EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on ordering an Enclave in the next few days and was curious what the general concensus was for the color of the leather. My wife likes the Red Jewel exterior and we have a choice of the Cashmere or Ebony leather. I believe the first choice would be Cashmere but haven't had an opportunity to see what it looked like with the Red Jewel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The cashmere will show dirt, oil or tar quicker, the ebony will show lint and animal hair quicker plus will make for a hotter interior in the summer. In the old days of course, if you got a black car you got a red interior, and vice versa.... You pays your money and takes your choice!

·
Registered
100 Posts
We test drove a Red Jewel on Cashmere leather yesterday and I don't think you could go wrong. If it gets dirty, clean it - leather cleans nicely. I have used a product called Leatherique to keep the leathers in my BMWs and Acura very nice and I will use it on our Enclave.

I personally love a Red car with a black interior - I think it is a little more classic and a little sportier. The cashmere is a litle more luxurious and pampered. My wife would pick the cashmere and I would pick the ebony. The Enclave is going to be her so car, so if we were doing Red Jewel it would be Cashmere leather.

If you are purchasing Leathrique (http://www.leatherique.com/), their system is a two step process:

1) Pristine
2) Rejuvenating Oil

It is miles ahead of Lexol and the like.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tend to agree. It is my wife's car, so she gets to choose. I just wanted to get a feel if people thought it was a combination that doesn't work together since I was not able to see one on the lot. Thanks for the tip on the leather cleaner.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I liked the Red Jewel and Ebony pairing therefore that is what we have on order. I really did not like the cashmere interior. For me the 4 different color tones, light tan (seats), dark brown (center console & trim), gray trim plus the plood trim did not seem to flow for me. To much contrast.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have Red Jewel with Ebony, we love it. It was our first choice since we have young kids. It is true that you can clean the leather easily but you only have leather on the seats. The rest of the carpeting rugs will be hard to maintain in any other color than Black, specially in rainy/snowy season.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got White Opal w/ Cashmere on order. For me the issue is hot car seats in the summer, so a black interior is out of the question.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We are waiting for our blue-gold with ebony interior. There was no decision to make with color of the interior. With 4 kids, the darkest color available was for us! :thumb:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think either would complement the Red Jewel exterior just fine. I'm split on the cashmere - in general I like tan leather better than black leather for most vehicles, but the four colors in the cashmere interior are a bit much. Were the dash a ligher brown/darker tan, it might have coordinated better. Still, a very handsome interior at first glance... we just thought it might annoy us in the long term.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Another way of looking at it is the light interior gives that "airy" feeling - the roominess and clean look. A dark interior gives that close, private feeling. Here in Vegas, you'll definitely feel the leather heat up. It won't matter if it's dark or light but of course darker will be hotter. Another thing to look for are the mats. Light interior will give you light-colored mats and vice-versa. When you check out the vehicles at the dealers (it don't matter what vehicle), look at the mats. You'll notice the dirt and imprints on lighter-colored mats. But of course that's a given. It all depends if you mind or not.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I personally loved the ebony interior. The ebony made the wood grain in the Enclave pop quite nicely. I tend to agree with those opinions already stated in regards to the cashmere--the light color of the carpet and mats = dirty and dingy appeareance over time as well as too much contrast in regards to the different colors of the dash.

Good luck in deciding though!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for everyone's input - I'm sold and my wife is sold as well. Her argument for the Cashmere was that the leather would be easy to clean, but we were not considering the carpet and mats. We live in Ohio, so a black interior will only be an issue part of the year, and the remote start (with A/C on) should help with that. We are going with the ebony.

Thanks again, this site is a valuable resource.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
marzetta7 said:
I personally loved the ebony interior. The ebony made the wood grain in the Enclave pop quite nicely. I tend to agree with those opinions already stated in regards to the cashmere--the light color of the carpet and mats = dirty and dingy appeareance over time as well as too much contrast in regards to the different colors of the dash.

Good luck in deciding though!
:ditto:

good choice the ebony is simply elegant in the enclave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts