EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I am under the impression that the bistatic motor mounts are present in all model year Enclaves.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Rick H said:
Mine is an 09 and I looked at the motor and transmission mounts and found no vacuum lines.
Also there is no vacuum connection on the intake manifold where indicated.
I wonder if when Buick went DI, they also took that option away.
Rick
That's a good point, Rick.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
When I was at the dealer yesterday for the liftgate reprogramming, I checked with the parts department and the parts Manager managed to indicate a new hose in New aYork. It came in today and I picked it up. Now to find time to put the thing in and remove the old mangled one.Best thing is, when I was shopping for it inline, it was $34-36.00. Got this one for $20.00

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I can't believe it. The part came in on Tuesday. I picked it up, and will be trying to find time to install the thing this weekend.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
cfedor said:
I can't believe it. The part came in on Tuesday. I picked it up, and will be trying to find time to install the thing this weekend.
:popcorn: Have you been practicing your curse words? ;D

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
GoldEnclave said:
:popcorn: Have you been practicing your curse words? ;D
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well, took me about an hour, but I got it changed out. Wasn't as bad as it could have been. Here is a pic of the new part. Old part wasn't worthy of taking a pic of.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
:hilarious: Gold. Just :hilarious:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good work. :blob:
Notice any difference in the engine performance.

Rick

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Rick H said:
Good work. :blob:
Notice any difference in the engine performance.

Rick
Thanks! Unfortunately, not much is noticeable.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well I just figured that with the vacuum leak fixed, not sure if the vacuum is activated at an idle or above an idle, the engine may perform differently.
But with the computer compensation the adjustments were probably quick and now you may notice the change in the gas mileage.
Just me thinking out loud. :eek:

Rick

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Rick H said:
Well I just figured that with the vacuum leak fixed, not sure if the vacuum is activated at an idle or above an idle, the engine may perform differently.
But with the computer compensation the adjustments were probably quick and now you may notice the change in the gas mileage.

Rick
Will have to keep an eye on mileage next full tank of gas go around. Good point Rick.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
cfedor said:
Will have to keep an eye on mileage next full tank of gas go around. Good point Rick.
16 city/22 highway ??? In what universe ??? I am only seeing around 15.8/city no matter how I drive. That has been a constant since I bought the "Cherry-Ot" in 11/2012. But, if I gas up FULL, then hit the highway I can get up to 24. Then when I hit the city streets back down to 15.8 or lower MPG's. Oh well.
On replacing the vacuum hose, it was a breeze, no hickups.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Rick H said:

Rick
Not any better noticeable difference. In fact, I am only seeing about 14.8 MPG on a tank of gas.... I must have a lead foot + running the AC doesn't help much either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
cfedor said:
Pics of the rear manifold connection point(my finger is on IT - it isn't the silver barrel thing in focus), severed line(s), engine mount, vacuum tank
What exactly are these lines called? RBarrios pasted this thread to help, it is informative. Just wanting to get the right name to fix this issue in my Buick, my booster might be screwed due to this, but i wouldnt know until i fix this issue

Attachments

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
listed as ---

Vacuum Hose - 2008 Buick Enclave (25832818)

$53.86

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
the other option is going to Home Depot or Auto parts and finding similar sized hose and t connectors or couplers and patching it up.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
yeah- look around for plastic or metal T fittings or couplers both at Home Depot and auto parts stores.

theres a section of all this stuff at both stores.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts