EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the rear audio and ac controls (maybe all come with it I dont know). However, my question is, can my wife listen to a completely different radio station than I can? I know she can watch a movie while I listen to XM however, can she listen to FM or a CD while I listen to XM (assuming she's in the second row)?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes. Works well, but with one problem ... if they listen to the same source as you, they can control the source. I.e., if the front and rear both have FM on, the rear can "take control" and change the station.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
yes, it does work that way, basically the front and rear can listen to whatever they want except something on the same source, i.e. you can't listen to one FM up front and a different FM in the back, but you can listen to XM up front and FM in back etc or a CD up front and XM in back etc.

·
Registered
333 Posts
rwagoner said:
Yes. Works well, but with one problem ... if they listen to the same source as you, they can control the source. I.e., if the front and rear both have FM on, the rear can "take control" and change the station.
my 8 year-old figured that out this weekend and kept taking control of XM...any way to lock it out besides tying him to the roof??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, well I've been unable to get it working like that. Any tips?

I know how to control the same source between the front and back. However, when the front is on XM, I can't get the back to play the CD where it can be heard on the speakers (or does it have to be via headphones)?

·
Registered
333 Posts
civileng68 said:
Okay, well I've been unable to get it working like that. Any tips?

I know how to control the same source between the front and back. However, when the front is on XM, I can't get the back to play the CD where it can be heard on the speakers (or does it have to be via headphones)?
RSE users must use headphones...the audio system turns down (off?) the rear speakers so that they don't interfere with the headset users (nice feature, my kids would complain about be able to hear the front audio source when they were using the RSE in our Sienna so I would manually fade the audio forward)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts