EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

I'm so sad: my month-old car was hit today

5K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Gmoney_2010 
#1 ·
Big, ugly scrape on the back of my baby. :'(

I know it's just a car, but I'm sick about it. I've never loved a car the way I love this one, and I've had it almost exactly a month. I can't help but think it's some kind of reminder that I put too much emphasis on this material thing.

Guess I'll be visiting body shops for estimates. It happened today while I was parked at the grocery store, the so-called security cameras couldn't help me figure out who did it.

Just wanted to share with some who would understand!

#3 ·
That sucks...and to leave like that, was probably a jealous lexus owner...I sorry to hear about it.

#5 ·
I feel for ya. I haven't even shared this with the group, but a couple of weeks ago I discovered that some son of a bitch KEYED my beloved Enclave and left a long, narrow scratch on the rear hatch, which faces the street when I park in my driveway.

Now, an accident is aggravating enough, and I wouldn't sleep well until the damage was completely repaired. I would be in an unsettled state which the Italians call "agita" and for which I have my own neologism: "utz'ed" (with the "u" rhyming with the "oo" in "foot"). So I would be UTZED until the damage was fully repaired.

Accidents happen. But when it comes to someone intentionally damaging my Enclave, that brings out the Tony Soprano in me, and I fully believe that if the malefactor were to be caught, he or she should get the treatment that Mr. Soprano gave to Coco (if you missed it, you can catch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEnCa2DFfU ).

I am a great supporter of the concept of "severe beatings" to "SOB's" by the way.

Big "You Got A Problem?" Larry
[/color] :angryfire:

#6 ·
Awww, I'm sure you're very sad! And it did not happen because you own a vehicle that you love!... It happened because some idiot drove into your car! ....(Maybe it was a wake up call for a drunk driver who went home, joined AA and your Enclave saved his life!) :thumb:
The body shop will make it look like new! I promise!

And Big Larry!!!! Whoa, there is gonna be some bad karma coming down on that rude, jealous SOB!

#7 ·
I feel for ya. I haven't even shared this with the group, but a couple of weeks ago I discovered that some son of a bitch KEYED my beloved Enclave and left a long, narrow scratch on the rear hatch, which faces the street when I park in my driveway.

Now, an accident is aggravating enough, and I wouldn't sleep well until the damage was completely repaired. I would be in an unsettled state which the Italians call "agita" and for which I have my own neologism: "utz'ed" (with the "u" rhyming with the "oo" in "foot"). So I would be UTZED until the damage was fully repaired.

Accidents happen. But when it comes to someone intentionally damaging my Enclave, that brings out the Tony Soprano in me, and I fully believe that if the malefactor were to be caught, he or she should get the treatment that Mr. Soprano gave to Coco (if you missed it, you can catch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEnCa2DFfU ).

I am a great supporter of the concept of "severe beatings" to "SOB's" by the way.

Big "You Got A Problem?" Larry
[/color] :angryfire:

#10 ·
That really sucks! I would be very sad if someone hit or keyed one of ours!!!

#11 ·
Sorry to hear about your problem. It sucks when a piece of $*@! doesn't own up to damaging your property. Hopefully it will be fixed to your satisfaction and you'll forget about it in time.

#12 ·
OMG! I'm so sorry. :eek:hno: I would just die. I agree with you we put so much importance on these material possessions. But that's a $40,000 possession! :eek: Let us know the estimate of repair if you don't mind sharing. I was just wondering the other day what it would cost if someone hit the tailgate, with the backup camera and all. I'll bet it's pretty spendy.

I had an incident a couple years ago happen to my last car, when I was in the ER with my husband who was having a heart attack, when I came out of ER at 3am to go home, someone, to add insult to injury, had backed into my car and left with no note or anything. And they could see the car that did it on their parking lot security cameras but it wasn't sharp enough of a photo to identify. Surely another UNINSURED motorist. Makes me sick!

Hope you get it back good as new. I'm sure they'll do a good job. Think positive.

#13 ·
So sorry to hear about the big "ouwie" to your Halle Baby. That's just awful and something I think we all think about. Everytime I park in a parking lot, I think about it and never park next to a car that seems to have no pride of ownership. (for fear of dings)

TechnoMarvel backed into a bush last Thanksgiving in the dark up at Big Bear and dented the lift gate of our minivan. It was an $1100 bill. Of course, it came out his pocket.

When I was rear ended and there was a scratch on the bumper it was $700. When I hit a deer up in Scott Valley two years ago, it was $1400. Maybe that will give you an idea.

Sorry, too, Big Larry, for what happened to you.

#14 ·
I'm so sorry to hear that you got hit. I have been neurotic about keeping my Enclave out of the way of jerks and idiot drivers.

I will tell you that a little over a year ago I bought a new VW EOS hard top convertible...I had it for 5 days and some young kid on a cell phone rear ended me and totaled the car. My family was safe overall thank god but the car was a total loss. It does suck but your Enclave will be back on the road before you knowit. They can do wonders at body shops these days and I also would stick with a GM body shop.

:-\

#15 ·
Cat,

"Sorry for your luck", as they say on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, but really it's a car and can be fixed...probably better than new!

This coming from someone who, in a previous life, polished his garage floor!! ;D

Just breath...everything will be all right!

Happy Holidays!

#16 ·
I don't blame you for being sad. At least it wasn't your fault. After having mine for about 3 weeks, I hit the side of my garage. $1600 later, I have a brand new front of my car. Talk about feeling sick. It's all my garage's fault for being so narrow :eek:hno:

#17 ·
ooh Cat. I'm so sorry. I know it's a matter of time before all of us get at least a ding, but at 1 month? that's just F@#%$ crappy.
Now if we could find this person, we could administer some of our own Texas justice.....

#18 ·
GM doesn't necessarily have the best body shops; all of them are independent of GM and don't necessarily use the same brand of paint. Some dealers don't have body shops at all.

Richard

#19 ·
i think if i were to get into a wreck(i hope not!) that i would either want it to be very very minor or totaled so that i could get a brand new car without worrying about problems with the fixes. and nobody getting hurt!!!!!!1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.