EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks something like this. The roof is just as bad. Unfortunately, the other pictures didn't come out very well.

Rather than getting it fixed I traded it in for a twin. So, I'm now on my third Enclave.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
:eek: I am so sorry to read about your new Enclave's damage. Its hard to imagine that hail damage would be so expensive to repair. I hope that 2013 take-two will be luckier.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Oh my word!

I remember when my friend who was visiting Dallas had her new Acadia Denali beaten to **** and back by a hail storm, when her Denali was only a week to 10 days old. It was pretty sad looking. The repair took forever but she said it came back looking like new. I was just talking with her last week, as she is now living in Utah and she said the Denali is still looking good.

Good luck with the this one. What is the saying "third time charm"?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Man, thats bad. I think you are better off getting the 13 in the long run. While some body shops are awesome, when doing insurance work, unfortunately, most are not "factory" quality (at least where I am).

·
Registered
795 Posts
TSS said:
Man, thats bad. I think you are better off getting the 13 in the long run. While some body shops are awesome, when doing insurance work, unfortunately, most are not "factory" quality (at least where I am).
If I'm not mistaken from the grill that is or was a 13. May as well wait fora 14 now. They'll be out in a couple weeks anyway.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
TSS said:
I agree about the quality of body work. I have never had any body work look 100% factory matching. :(

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
gostate said:
If I'm not mistaken from the grill that is or was a 13. May as well wait fora 14 now. They'll be out in a couple weeks anyway.
axiama already replaced her hail damaged 2013 Enclave for another 2013, based on her post.

·
Registered
592 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
axiama already replaced her hail damaged 2013 Enclave for another 2013, based on her post.
You are right, I read that wrong. That's even worse. But again, I would 100% replace, instead of repair if that was an option or feasible, which it sounds like it is for her.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, that car was only 3 months old when the storm hit. My plan was to get it fixed. But the only body shop I would trust had a 1 - 2 month wait just to get in the door. Then it would have been about 4 weeks for them to fix it. I drove passed the dealership one day and saw that they had an identical Enclave in stock. I was able to trade it in without owing anything more than I did before. That was much easier and less painful than getting the damaged one fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GoldEnclave said:
How did you manage to get such a great trade-in, axiama?
I didn't. I got a pitiful trade in but when you combine it with the check from the insurance company, the $1500 rebate and $1,000 conquest cash it ended up being a wash. Luckily.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kidsenclave said:
:eek: Wow, you have bad luck with vehicles and damage, this one you talk of (LaCrosse) and your recent hail damage with the Enclave. Hope it's all past you now.
I hope so too. I need to stop parking in my own driveway!!! :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
axiama said:
I hope so too. I need to stop parking in my own driveway!!! :shrug:
Well, then. I am definitely not coming to visit. I wouldn't want to take the chance of parking in your driveway. ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like it was left on the golf range! Wow. We just had some small hail here in upstate NY, luckily no damage to either of our cars. Hope the new ride is as good or better than the last.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Bert Bot said:
Looks like it was left on the golf range! Wow. We just had some small hail here in upstate NY, luckily no damage to either of our cars. Hope the new ride is as good or better than the last.
Forget about it looking like it was on the golf range. How about it just looks like a giant silver golfball with all those dimples? :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing