EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Buick Enclave AWD Premium with DVD:

I am trying to change the bulbs in the 6 overhead map/dome lights in my Enclave. I hate the dark yellow tint the factory bulbs put out. I have the required bulbs needed to replace them with in cool white LED. I have already changed the two bulbs over the front console and it has made a huge difference. Much brighter and easier to see with less glare at night.

However, I now want to change the 4 remaining bulbs. The two for the second row and the two for the 3rd row. Keep in mind, in the second row the bulbs are attached to the assembly that also contains the DVD screen. Like I said, I was able to, pretty easily, change the bulbs in the front. I cannot figure out how to pull the assemblies down in the 2nd and 3rd row to change those 4 bulbs. I'm certain if I could just get the assemblies pulled down from the ceiling I could access the bulbs and change them.

Any help is appreciated. This is my first post.

Thank You!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that information. I did find that and it is helpful for my third row lights. However, my second row has the DVD screen attached and it doesn't address how to remove that.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
travisrcoles said:
Thank you for that information. I did find that and it is helpful for my third row lights. However, my second row has the DVD screen attached and it doesn't address how to remove that.
You needcto drop the screen down, remove the four screws that hold the screen housing in place. Drop the screen housing down, the there are intior pressure clips that hold the light housing to the roof. Slip a plastic putty knife in around the edge to find them and release them. Then you can remove the light housing to get to the backside of the lamp holders to change the bulbs. Hope this helps/works for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You!

This has been very helpful!

I'd also like to change the orange ambient light between the map lights on the front overhead center console. This is the light that lights of the stick shift area. The first thing I would need is the bulb part number and then I would need instructions on how to change it out. It seems quite different than the map light bulbs. My dealer told me it is sold as the whole lamp...not just the bulb. This makes sense at it has an attached plug. They weren't able to tell me if they could order it in an LED.

The GM Part # is 15927718. I can't find this cross referenced any where.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You needcto drop the screen down, remove the four screws that hold the screen housing in place. Drop the screen housing down, the there are intior pressure clips that hold the light housing to the roof. Slip a plastic putty knife in around the edge to find them and release them. Then you can remove the light housing to get to the backside of the lamp holders to change the bulbs. Hope this helps/works for you.
I tried everything and looked up inside the dvd bracket after removing the player screen and there are no clips, no visible retainers to release. It is not attached to the car body, just retained around the headliner. Buick (digital) service manuals do not show any reference to the removal and it cannot be google searched.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
It does take a lot of effort. I pulled and tugged on mine until it came down. I know I did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts