EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting 4 weeks later on the Area Service Manager from GM to arrange a meeting, and, after 7 visits to the dealership for vibration related problems I have had enough and have registered with the Canadian Vehicle Arbitration Plan. The Canadian version of the lemon law.

My saga has gone on since September 07 and continues to this day.

The symptoms are the same- a low vibration through the seats and through your body into your chest and legs. It is most noticeable at between 50-65 mph which is cruising speed in Canada or when under load entering the highway. I have had 2 tires replaced as they were out of spec, still waiting for door seals, window switch and trim section 5 weeks. The dealer has ordered exhaust rubbers to try and cut down the vibration from the exhaust. It has poor pick up, and the transmission is less than smooth. If worked hard the engine sounds loud and strained.

I appreciate that this may be just mine and I would be happy to confirm this - but as GM have never tried to get me another to test - even after 3 requests and the cars still being quite scarce - and now even more so with 09 on the horizon I have only mine to go on.

You are probably right in thinking the car is not fro me - but I bought the car on the basis of Luxury and smooth refined driving - my style. I bought it as it was the Buick flagship car - it is not living up to the marketing hype - well mine isn't.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I fully understand your pain. Ours is smooth, quiet, reliable and very pleasing. I'd try to get another one too. It is a fine auto!

Best of luck!! :thumb:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sorry about your troubles, Asgard. You have every right to pursue action to have some kind of satisfaction. Anyone in your situation would be outraged. Please continue to post, so that those of us interested in the Enclave can understand if problems of this type can be resolved. Best of luck.

BB

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Asgard, my Enclave might have the same problem (vibration at about 55-60 mph). I will do some more testing this weekend as my daily commute does not include highways.

I think this vibration showed up after the cams were repaired...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry to hear your pain. Fortunately we have experienced none of what you are experiencing. Ours has exceeded most of our expectations. The trans is better after the recalibration but I believe it is still slightly underpowered for it's weight. We love ours.

I'm a little surprised Buick isn't doing a better job taking care of you. It is their flagship vehicle today and you would think it would be worth it for them to keep the reputation up high either by fixing or replacing your vehicle. Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You have had more than your share..I hope you end up with all new.

Mine has had some glitches..mostly wiper motor issues but my husband has been complaining about poor pick up..so I note that in your remarks. I guess mine should go in to have that addressed.. ???

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks for the support.. I look forward to hearing your feedback Chumster.

Anyway to add to my list of problems the car leaked this weekend. It is normally garaged and only having 5000 miles on the clock not out much. I had water appear in the drivers foot well and a wet patch above the A pillar headliner.-- just above the front side airbag.
I have owned lots of cars and this is my first swimming pool on wheels.

Then on Sunday I heard the brake pedal squeak.

Still awaiting a call back from GM- they don't care - flagship !!!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Asgard, I took a long test drive this weekend, tried different speeds to check for vibration. I do get vibration but it comes from the engine. It seems that when the car is rolling at 50-60 mph and I want to accelerate/maintain the speed, it chooses the 6th gear first, which is way too low for this speed. So the whole car starts vibrating until transmission downshifts and then vibration is gone.

I am used to driving stick, this type of vibration is familiar to me (gear is too high for the speed).

Sorry about your experience...

BTW, computer kept showing 25-26 mpg at those speeds :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Have they checked the special, bi-static , fluid type, engine mounts?? Could do it under load, but not coasting, as appears to be case.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well after waiting 5 weeks to meet the GM zone service manager he is now not willing to meet face to face but wants the car left all day at the dealers so he can drive it. I asked for another Enclave for the day and was told you just get what is on the dealers lot - that from GM customer services - why do they bother .

I requested an enclave so I could evaluate another car the same as suggested in the Gm document on AWD characteristics- Doc Id 2058360 but they again have not come up with one - and I doubt they ever will.

Well another wait - and no further forward - but I now have a leak so that's new.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well as expected the non technically orientated GM man could find nothing wrong - this from a man who drives a truck as his daily runner.

What else could you expect. The dealers explained the sensation that they had felt and yesterday when out with the service manager he acknowledged that he felt a vibration. This goes for nothing.

So it is quite obvious to me that this will alway be an issue.

When you add up the items already fixed, yet to be fixed - now including a water leak I am just going to have to wait for the arbitration hearing - but don't hold out much hope.

New car shopping will begin soon I fear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Asgard - I definitely have the same problem you do. A tight vibration in the steering wheel, worse around 65 mph. I have had it back to the dealers 3 times for tire balancing and last time road force balancing. Seemed to help for a little while but the vibration is back. Check and let us know if you sense the vibration in the steering while while cornering - like exiting off a freeway ramp circle at maybe 45 mph. The steering wheel seems to "move" back and forth while going around the exit. When driving on the freeway I get the same body and leg vibration you talked about - I can easily see my legs "boucing" up and down. Getting frustrated and I have asked to meet a GM rep as well. Will see.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I have got no where with GM - they sent out a non technical service manager - who would not meet me - customers take too long and he is busy - response from GM Canada customer call center.

I still have the vibration and am going to have the car assessed by an independent motor engineer prior to the arbitration.

I asked the dealer about this and they were non committal except said it should have been a field engineer taht looked at the car " anyone off the street would have been as good as him"

They did say they were not allowed to forward warranty anything. That means it only gets fixed or updated if you actually complain about the item. So I complained about the ABS and they did the upgrade. That just does not seem right. If they have a fix - why not apply it to all the cars so you are getting the best driving experience. What if you don't trawl the Internet - you will have an out of date dog.

Anyway - still waiting for the master door switch, trim to be fixed, and the leak - oh joy.

I will try the car out as you have detailed and get back to you.

I find that my leg begins to spasm when on the gas pedal for a while, you have to get the cruise on to straighten it out.

I think my car is like Happy Feet - but it even does it with the radio off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Asgard - good luck with arbitration. Please keep us informed on your work with an independent motor engineer. What do you think the chances are that our cars were manufactured at about the same time - do you mind sharing your VIN and I can compare to mine?

I am still pursuing getting someone from GM (an engineer) out to look at it. Seems like the local guys aren't really interested in finding the problem. Whats needed is someone that is a real problem solver who first believes a problem exists versus the normal response you get about not being able to see a problem.

If I have any luck I will let you know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts