EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing a bose subwoofer in the standard stereo setup. Basically I'm waiting to install a navigation system and I wanted this done since it was a major deal taking out the center console to get to it. I have pictures for all to see to finally put to rest the question of " where is the subwoofer in my enclave,acadia,outlook.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Holy Cow! That looks like it was a pain in the :moon: job! Do you think any other sub other than the Bose one would have fit?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the photos!

I now know why it was so hard to stuff my composite cables under the center console!

There seems to be opennings at the front (where I was able to run the cables down from the Nav) and an openning towards the rear ( which is where I was stuffing most of the GMX aux video 1 cables). I couldn't stuff immediately to the rear of the console. Your photos provide ample explanation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't know if anything else would fit because its molded plastic that the speaker box is made out of. but before i installed it there was about a 1 1/2 foot of space but it starts to slope up near the firewall. the air ducts are right underneath it. in the picture with my finger in it i was trying to show the 2 allen wrench screws you must remove to remove the center console. once you did that and remove the other obvious screws on the bottom of the sides it popped right up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I got chest pains just LOOKING at those pics! :ack:

I salute you for your bravery! :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i didn't let my wife see her car until i posted these to show you how it's put together. and that first picture is actually the car back together. i posted out of order.. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Which direction does the sub fire? Toward the firewall, up into the console, out the exhaust??? It sounds pretty good for being packed in there and for not being a huge unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the box is enclosed and yes there is a way to have it installed, order the cd changer, nav or nav dvd pkg. mine was the base cd pkg.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is that a 4 inch driver? There are some aftermarket subs that may fit, however you still won't get more sound or lower response unless you use a larger speaker and put it elsewhere where it will be properly loaded. There is no substitute for size in this situation. Focal and Dynaudio make drivers that will fit the factory locations and sound awesome if driven with good amps and you us a sound cleaner to clean the signal coming from the factory unit.

·
Registered
509 Posts
txhokie4life said:
Is there anyway to get this installed at the factory if you are ordering a model?

Seems like if would be way simpler then!!!!

m
Just order the Bose stereo and/or Nav...that's all. This was a case here of having the standard stereo and not Bose, which does not work (without amp) then if you want to put in the OEM Nav later--it requires it. Order/buy one with Bose and/or Nav and no issue...this is just when you don't do that and want it after.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello!
First time posting here but I am a regular in the Acadia forum. And sorry for resurrecting the thread..

I have been trying to get info about the stock subwoofer and I can't find any from the other forum. Nobody has replied yet and I think no one has performed it either. I have revamped my stock audio system.. replaced HU with aftermarket nav system, replaced all speakers, replaced all speaker wirings, add 4 channel amp, add subwoofer amp, add subwoofer which now sits behind the 3rd row..pretty much everything. I even have applied sound deadening (dynamat) on all doors and pillars.
All I wanted back is the real estate taken up by the subwoofer that is why I'm looking for the stock sub as a solution. Can anybody provide me with the part number of the stock sub? Can the enclosure be bought separately or it has to be the sub package?
Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What would you give me for a stock sub ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
rick418cars said:
What would you give me for a stock sub ?
i really don't know. what do you have in mind? thanks.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
jflani said:
I just got done installing a bose subwoofer in the standard stereo setup. Basically I'm waiting to install a navigation system and I wanted this done since it was a major deal taking out the center console to get to it. I have pictures for all to see to finally put to rest the question of " where is the subwoofer in my enclave,acadia,outlook.

Hats off to jflani for a job well done. :cheers: Maybe if I trim some plastic from front of console some more BASE will leak out ::) My '03 Yukon has it there also, and base is very good. My 2000 Yukon had it in rear-most side panels (near hatch), fully exposed (thru grill), and it CRANKED!! Que sera........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh, wow. Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have a question about those pics. I, too, would like to add a sub to my Outlook, but I really want to add that factory amp. I see it in one of the pics on your passenger floorboard. Does anyone know exactly where it goes? I'd like to see if I have the "pre-wiring" so I can just throw it in there, then I'll worry about the sub. Thanks!

--Eric

·
Registered
57 Posts
JRandom said:
but I really want to add that factory amp. I see it in one of the pics on your passenger floorboard. Does anyone know exactly where it goes?
The factory amp is mounted back to back with the Body Control module - under the driver side dash to the left of the steering column. This post has a partial picture - http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5235.msg74518#msg74518. The second picture shows the amp on the left and the BCM on the right. You'll need to remove the lower panel to get to it. Help on that can be found here in the second picture on this post - http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5235.msg69704#msg69704.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts