EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, after driving a plethora of SUV's, the Enclave fits the bill. It is primarily for my wife, and she was adamant that this was the one. I was happy, as I liked it best of the GM clan. We drove every import possible and I wasn't blown away by any of them, they were considerable more money and the Enclave looks pretty spiffy.

So, now the hard part...

We want a CX with leather and sunroof. I don't need 19's or navigation, like I said, my wife's car...

MSRP on this is $48,900.

I went to a couple of dealerships to see what kind of deals they were giving. Best price was $44.3 out the door cash..

How do I figure out if this is a decent price, the whole process is confusing.

Also, I am in West Toronto, any good dealers to recommend?

Oh, and any recommendations between the AWD and FWD? I am leaning towards FWD, but is it worth the extra cash for the three or four times you need it? any thoughts from current owners would be great....

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
First of all :welcome:

Check out the regional boards under Canada East.(Edit - Ah I see you have already done this!) I wouldn't just limit yourself to the West End (Mississauga?) but back when I was shopping Hawley had good pricing posted on the windshields.

So $39,200 pre tax for a CX with leather and sunroof is almost 10K off MSRP. I know others are getting 13K off ($1000 over invoice) on loaded CXL's. Back in January I know the Invoice price on a CX was about 39.8K including freight PDI and Air and fuel tax and I think the prices have increased $500 since then. Sunroof cost is $1450 and leather cost is $1505. So 43,255 less current incentives ($5,500 Enclave, $1000 cash and $1000 for current GM or possible conquest), plus $1000 plus tax. I'm thinking about 42,633 on the road with only sun roof and leather assuming no other GM vehicle or conquest so i think you have some more room to negotiate. I ended up buying in Etobicoke. PM me if you want or PM VMTLS if you want a dealer in Scarborough.

I would also strongly consider getting the drivers confidence package (cost $757) if I was getting a CX just to get the rear camera.

As far as AWD vs FWD, if you are just limiting your driving to around T.O. I didn't spend the extra $3K plus tax and don't regret it. That being said I might look at getting some snows for this winter but I have the 19' Michilins.

Hope this helps and good luck with your purchase. Let us know if you end up buying.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Canuck said:
What is the conquest offer? and is it offered on the Enclave?
Conquest is if you are trading in a vehicle from another brand which is a competitor. IE I traded a 4 year old Honda Odyssey for the Buick Enclave

·
Registered
179 Posts
bones said:
How do I figure out if this is a decent price, the whole process is confusing.

Oh, and any recommendations between the AWD and FWD? I am leaning towards FWD, but is it worth the extra cash for the three or four times you need it? any thoughts from current owners would be great....
Welcome to the forums!

I am assuming you have already read this thread: http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=4134.msg60283#msg60283

The best way to figure out a decent deal is finding the invoice price of base CX and all other options and then deduct the current incentives. Once you know that it is the dealer markup that makes a difference. The markup should be $1,000 tops depending on whether it's a factory order and other criteria. There should not be admin or any other fees. FYI: the current incentives are:

Cash Delivery Allowance/Factory to Dealer Rebate $5,500.00 June 1, 2009
Total Package Option - Please see General Comments $0.00 June 1, 2009
Dealer Cash Alternative Option/Factory to Dealer Rebate $1,000.00 June 1, 2009
Canadian Forces Personnel Appreciation Program $500.00 January 4, 2010
GM Owner Loyalty Bonus/Factory to Customer Incentive $1,000.00 June 30, 2009

Re: FWD vs AWD, like IMHIP2 explained, if your driving is limited to mostly on urban/built-up areas there is no point in spending that extra $3.5G for AWD. I have had great results so far during past winter with FWD and stock Michelin Latitudes. Like IMHIP2 said, I too am looking getting some winter tires though. The problem is finding the size - so far I have been able to find only one make - Toyo Observe G-02 plus that fits exactly both 18" and 19" wheels of the Enclave.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I am really glad I found this forum. Thanks for all the info and opinion. I am putting together some numbers and I will update this string with my expierience and pricing etc.

On the FWD vs. AWD, there are probably two or three occasions where we use it (one winter trip up north and some winter highway driving), so I am leaning towards saving the money upfront.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am buying a Enclave too. Here is an email quote I got from a dealer for a CX AWD with leather and the driver confidence Package:

MSRP: $50090 (Base Price: $45805; Options $2885; Air and Freight: 1400)

Sale Price: $46900
Gax Tax: 75
Admin: 399
PPSA: 66
Gas: 30
RDC: -6500
Option 3: -1000
Subtotal: 39975
Total Tax-in: $45159.27

It also indicates "yes" in the Demo field.

Now, questions:

1. for the incentives, I assume "RDC" should be the Cash Delivery Allowance+Dealer Cash Alternative Option; "Option 3" is for not taking the onStar Package. Am I right?

2. for demo cars, what would be the room for negociation? how would the price be related to mileage and warranty starting date?

3. Finally, what should you think I should be paying for this one?

Appreciate all coments and info (I've read vmtls, IMHIP2 and others' posts on the board, thanks a lot!)

·
Registered
179 Posts
dreamdreamdream said:
I am buying a Enclave too. Here is an email quote I got from a dealer for a CX AWD with leather and the driver confidence Package:

MSRP: $50090 (Base Price: $45805; Options $2885; Air and Freight: 1400)

Sale Price: $46900
Gax Tax: 75
Admin: 399
PPSA: 66
Gas: 30
RDC: -6500
Option 3: -1000
Subtotal: 39975
Total Tax-in: $45159.27

It also indicates "yes" in the Demo field.

Now, questions:

1. for the incentives, I assume "RDC" should be the Cash Delivery Allowance+Dealer Cash Alternative Option; "Option 3" is for not taking the onStar Package. Am I right?

2. for demo cars, what would be the room for negociation? how would the price be related to mileage and warranty starting date?

3. Finally, what should you think I should be paying for this one?

Appreciate all coments and info (I've read vmtls, IMHIP2 and others' posts on the board, thanks a lot!)
1. Yes, RDC seems to me $6500 Cash delivery allowance. Option 3 seems like GM Loyalty Bonus. Do you own another GM vehicle?

2. No idea.

3. If this was a brand new 2009 your sale price before incentives should be $45,105 based on what I was charged the (45805 * 90% + 2885 * 86% + 1400 + delivery/AC + 1000 markup). The rest of the calc for a brand new should be (no Admin, no PPSA, only OMVIC $5 and Gas Tax $75):

RDC: -6,500
Option 3: -1,000 (whatever that is)
OMVIC 5
Gas Tax 75

Subtotal: 38,685

Total w/ tax: $43,714

So I think you are overpaying quite a bit for a demo. BTW, I got a free full tank of gas. I have not heard a dealer charging for gasoline on a new car sale.

Hope this helps!

Edit: $1000 markup is for a factory order. If you are buying off the lot, it should even lower.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

So is this 2 different options?

Total Package option if you do not take it you get 1,000 credit

What is the dealerCash alternative option/factory to dealer Rebate is this something in addition? is it new?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Canuck said:

So is this 2 different options?

Total Package option if you do not take it you get 1,000 credit

What is the dealerCash alternative option/factory to dealer Rebate is this something in addition? is it new?
From CCC pricing report:

The Total Package Option program applies to deliveries between February 13, 2009 and June 1, 2009. This program is available to customers purchasing, financing or leasing a new eligible 2008 or 2009 vehicle. The Total Package Option includes a 36 months/60,000km or 48 months/80,000km Maintenance Package (coverage period is model dependant), plus a two year subscription of OnStar with Directions and Connections, plus a two year subscription for the XM Satellite Radio. This program can be combined with the following programs, if available: Car Heaven, GM Card, Cash Delivery Allowance, GMAC Reduced Rate Finance, Finance Cash, Loyalty & Conquest programs but it can not be combined with the 5 year/100,000 km Maintenance Package Option nor the Dealer Cash Alternative Option. Please consult your dealer for further details.

The Dealer Cash Alternative Option/Factory to Dealer Rebate applies to deliveries between February 13, 2009 and June 1, 2009. This rebate is available to customers purchasing, financing or leasing a new eligible 2008 or 2009 vehicle. This program can be combined with the following programs, if available: Car Heaven, GM Card, Cash Delivery Allowance, GMAC Reduced Rate Finance, Finance Cash, Loyalty & Conquest programs but it can not be combined with the Total Package Option program[/color] nor the 5 Year/100,000km Maintenance Package. This rebate is applied to the before tax amount. Please consult your dealer for further details.

·
Registered
577 Posts
So no additional $1,000 available if taking the $1,000 credit for the Total Option package.

I saw earlier in the thread that a $-6,500 and then option 3 $-1,000 but it is really is $-5,500 + $-1,000 plus other possible misc amounts as noted.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am also getting a full tank of gas. I am paying about 48K all in for an Enclave that also has AWD, sunroof, DVD, machined wheels, remote start and tow pack plus your options and factory ordered. Your quote seems too high.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rooot,

If you are referring to mine I have the CXL with all options except DVD and NAV. About 11,000 off list with all things considered.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry for the confusion Canuck but I was talking about Dreamdreamdream's price. Did you get any throw ins, though?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts