EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We stopped by our dealer yesterday to see a black Enclave. When we got there it was gone already. Enterprise Rent-a-car had over 7 Enclaves in their lot and one of them was black. It was all basic Enclaves - no DVD and nav, but it was nice seeing 5 Enclaves all lined up in a row. Anyway, got into talking with our salesperson since he ordered a Cocoa for himself (due December). He gave us more info about the Intelligent key fob. He said if you have an AWD already, the receiver is already installed on the vehicle and all you need is the key fob (about $380 each) and the chip to put in the module. I don't know if this is true or not but it's worth a look when the item becomes available. Our's has a build date next week so it should be here early next month (Black CXL AWD).

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
that price of $380 is definitely inflated.... those keyfobs are around 150.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure that was a high quote. That's why I was unsure about the info I got. But hey, if we all can get the Intelligent keyfob for less than $500, I think it'll be a cool toy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good question I didn't asked further. The only thing I can think of is maybe that's where they put the receiver and it's a tight place to put in an AWD. Just speculating of course.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Canuck said:
Why do the AWD have the receiver? What is special about AWD?
its not the awd its the REMOTE START feature.... as long as you have this feature you can easily switch to the advanced key fob it will be a simple matter of computer programming....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is the other version

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
You would think the Outlook would get one with amber lighting, the Acadia red and the Enclave blue to match dash illumination...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone heard any new info on when this will be available for purchase?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Any mention anywhere if the Intelligent keyfob will have a greater range than the stock remote, and how far that might be?

R

·
0 Posts
jacko said:
Any mention anywhere if the Intelligent keyfob will have a greater range than the stock remote, and how far that might be?
yes, we have been told three times greater.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FlavaClav said:
Whoa :eek: Three time farther! Imagine using the chin method and it'll be even farther ;D
I heard if you use the "chin" method of extending remote control range, all the imports in the neighborhood will self-destuct! ;)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Is there any "professional" interest at work anymore? After reading all the excitement for them on this Forum, I just tried to order my Intell Remotes from my dealer and NO BODY in sales or service had a clue! Now, I know it's a relatively new vehicle, but the damned pix is in the factory han-out brochure!! Finally the parts Mgr looked it up, was shocked, and ordered me the kit. (says $195 complete, we'll see)

Doesn't anyone look over the brochures on what they sell anymore? Sales guys, I almost understand. BUT service writers?? First service rep told me it's an "aftermarket' Item !!! Go somewhere else!!

I'm bringing it in about 10 days from now, for the tranny software update as well as the intelligent remote, install. Wish me luck!!! If you hear an explosion in lower NY................ :banghead:

Thank God for the sharing people on this forum!! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts