EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Re: Re: I (still) hate Rain-X

Those of you with Rain-x issues must be mixing it with something else to get smearing (Incompatible washer fluid? Sticky smog?)
I've used it on every car I've owned, and it's fantastic. I do wonder if it has changed over the years though, as I used to get a full 6 months from each application, and now I seem to get 2-3. I also use Rain-X wiper blades and washer fluid. The wiper blades make a slight difference, but I swear by the fluid. Especially the bug version. Gets rid of bugs better than anything else I've used.

As for tiny beads making it hard to see... The point is that the space BETWEEN the beads is not distorted. Without the Rain-X, EVERYTHING is distorted.

Gonna have to try this Aquapel stuff. Longer lasting is definitely better!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many years ago, I thought Rain-X was wonderful. It shed the rain from my windshield so I hardly had to use my wipers. Which was a good thing, because (I believe) it ate up the rubber wiper blades. So as long as I didn't have to actually use the wipers, it was great. But I disliked having to replace the blades after a few weeks of Rain-X use!

Now, fast forward 20+ years... A couple of weeks ago, my windshield was covered with a thin smeary film that made it difficult to see on a rainy night. So, I stopped at the local Wal-Mart to see what was available to clear my vision. After a long several minutes of perusing products, reading labels, trying to sort out ridiculous claims from some truth, and throwing darts blindfolded at the shelf, I bought my first Rain-X product in two decades. It is a windshield cleaner, promising to clear all greasy film from my line of sight, and to shed further rains.

Before I climbed back into my 'Clave, I applied the spray to the greasy, filmy windshield. By the time I arrived at home, the results were remarkable! I could see with hitherto unattainable clarity. It was a Wow moment.

Well, here I am 10 days later... My wipers now leave not only a film, but water droplets - no, water smears - all over the windshield. I have even cleaned the wiper blades to remove any road grease (yup, I used the Rain-X on a paper towel to clean the blades - stupid!). Now, it is impossible to see out day or night if there is any rain at all. I hate Rain-X!
I have never liked rain x & believe it damages the wiper blades! I cleaned it off with pure vinegar yesterday. I was in a rush, bought it but accident for washer fluid that wouldn’t freeze, will be cleaning it off very often until it’s empty. Getting in a hurry never helps🤪

41 - 42 of 42 Posts