EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the car into the dealers again today - this time to take out another Enclave to assess the ride, transmission and engine.

While my car was there they checked the TSB and found a good sized list - only one I did not have was the April 21st transmission noise with remote start.

They went about re-flashing the system and carrying out the adaptive reboot, this seemingly clears the adaptive memory resetting all the systems to factory fresh. I had all this done 2 weeks ago when I had problems in North Carolina.
All went well it seemed and as the tech sat in the car with Tech2 connected we both realized that the RPM was not reading, neither was the temp or fuel . Then as if this wasn't bad enough the DIC started reading out failure after failure, TSC off, ABS off, rear sensors off and all the associated warning lights came on. The Tech 2 stating lost communication with virtually all the systems.
We will switch it off and restart - no chance - the car failed to start- nothing not even a noise.
So after about 10 minutes of this it started- still reading all the faults as previous but this time with instrumentation operating.
As it was after 5pm they could not get me a hire car - so I drove home only about 6 miles - funny thing - no lights and all systems operational - strange or what.
My car has been into the dealers 7 times now - I have had the wheels balanced 4 times, road force done 3 time and just had 2 tires replaced as they could not get the figures within spec.
I am waiting for 2 items of trim, drivers door seal and the drivers master window switch.
I still feel a vibration through the gas pedal and the car is not all all smooth at highway speeds with a small but noticeable stutter/hesitation.
This is beginning to get me down.
In the last 2 weeks I have revisited some of the competeition Lexus and Mazda being the first tested - my car is not as smooth or quiet as either, the Mazda is a great driving car and the Lexus is just smooth and quiet. both have better gearboxes and the Mazda's 6 speed is just super.

I am now awaiting a date with teh Zone service manager from GM - who I am told is not at all technically orientated- oh joy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
asgard said:
I had the car into the dealers again today - this time to take out another Enclave to assess the ride, transmission and engine.

While my car was there they checked the TSB and found a good sized list - only one I did not have was the April 21st transmission noise with remote start.

They went about re-flashing the system and carrying out the adaptive reboot, this seemingly clears the adaptive memory resetting all the systems to factory fresh. I had all this done 2 weeks ago when I had problems in North Carolina.
All went well it seemed and as the tech sat in the car with Tech2 connected we both realized that the RPM was not reading, neither was the temp or fuel . Then as if this wasn't bad enough the DIC started reading out failure after failure, TSC off, ABS off, rear sensors off and all the associated warning lights came on. The Tech 2 stating lost communication with virtually all the systems.
We will switch it off and restart - no chance - the car failed to start- nothing not even a noise.
So after about 10 minutes of this it started- still reading all the faults as previous but this time with instrumentation operating.
As it was after 5pm they could not get me a hire car - so I drove home only about 6 miles - funny thing - no lights and all systems operational - strange or what.
My car has been into the dealers 7 times now - I have had the wheels balanced 4 times, road force done 3 time and just had 2 tires replaced as they could not get the figures within spec.
I am waiting for 2 items of trim, drivers door seal and the drivers master window switch.
I still feel a vibration through the gas pedal and the car is not all all smooth at highway speeds with a small but noticeable stutter/hesitation.
This is beginning to get me down.
In the last 2 weeks I have revisited some of the competeition Lexus and Mazda being the first tested - my car is not as smooth or quiet as either, the Mazda is a great driving car and the Lexus is just smooth and quiet. both have better gearboxes and the Mazda's 6 speed is just super.

I am now awaiting a date with teh Zone service manager from GM - who I am told is not at all technically orientated- oh joy.

Ouch -- just makes me want to jump for joy and be the first to toss my $40k into the ring for an Enclave....... :-(

maybe I'll get lucky.

m

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it is quite a shock to find the reason behind this stream of fault code. It would appear that a line or two were missing from the installation bulletin. The lines missing state - open and close drivers door and then drive the vehicle. This would seem sensible but as the tech was sitting in the car with the door closed as he completed the adaptive flash on the tech 2 doing the door thing is not that obvious.

Anyway - all is now back to normal. the car has been in all these times for tire / vibration issues and as I live in Ontario , Canada I don't think we have a lemon law. we do however have a Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP) unless others know differently.

Todays update is that they have now ordered something for the exhaust or maybe a new exhaust to try and quieten it down and see if that stops the vibration traveling through the car.

Still awaiting the date for the GM man.

·
Registered
577 Posts
And all for an inflated Canadian price of 30% more than a US vehicle. I will not and I repeat will not buy a new car in Canada till a manufacturer significantly adjust the price. You get $4,000 back on an Enclave. That gets you back to supplier pricing WOW thanks.

Sorry for your luck. Remind them of the cost of the vehicle and do not take the line " that is normal..."

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey! That same thing happened to me two weeks ago! I was actually driving the car on the highway before I noticed none of the dials or gauges were working. I took the next exit and called Onstar, then the dealer. Neither could help me, so I went on and continued to my destination. A couple hours later we got back in the car and everything worked again. I'm glad to hear that there was a service bulletin on this anomaly, and that I'm not the only one it happened to.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No TSB on the dials not reading. This happened while they were uploading the flash for the transmission / remote start TSB 21/04 date.
It was as a result of 2 missing lines on the install and re-flash instruction. It should have said open and close drivers door and then drive .

Your maybe reset when you opened the door .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts