EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

If you have had your CAMs replaced -- when was your Enclave built?

• Aug 2007 or before

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 2007

• Oct 2007

• Nov 2007

• Dec 2007

• Jan 2008

• Feb 2008 or after

• No issue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several folks have had the misfortune to have CAMSHAFT issues -- there are many
forum topics discussing.

This poll might help those who are looking at a used Lamda or have one
and have concerns relative to suspect build dates.

thanks,

m

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
You may or may not want to do this but it might be nice if there is a "no issue" option also. That way we can also gauge the level of the issue.

Your call.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: If you have been CAMMED - Please tell us your build dates (found on door roc

zman said:
You may or may not want to do this but it might be nice if there is a "no issue" option also. That way we can also gauge the level of the issue.

Your call.
Done -- Let's hope no one needs to repeal that vote!

m

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I dont see what adding the no issue does to this poll without putting the month in it also....If you add the month you can tell if it is random or not. Just a thought!

·
Registered
32 Posts
PAPoPo said:
I dont see what adding the no issue does to this poll without putting the month in it also....If you add the month you can tell if it is random or not. Just a thought!
I believe the intent is to guage what percentage of board members have encountered the problem. You are correct, it does nothing to identify if it is random or isolated to certain lots, but it does answer a different question, that of how widespread the problem is.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I think it is a good idea I just figured it would be good to see if it falls in a particluar month, sorry if i stepped over my bounds...!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: If you have been CAMMED - Please tell us your build dates (found on door roc

I dont believe you overstepped any bounds. I was just clarifying. I thought adding it was a good idea as it helps answer 2 different questions in one poll.
P

·
Registered
333 Posts

maybe this was already discussed but wouldn't the engine build date be more important than the vehicle assembly date?

·
Registered
35 Posts

johnt26 said:
maybe this was already discussed but wouldn't the engine build date be more important than the vehicle assembly date?
It would be but 1) where do you find it and 2) half the people can't find their build date as it is and/or they are too lazy to go look and post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Rod S said:
It would be but 1) where do you find it and 2) half the people can't find their build date as it is and/or they are too lazy to go look and post.
Whether you are interested in the engine build date or the vehicle build date depends on
what you want to do with the data.

In my mind -- if I own an Enclave I *might* be able to figure out the engine build date,
but if I was looking at purchasing a new one on a lot, or a used one from somewhere,
I'm likely to only know the vehicle build date -- and there might be enough correlation
between that and CAM problems that someone might choose one that is
assembled at a different time.

Is it bullet proof -- no
Is it comprehensive -- no
It probably is not even statistically meaningful until we have a couple hundred entries......

But you got to start somewhere.

m

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK, I blew it. Going down the list as to when my Enclave was built, I hit Feb. 2008 without thinking and sent the message. Then I read after my vote was posted and I should have gone down one further and said no problems. So if you can, remove 1 number from the build date and put my reply into no problem area. It was still built in Feb. 2008
Tuckermech

·
Registered
68 Posts
Build date of 10/07 with no cam issues. Did have the transmission shift problem but the latest flash updates made a tremendous difference in the feel of the car. 8)

·
Registered
612 Posts

12/21/07 No problems

I am not sure how I voted. The chad is dangling and has a dimple.

·
Registered
5 Posts
build date was 01/08, no problems of any kind. I may have hit the date iinstead of no issues, hope not sorry if I messed it up.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Build date 01/23/08.

I have been cammed twice...

One cam was fixed in April. The other one needs to be fixed. I've been waiting for parts since May :angryfire:...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts