EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar radio problem.

When tuned to any am or fm radio station, the reception is intermittent as the radio is unable to lock on to the desired station.

Specifically, when tuned to any local radio station (i.e. 94.3 FM), the radio intermittantly fluctuates to a frequency above and below this setting (i.e. up to 94.4 back to 94.3, then to 94.2) in a matter of a second or two. The station info (i.e. pop radio or whatever it says) also flickers at the same.

I don't like to complain, but it really agitates the wife passengers, :rant: :help: :sosad:

Any[/color] feedback is appreciated.

Thank-you.

P.S. Really enjoying the forum :thumbsup:

·
Registered
743 Posts
stingray said:
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar radio problem.

When tuned to any am or fm radio station, the reception is intermittent as the radio is unable to lock on to the desired station.

Specifically, when tuned to any local radio station (i.e. 94.3 FM), the radio intermittantly fluctuates to a frequency above and below this setting (i.e. up to 95.4 back to 94.3, then to 94.2) in a matter of a second or two. The station info (i.e. pop radio or whatever it says) also flickers at the same.

I don't like to complain, but it really agitates the wife passengers, :rant: :help: :sosad:

Any[/color] feedback is appreciated.

Thank-you.

Stingray, I sympathize with you. I don't know what part of the Country you're from, but here in the ATL, I get beautiful repception. Have you had this problem with other Vehicles ?? If not, then back to the Dealer it should go. I wish you the best and I hope they get it right. Rocketman 8)
P.S. Really enjoying the forum :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocketman,

Thanks for you response.

I've lived in the Winnipeg, Manitoba area (Canada) for several decades and have never experienced a reception problem such as this on any vehicle.

Maybe the dealership can reset the power to the radio receiver (similar to a computer hard reboot) as this sometimes can resolve some electronic problems.

Cheers
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good luck stingray, as this does not seem to be "normal". Is it doing this on stations you would consider "weak"? Or on strong stations? Either way, I don't think it should do that and I haven't noticed a "frequency change" even when on a weak station (although we listen to XM more then broadcast stations now).

·
Registered
743 Posts
stingray, I've been to Winnipeg once. A beautiful and clean City, or it was at the time I was there. 8)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rocketman said:
stingray, I've been to Winnipeg once. A beautiful and clean City, or it was at the time I was there. 8)
Middle of the summer it looks not too bad for a "prairie town" of approximately 700,000 people. It seems to follow a garden city model in that it has plenty of green parks throughout the city, with "leafy suburbs" (mature elms along towering along both sides of the street in the older areas). The downtown core area has Chicago-style building achitecture.

Sometimes the city is a buzz with movie filming. Two of them that come to mind are "Shall We Dance" with Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopes, and the "Assassination of Jesse James by Coward Robert Ford" with Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck.

Right now, streets look pretty messy with the snow melting and splashing around with the sand that was used during the winter. They will sweep the streets and sidewalks when they think the risk of a spring snowfall is over. So you must have visited in the summer time or perhaps you enjoyed the clear sunny blue skies, but frigid temperatures, during the middle of winter.

:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ccaats said:
Good luck stingray, as this does not seem to be "normal". Is it doing this on stations you would consider "weak"? Or on strong stations? Either way, I don't think it should do that and I haven't noticed a "frequency change" even when on a weak station (although we listen to XM more then broadcast stations now).
It happens with all types of radio stations (including the big power stations). I've never experienced this problem with any other vehicle. I'm hoping it's a simple fix, as I don't want the vehicle torn apart to rectify the problem. I've tried the "Refresh List" feature (p.3-4 in the 2008 Navigation System manual) and will monitor to see if it helps.

:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have same problem with general stations.... Doesnt tune to other station, just brings in more static... What I did is lower the tremble, set the speakers to the rear and it sounds a little better... does the "refresh" option come with the general package?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mtenclave08 said:
I have same problem with general stations.... Doesnt tune to other station, just brings in more static... What I did is lower the tremble, set the speakers to the rear and it sounds a little better... does the "refresh" option come with the general package?
Thanks for the tip mtenclave08,

The "Refresh List" is a feature I found when reading one of the manuals that came with the vehicle's radio/navigation system. It seems like a very basic procedure that should be able to be completed on any Enclave audio system with AM/FM capabilities (which I'm assuming is all of them).

The book says, "Refresh List: Select this screen button to refresh the list of stations." Whichever system you have, it should be in the accompanying manual under the section, "Finding a Station".

I think that lowering the treble and adjusting the speakers to the rear is a solution to temporarily trick the system when driving through a long tunnel in the mountains or at your favorite fishing spot far away from civilization at the edge of the station's reception range.

Living in a city on the prairies (i.e. flat, no mountains to block signals) with at least 10 high powered radio stations, should be ideal to exercise the capabilities of this "expensive" piece of technology. However in Canada, the Entertainment #4 system adds an additional $4720 to the price of the vehicle (+ taxes). So in the long run, I don't think that the temporary fix is an acceptable one. :sosad:

Did you go to the dealership regarding this issue?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I called the dealership... They wanted to know if there were many tall buildings or cell phone towers in the area... There are some but I have experienced this situation on an open road (with no tall bldgs)... Im hoping maybe with more enclaves on the road maybe they have rec'd more complaints, however, here in New York I havent seen many Enclaves at all ---

I will call again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my '09 enclave for 2 weeks. I have astonishingly poor reception from my FM stations with lots of static; my other cars' reception is perfectly fine. Waiting to hear back from my dealer on the fix. Any new ideas on this one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts