EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Enclave last Saturday (2/23) and was told by the saleman it would be between three and three and an half months for it to arrive. I am surprised it is that long considering most of what I have read here is less than that.

My question is: How true were the timeframe estimates you received?

Also, when should I call the dealership to get my first status code?!

Can you tell I am impatient?! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Finally, I salesman telling the truth! I've always thought they should be more honest, and if it arrived before that time frame, Gee, what a pleasant surprise.

Mine was 10 weeks, last October.
[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Obviously a lot depends on allocation, that and OR is not as close to Lansing. Call your dealer each week if you'd like, find out which day is best to call. At least they will know you are serious and following the process. It will also make it easier to ask other questions down the line if you should need to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
It is really allocation. If this is a small dealer with only a few allocations per month and has some on order ahead of yours, it could truely be that long. I ordered from a small dealer and it was 3 1/2 months wait for me. It has a lot less to do with the transportation time. So it takes an extra day or two to get to Oregon it is not it will take 2 weeks. I live in upstate NY and it was at the dealer within days of the build time. Allocation, allocation, allocation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Yes, as said, the biggest factor is allocation...did they have an open allocation spot when they placed your order (i.e. it would be accepted almost immediately into the system, and scheduled)? Having quoted you the length they did, they MIGHT have to wait for their next allocation or two to open...but only you and they would know that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
badney said:
I ordered my Enclave last Saturday (2/23) and was told by the saleman it would be between three and three and an half months for it to arrive. I am surprised it is that long considering most of what I have read here is less than that.

My question is: How true were the timeframe estimates you received?

Also, when should I call the dealership to get my first status code?!

Can you tell I am impatient?! ;D
No impatient people here ;) Glad you're getting an '09. Better motor. Sales guys estimate seems about right. Options greatly effect time. Plan long, hope short, in this instance :thumb: Good luck!

Bsox ever take the Palisades or NYS Thruway around Rockland Cty?? I visited my oldest daughter and saw a White Diamond go past, other side, about 10 days ago. I know it was White D as it had the light colored bottom trim. Driver looked Freakish! ;) My White Opal has dark charcoal bottom trim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
... Glad you're getting an '09. Better motor. Sales guys estimate seems about right. Options greatly effect time.
Sorry, but badney will not get an '09 model. All orders taken before April will be for the '08 and built before the changeover.
At this stage, a wait longer than 10 weeks has to be for an allocation and/or WDT paint.

See the related "Dealer Allocations" thread: http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2431.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Nope wasn't me, besides you would have described me as more freakishly handsome had it been me :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
bsox said:
Nope wasn't me, besides you would have described me as more freakishly handsome had it been me :thumb:
Maybe the wife might've ;) :D Me? Other team kinda guy :D

I am doing the trip once a week now. Keep an eye out. I'm the Freakishly good driver :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
A friend is ordering an Enclave next week, and he was told 4-6 weeks. They have 5 on the lot, where they had none when I ordered mine in July.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top