EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become obsessed with reading about the Enclave on this forum & I thankl you all for the great info. I have never researched a car this much in my life!! Enclave Anynonomous anyone???? (AA) LOL

I am still considering the purchasing a 2008 Enclave CXL, but haven't been able to find the perfect one. The bench seat still stands in my priority list w/ 4 yrold & grandparents that love to sit beside her! I have thought about waiting the LONG 5 months for the 2009s to come out.

My problem w/ the 2008s is no bluetooth. Is there anyone out there who has an iPhone & an Enclave? Have you found anything to add to your 2008 to use your iPhone? I have heard of CIG Blue. Does this affect your gm warranty? Is it going to be worth the wait to get bluetooth?

I have heard that there will be updates to the 2009 navig. also like real-time traffic. Is this in the navig. or through XM? Can anyone verify that?

As far as the other updates on 2009s-cooled seats, & V8 I don't care about those options.

Any opionions would be helpful!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't know where you're getting your "long 5 months" part from, GM will be accepting Enclave factory orders later this month (search the forum for it, I believe it was April 20-something), with 09 deliveries occuring approximately in the July time frame. Hardly 5 months.

·
Registered
171 Posts
jme said:
My problem w/ the 2008s is no bluetooth. Is there anyone out there who has an iPhone & an Enclave? Have you found anything to add to your 2008 to use your iPhone? I have heard of CIG Blue. Does this affect your gm warranty? Is it going to be worth the wait to get bluetooth?

I have heard that there will be updates to the 2009 navig. also like real-time traffic. Is this in the navig. or through XM? Can anyone verify that?
I don't have an iphone but I am going to have cig blue installed after I take delivery. Not really sure how it would affect the warranty other than the power oulet that it's replacing. Someone on here posted that midway through this year, an updated cig blue would be available that would tie in to the nav so that calls and other info would show up on screen, but I've yet to find any further info on that.

Real-time traffic will be through XM NavTraffic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an Iphone and am picking up my 08 Enclave on Friday. It is having a Parrot ck3200 BT unit installed. I will report in a week on how its working. To tell you the truth, many have said on Parrrot forums that there are issues between the iphone and parrot BT. However, it apprears that those issues all came with iphones with versions later than 1.1.3. This may be more info than you need but, I am in Canada and have an unlocked Iphone with version code 1.1.1. So I may or may not have success. The truth is, I am not so concerned because if it doesnt work, it will just be one more thing that I am unhappy with my Iphone for. I will return to my blackberry. I find the Iphone to be deeply flawed in the phone and email and radio (both edge and bluetooth) categories. It is a wonderful interface, internet browser and ipod for sure, but as a phone and email device, it fails to measure up to other devices out there. So we will see, and look for a report from me in about 10 days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a Bluetooth kit in my wife's 08 enclave. No navigation with Bose speakers. Parrot 3200LS, cell-site part #gmcss3a (cellular surround sound harness) and PT3200 pigtail wiring harness, all plug n play, no wires to cut or splice, very simple. Kit and harness $280.00 dollars including shipping. :thumb:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am having the CIG-Blue installed in my Enclave tomorrow.

I have chatted with someone on here (noneb4god) and he said it was great. I have also done a lot of research and it appears to be the cleanest install. I will post more after mine is installed.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I use a blue ant blue tooth for my iPhone in the 'Clave. It works great for my needs, doesn't connect when you get in the car, a button on the Ant needs to be pushed. Stays charged forever and can be removed and placed in a different car.
good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is not a full review just a note to say I picked up my Enclave today. Immediately able to sync my iphone with Parrot system. Call quality was excellent. Mutes my front speakers. No problems at all. Quite happy. I have not explored many features of parrot yet. However, connectivity and sound quality was good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does Parrot work w/ the navigation screen? I am looking something that will work w/ nav screen or driver info to show phone # on screen. I searched for CIG Blue, but I haven't found the one that works w/ nav screen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No Parrot will not work with the nav screen. the 3200 Parrot has its own small screen. It uploads your entire address book to it so you can scroll through all your contacts. But if you want something that uses your nav screen I would look into Tuuke and or Mobridge. I dont know if they do one for Enclave. But I know they do for some European cars.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tellphone 5000vi was being sold by Coastal Tech with their GMX-320 as a video capable BT option. I didn't like the video interface with the Nav. It seemed a bit limited. Nav is used for video display only. In order to manipulate address book, you require a separate (but wireless) scroll mouse.

I opted out of installing the 5000vi (cost me $60 for "restocking") in hopes that the upcoming GM BT option will allow full NAV use.

But I am starting to get antsy...'09s not out till July. Parts probably no sooner (ie OnStar box upgrade)...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!The best bluetooth option in my opinion would be where incoming/outgoing calls show up on the driver info in the dash. This way you wouldn't have to look so low at the nav. Is there anything out there like that?

I'm getting antsy too..waiting to purchase '09...watching the order/update website every day!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Jake - you have some info that us '08ers can upgrade to get the BT option in the '09 model? How much would an OnStar box change be?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I gots no juice. I'm a wanna be BT luva...

But since the BT unit is through the OnStar, it would allow the internal mike/speaker set up work without any additional changes. The problem is where is the memory located that will allow address book download. If in the Nav, then I think a full install would be a new NAV and Onstar box...I'll probably not like the GM cost, but I'm willing to wait for the choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
JME,

I was like you about 5 months ago, in love with the Enclave. Then I wanted to wanted to be even more sure, so I took a 3rd test drive. It was then that the romance ended...

This is my honest opinion: it rides like a huge tugboat... the acceleration was really delayed and I felt like it cornered like a limousine. I admit the interior on the CXL was immaculate but it felt like a small apartment- this vehicle is WIDE. I also didnt like that I had to buy the navigation system just to get the backup camera. That is after reading a review that complains of the view out of the back window and the suggested remedy is to buy the very expensive navigation system for the backup camera.

After 2 more months of research, I looked at the rest of the vehicles in the crossover section. I found that the new Murano LE model was right for me. I cannot speak for you because maybe you like the 3rd row in the Enclave. But for me this vehicle finally gives me all of the technology I need and comfort, convenience and was rated in USA today as the safest vehicle on the market. I purchased the Black Murano LE model that comes with BLUETOOTH, backup camera(navigation not required), IPHONE Integration- this was the cool part, it shows all of my songs and podcasts on the information screen and it sounds AWESOME on the Bose System, Leather, heated seats- front and back, DUAL MOON ROOFS, power lift gate, better gas mileage than the Enclave 18city 23hwy, 20" rims standard, the intelligent key- all i need is it to be in my pocket and push the START button, I never have to take my key out ever, the car unlocks when i get near it!!

The best part is I paid $9,054 LESS than the Enclave!! This vehicle is comparably equipped to the Enclave. The only thing that the Enclave had was the Navi and I only got that included with the price quote because of the backup camera. My Enclave was $35,000 before tax tags and title($200 below invoice). The Enclave CXL with entertainment package #4 was $44,054 before tax, tag and title...

I also felt better knowing the Murano has been out since 2003 and the Enclave was a new unit with no history on reliability. I dont want to burst your bubble if you are in love with the Enclave, go with what you feel. I made the mistake of putting down a downpayment with a Buick dealer and having to fight to get it all back (he still has $500 of my deposit- what a jerk!)

Good luck to you!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Most of us on the forum still like the Enclave, but as I've stated many times, I appreciate all opinions. Thanks for sharing yours, speedo23.

BB

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Murano looks a lot like a small Enclave and has only a 1-2 mpg advantage.

Yes, the Enclave is very wide and large. The ride and handling are excellent, though, and not at all like a boat, IMO. You should try a 1980's Lincoln Town Car for boat-like ride and handling!

I don't know what would be better than a Murano for comfort or convenience, but certainly there should be something with better fuel economy available and just as many tech amenities!?

Regards,

TM

·
Registered
15 Posts
I certainly don't want to offend anyone. I do realize that most everyone here is crazy over there Murano! But maybe someone reading this forum, like I once did, is looking to buy a new SUV and would like to hear solid opinions about other cars that are available. This kind of purchase is not only expensive, but also can be very long term(4-5 years). I apologize if I offended anyone, I hope you love your purchase and be safe driving out there!

Regards...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Speedo, I dont think you need to apologize about anything. You said nothing offensive and noted your opinion which is welcome regardless of whether or not it is shared by the majority here. My personal opinion is that the Murano, while nice is not in the same category of vehicle as Enclave. For some reason, teh Enclave is thrown into the "crossover" category with things like the Mazda and the Murano and others. I think they need to create a "super crossover" category. THe Enclave and other GM of the same platform, the R series Mercedes, Audi Q9 are all much bigger vehicles thatn the Mazda, and to tell you the trutn I am surprised to see them cross shopped. For my purposes, I needed the space of a minivan, or close to it, but a better and more stylish ride. IN any case, you are certain to find more Enclave fans here, doesnt mean we wear blinders though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
A car is not just a name, but it IS the name...I couldn't buy a Murano if it was given to me. I think the name is as bad as a Nova in Mexico...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts