EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, the 2010 runs well now but the **** trans (104k) slips bad from 2-3 shift . The tach will go up 1200 rpms and drop down. I dont know if it is the wave plate or the valve body? I really would like to test out a new valve body kit what you guys think?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Id guess its the discs in your tehcm have ruptured, I have a 15 (gen2 trans) with the exact same symptoms. I ordered the sonnex disc kit but didn't realize I have the revised tehcm that doesn't use the discs. I'm thinking of replacing my valve body and or the tehcm. What did you learn?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you using a scanner that will read the TCM? Most inexpensive code readers only read the ECM and not other systems such as ABS, SRS, Body system etc. Although some codes will affect the power train and show up as "P" codes in the ECM. If in fact the valve body is faulty, I would find it hard to believe that nothing is showing up in the TCM. I would get a professional's opinion on this before I start throwing parts at it. A good, reliable transmission shop should be able to give you an idea with a road test and TCM code read. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts