EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I currently own a 2010 Enclave. I really enjoy my ride and so does my family. Today, I went to a junkyard looking for parts and I stumbled upon a 2009 Enclave pretty much stripped. I opened the door and found that the touchscreen/infotainment system was still in the vehicle. I pulled the system out the 09 Enclave in hopes I can install it in my 2010 Enclave. My 2010 Enclave has the stock cd/aux/radio system with no screen. Does anyone know if the infotainment system will be compatible with my Enclave, and if so, what components will I need to get the job done.

Thank you,

Cristian

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
How would I program it to my VIN?
You don't, you take it to the dealer and pay between 1/2 and 1 hour of shop rate and they do it. And that's assuming you find the rare tech that knows how to properly do this with a Tech II so they don't just permanently brick the radio. There are WAY too many posts out there of people bringing their cars in to have the VIN flashed only to leave with a totally dead radio and the dealership saying the only thing they can do is sell them a brand new radio.

It's POSSIBLE to do it yourself but it involves taking the radio apart and reprogramming the eeprom with your vin, but that's above the heads of about 99% of car DIYers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts