EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer says the 20" aftermarket wheels I have will void my warranty.

Got them at Americas Tire and they are specifically made for the Enclave and only the Enclave.

Please advise......

chicomed

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: I NEED INFO FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE RUNNING 20" OR GREATER WHEELS ON THEIR ENCLAVES

Great info, thanks for that. Chicomed - i'd love to hear what the dealer says when he hears about this. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, this all gets back to an ABS problem that the dealer was blaming on the wheels and tires, we went back to stock and the car is still doing it,.the dealer says the car is suppose to do it and that it is fine.........I don't know of any car which the ABS is suppose to come on when the brakes are not applied, on dry , flat road at highway speed.

I sent a long e-mail complaint to GM in Detroit 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back.......

the dealer wants to have a "sit down" with my wife and I in regard to the AM wheels and tires form America's tires..( which were designed for the Enclave and only an Enclave,700 stores nationwide), they don't know that the Manager of our local America's Tire is going to sit down with us.........America's tire states that this case could set a nationwide affect as they have this wheel in all 700 stores and they make all their wheels they sell at their own factory........

What a pain in the butt...........I just wanted to buy my wife a new car, now she doesn't want it because she doesn't feel safe, and wants to sell it and get a new Tahoe (car she has driven for years)..........I don't needs this problem.........

chicomed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No sit down yet,.....we are going to start going to a Buick Dealer 100 miles away for service, as our small town local dealer just doesn't have it together and knows nothing about the Enclave...........; we called the new Dealer and they knew all about how to dial the car in and would love to help us with our problems, we should have just purchased it in the big city; but I wanted to try to keep the money "Local"........

I called the Buick Dealer in Sacramento (State Capitol) and they are going to "assume care" for our car.

It is a beautiful car and we waited 6 months to get it delivered ; it is sad that we have had some problems and it "soured" our experience and frustrated us with an incompetent Dealer's Service; we are going to try to "start from scratch" and get back to loving our new car..........

cm

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: I NEED INFO FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE RUNNING 20" OR GREATER WHEELS ON THEIR ENCLAVES

It's unfortunate that many dealers don't understand the customer judges them from the whole experience. Buying is just the first step. How they treat us afterward and service the vehicle lasts forever. I moved to Maryland and took my 2000 LeSabre to the local Buick, Chevy, Toyota dealer for service. My brother was using them for his Trailblazer. I've never had such bad service and I'm not young any more. The LeSabre and now Enclave go to a dealer twice as far away for service. When it came time to buy the Enclave I didn't even think of getting a quote from them. Thier service department lost my service and buying business.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I too will be changing dealers after my service dept. experience. Why would you put someone in the position of being a service manager who has no people skills. They did not know how to do my reflash, told me there was none available, ordered the wrong wind deflector for my sunroof, rotated my tires and now I have a shimmy when breaking, did not address the drivers door wind noise, the fuel gauge issue etc., the flickering of my nav screen, etc.. When I had GM call him to tell him how to do the reflash I called and asked him if he got the call and was everything squared away he said " yeah they called, the guy gave me a bunch of numbers so we will see". Yeah, that gave me a lot of confidence. When he said they would give me a loaner car, I said I would need an SUV and he said they had none, that they had an old Lasabre that I could use.

I will be going elsewhere for service and to buy my new Riviera ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts