EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2013 Enclave

Just bought flood vehicle salvage title for parts for another enclave. Complete car hate to part it out. Flood lines marked at bottom of seat-

Problem: when driving and I turn on AC - it throws car into limp mode and shows code
P0700
P0716
P0717
Clear the codes- and runs good. I know the codes are transmission related - input speed sensor and tcm.
Just don’t think it’s this problem- seems to run too smooth - until u turn on the air.

Side note- before this happened- hot transmission let engine idle flashed several times.

Drained transmission fluid 4.5 q and replaced with dextron 6 - plan to do couple more times to cycle it through. No hot transmission now- but the above AC problem still exists.

had alternator checked- no problems with that.
Has new battery as well.

Wondering if it’s a ground somewhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Are you trying to repair the flooded Enclave?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the flood car to use for parts since I bought it at a copart online auction only by pics- BUT it’s a beautiful car that is a great ride no body damage other than this issue- so I’m attempting to try to fix it and drive it for now

2013 leather 96k

Are you trying to repair the flooded Enclave?

·
Registered
452 Posts
You might be taking on a lot being a flood issue. Wrecked body damage can be seen. IMO I would use the car as your fist attempt, take what you need and part it out. But who knows. Good Luck with what ever you decide

·
Registered
9 Posts
2013 Enclave

Just bought flood vehicle salvage title for parts for another enclave. Complete car hate to part it out. Flood lines marked at bottom of seat-

Problem: when driving and I turn on AC - it throws car into limp mode and shows code
P0700
P0716
P0717
Clear the codes- and runs good. I know the codes are transmission related - input speed sensor and tcm.
Just don’t think it’s this problem- seems to run too smooth - until u turn on the air.

Side note- before this happened- hot transmission let engine idle flashed several times.

Drained transmission fluid 4.5 q and replaced with dextron 6 - plan to do couple more times to cycle it through. No hot transmission now- but the above AC problem still exists.

had alternator checked- no problems with that.
Has new battery as well.

Wondering if it’s a ground somewhere?

Thanks!
Hello, absolutely could be a ground issue, I would start by looking for ground's near battery, which was underwater if water line is on seat base, recommend not just looking at grounds, remove, clean, reattach, follow up from battery.. grounds from frame to body, engine to frame, maybe try to disconnect AC compressor electrical connector and then drive it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
IMO too many electrical issues that could keep raising their heads on a flood car. I just repaired a Mazda with front end damage by using a donor car that I bought from Coparts (which was a flood car). That flood car had all kinds of electrical issues which would have required a new wiring harness, but with that being said yours may not be so bad. As said before, check ground locations.

And at 100K miles and not knowing the service history, the timing chain issue may pop up any time. My 2010 Enclave had 198K on it before that issue arouse but I changed the oil every 5K miles with Mobile 1 synthetic oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts