EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok only happens when fully stopping, like at a stop sign or red light, when you come upt at 10 or 5 mph, is makes a SPOING, like a spring going off, and the abs acts like its working, when stoping it makes a spoing noise and starts fighting my force ON DRY PAVEMENT and there are no warning signs on the dash, and coming up and interstate ramp theres no spoing but it starts fighting me when i hit the brake or when i accelriate it pups the brakes by it self, any body else had this kind a trouble, what do you think is wrong, im going to the dealer tomarrow. wow 4 days old. i hope this is all i encounter. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
RT please send me a dictionary 'cause I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say :D

Honestly I don't have the "spoing" effect you mentioned. I do feel the brakes pump in and out when I apply the brake normally. I'm thinking this is just how the ABS works. I'm sure you'll let us know what happens after you get the dealer to check it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I WRECKED IT ALREADY!!! well not really but somthings wrong (scared ya didnt

im not sure how to be any clearer, it litrally makes a SPOING like a spring when you bend it and let it go, in the engine compartment, at about the same time its shifts to 1st gear, and when it happens the vibrations transfer through the whole car, about the pumping, it did not start that until today when i left to head home, could the abs computer be the problem. :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I hear squeaky sounds coming out either from rear wheel/suspension or my sons car seat which right behind the driver side.

But even that won't be considered SPOING, can you youtube it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I WRECKED IT ALREADY!!! well not really but somthings wrong (scared ya didnt

coop said:
I hear squeaky sounds coming out either from rear wheel/suspension or my sons car seat which right behind the driver side.

But even that won't be considered SPOING, can you youtube it?
how. that might be kinda hard as it only does it when your moving and its spotty, it does not do it all the time, i will carry a camera with me and see if i can catch it next time im out, although i take it to the dealer tommarrow, i just wanted to see if anybody else has had it happen or if anybody thinks they know the answer. but i will try.

IM ASE, and this is puzzling, but i dont want to void the warrenty and try and mess with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't had that problem, but for the last couple of weeks my car has periodically given me a "service stabillitrak" warning and turned that system off. Then, after about 15 seconds, the warning stops and the system turns back on. The first time it happened, I thought I had a flat tire becasue the car handled really strange -- kind of bumpy and the steering wheel jiggled.

I called my dealer to bring it in, but then the warning stopped coming on. I am due for an oil change in a couple of weeks, so I cancelled the appointment and figured that I would just have them look at it when I bring it in for the oil change. It has come on a few time since then, but I think I am still going to wait -- driving kids around all the time makes it very difficult to be without a car. Anyway, I am hoping/assuming it is just a computer problem that is easy to fix.

It is frustrating to have to deal with an issue on a new car. I still love my Enclave, but have mentioned to my husband that it is things like this that keep some people (like me) away from GM. This was my first GM vehicle and I was hoping to be plesantly surprised and go problem free for a while. Not the case. Which is a bummer. (Although I will honestly say, I like the car so much, I would purchase another today.)

I am sure as time goes on we'll all share many more interesting noises and reactions from our vehicles - like people, nobody is perfect. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

hmm, have not had that trouble, it feels more like abs than stabilitrak, infact i have never had a warning on the dic that is what is so puzzling. but this is the first car i have had any real trouble with, and i have never bought anything other than a gm, (well kinda a lie but i bought a ford explorer and it lasted 3 weeks before the motor blew, they bought it back and i bought a suburban, i dont count that as a vehicle i really owned)

·
Registered
249 Posts

Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
but i dont want to void the warrenty and try and mess with it.
Don't mess with it, just have it looked at.

Since we're in the "spoing" business...Tigger usually hops around with his tail a lot and it makes a sound. Is that the spoing you're talking about? ;D I love to see the face of the mechanic when you tell him the problem. :eek: Maybe you can video tape the encounter.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You must have pressed the "SPOING" button on the dash. Press it again to turn off the SPOING feature.

Big Larry
[/color] ;D

Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
ok only happens when fully stopping, like at a stop sign or red light, when you come upt at 10 or 5 mph, is makes a SPOING, like a spring going off, and the abs acts like its working, when stoping it makes a spoing noise and starts fighting my force ON DRY PAVEMENT and there are no warning signs on the dash, and coming up and interstate ramp theres no spoing but it starts fighting me when i hit the brake or when i accelriate it pups the brakes by it self, any body else had this kind a trouble, what do you think is wrong, im going to the dealer tomarrow. wow 4 days old. i hope this is all i encounter. thanks for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

LOL, NO, take a suspension spring and bounce on it, if you have one lying around, make a sit and bounce out of it, it kinda sounds like that. when it makes the sound the brakes pump, and it happens when it shifts into first gear, could it be the tranny, and if feels like somthing gets loose in the engine compartment, maybe the engine will fall out and i can stick a 572 (720 hp) chevrolet engine in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have experienced a similar effect you are describing. As I come into my office parking lot, I turn left as I hit a slight hill and I brake all at the same time. I have heard a strange noise 4 or 5 times. It is a little concerning but since it has only happened in this situation, I haven't been super concerned. We'll see..... :-\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

took it to the dealer today, they said bring it back monday, they had three techs out eather sick or on vacation and they should all be back monday, i had them check the brakes just to be safe and they passed on an inspection, engine also passed, so its nothing dangerously serious, so we will see monday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

yes, my dads friend (steve, im gunna use his name from now on because i dont like calling him a dealer, because he does not seem like a car dealer) had no idea what i was talking about. he said maybe that new car smell has gone to your head.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You going to have to drive the vehicle with him. And when you hear the "spoing" effect, make sure you grab his attention so he can hear it. Maybe he'll have another new word for it. But if you both come up with the same conclusion, then the interior of your car must have some really strong new car smell. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

well i talked to steve, and he said its a tripple wammy , its all covered by warrenty but he is not sure how it happend, the abs and stability control were fried, they replaced them, and the left and right brakes were warn and rusted out completly. he said the spoing is gone but im not sure what could cause it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
And on that note, how long are you going to keep your album empty? If we can't hear the spoing then we should at least see what vehicle it came from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

what album. you want to here my songs. ??? ??? ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

i would love to but i have no idea what in the world your talking about, dont i just make a thred in the picture section, and i will be lucky to get the enclave back tomarrow but will definitly get her back wensday, i dont mind driving an 05 viper around though. ;D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts