EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
cfedor said:
Does anyone have a subscription to this website, that can retrieve the rest of the instructions past the sites subscribe cutoff?

This would definately help out and explain a lot.

https://www.repairprocedures.com/service-manual/document/2008/buick/enclave-fwd/engine/engine-mount-vacuum-hose-replacement-vent-hose/2969_1826_7354_76842_12_1992106.html
Tried finding that information in the service manual which many have downloaded. I just wasn't able to find it or any vacuum line information Not saying it isn't there, just wasn't able to find it last night.

https://mega.nz/#!zlFDEIJZ!lhEvdcmJL895CqO3HHkWfb1_8lGKFRajYnKT9Uac1i8

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yep I have it all down loaded from months ago. I went thru the massive .pdf's also and found nothing.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here's a full diagram of what goes where.... Rbarrios, the link you shared for Ebay was the actual engine mount.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Keep us updated with your progress, cfedor.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
yes-- correct...

the ebay item-- was to show that the mount does indeed come with a nipple.

Looking at the pic above---
it makes sense...

I said the Acadia for this year does not show this fancier Mount with the nipple...

but I remembered theres has been post from members who work on their cars- and suddenly find that the vehicle runs rough... and that nipple up top- that appears to be missing a cap once they start searching for vacuum leaks.
and other owners say-- theirs have a small cap attached to it---

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=13882.0

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It's cool. Great cross-forum referencing! I just wonder what it is gonna take to get to that hose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wow now I wanna go see if I have that option. I've taken my intake manifold off several times and never remember a vacuum line at the back side.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Justin-PA said:
wow now I wanna go see if I have that option. I've taken my intake manifold off several times and never remember a vacuum line at the back side.
I don't know if it was used on the 09's ??? Yeah, and dummy me, didn't get a picture of the backside of the manifold before I put it back in... duh. :facepalm: I guess I could try to take a pic of the connection while it's back in the "Cherry-Ot". If there is any room to see it.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Pics of the rear manifold connection point(my finger is on IT - it isn't the silver barrel thing in focus), severed line(s), engine mount, vacuum tank

Attachments

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
cfedor said:
I ordered the replacement hose(s). Hopefully it comes quickly and I can put it on without dismantling the entire front end...
What I hate is shipping costs. The part is $19.** and shipping is $14.** Oh well - gotta have it!
http://www.oempartsquick.com/oe-gm/25840536?origin=pla&gclid=CL3T_qrQ-MsCFdgMgQod2bYP1Q
Called the company I ordered the hose from, come to find out it is on a national back order. How does that happen? Is there really that much of a shortage of this particular part? Is it that high in demand? Is it that this part fails that often ??? I haven't seen many posts about this issue, other than my own here. So I cancelled the order, and am going to find it somewhere that actually has it on a shelf somewhere....hopefully....

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
cfedor said:
Justin-PA, I just look at this site for a 2009: http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/auto-parts/2009/buick/enclave/cxl-trim/3-6l-v6-gas-engine/engine-cat/engine-and-trans-mounting-scat

It appears that the same vacuum line is available for yours, also. So, it could be that your engine mounts are the same type as my 08's. ???
I saw that last week--
and noticed that they reuse the picture...
but if you look for those part #s on the right--- like 11 and 13---- not there...
and the trans mount on the 08 and 09 have different part #s

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
cfedor said:
Called the company I ordered the hose from, come to find out it is on a national back order. How does that happen? Is there really that much of a shortage of this particular part? Is it that high in demand? Is it that this part fails that often ??? I haven't seen many posts about this issue, other than my own here. So I cancelled the order, and am going to find it somewhere that actually has it on a shelf somewhere....hopefully....
Or you could make your own...
OR use couplers.

That hose looks pretty small...

But it may be possible to find a coupler-- like this one at an auto parts store.

http://www.finddormanhelp.com/Product?ProductID=1058&pcat=5&cat=13&page=6

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That's what I was thinking too, rbarrios. Maybe mm the hose diameter and find a replacement that I can cut to length and use the existing end connectors to the nipple on the manifold and the lower connection.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I measured the vacuum hose and found 6mm O.D. X 4mm I.D.. I found this on Ebay; http://www.ebay.com/itm/171823839435?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=470759192610&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

for $3.78(but from China). I guess I will check into my local autoparts stores or the hardware store to see what I can find there. I have also contacted several of my online vendors and ask for them to check if they actually have the hose part in stock and on their inventory shelves - am waiting to hear back from them if any of them do. More to follow.... :popcorn:

·
Registered
235 Posts
When you go looking for the hose, don't forget to tell them it is a vacuum line. The wrong kind of hose and it will collapse in on itself.
Rick

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Rick H said:
When you go looking for the hose, don't forget to tell them it is a vacuum line. The wrong kind of hose and it will collapse in on itself.
Rick
:thumb: Yep, thanks Rick H! I actually cut the mangled end off about an inch and will be taking it with me to compare what they have to the OEM...

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I'm intrigued by your DIY effort! No, I'm impressed! I can't wait to find out how this comes out. :thumb:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine is an 09 and I looked at the motor and transmission mounts and found no vacuum lines.
Also there is no vacuum connection on the intake manifold where indicated.
I wonder if when Buick went DI, they also took that option away.
Rick

21 - 40 of 63 Posts