet, freezing or dry :thumb: and i get the added feature of low range.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Mama2Girls said:
Yup - I know. Slip of the fingers. It was a quicky comparision with the insurance lady who answered the phone. That's all. That thing was too huge for me to drive anyway. You should come back over there to play more - I'm gonna buy the Acadia sooner or later but I still get a lot from the Enclavians!

It's fun to give you a hard time.
i know thats what every body tells me

i know its all fun and games. ;D

the insurance people are idiots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
gavine said:
I haven't beeped the horn yet but when you lock the car, the horn beeps. It sounds like a regular american "honk"....not a Japanese "meep meep"
the horn is pretty good. has a really nice tone quality, but it's the American type for sure , not those irritating, obnoxious Jap types!! it's a bit lower than my Caddy was, but exceptable in 90% of situations IMHO :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
OMG!! I have been borrowing my parents Honda CRV while waiting for my Enclave to arrive (we sold our van) and I had to check out the horn, Holy meep meep or maybe even a meekeep sound. My last three vehicles have all been American made (Chrysler, Pontiac, Dodge) didn't even think about what the horn sounded like.

To Funny.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
I have driven over 1400 miles in last 2 weeks on a few short trips in the tri-state area. The drivers in NY, NJ, CT and MA-(worst in the country) gave me plenty of oppurtunities to use the horn, I am not used to the American type horn, but I like it, IMO it really conveys the message compare to the weaker Japanese counterpart. Due to quiet tunning and Bose I just don't know how loud it is :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top