• 70's and over

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, as lots of the press I have been reading says this is Buick's toughest hurdle. My husband is 37 and I am 42 with two kids under 5, so we feel young :thumb:

Don't know whether this poll has been done before, but I thought is was an intersting one ;)

Lisa

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Me 50
Wife 50 (primary driver)

(We purchased our first new Buick at age 28)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine should be in "soon" according to the dealer (no doubt not giving a date so as not to encourage optimism), my age 50, wife 44.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm 57, but the younger guys I work with all think my new Enclave is a beauty. In fact, most of them were astonished Buick is building such a cool vehicle! I definitely think Buick is about to turn a corner in their evolution as a car maker. Happy Friday to all! :cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am 29 and my wife, who will be the primary driver, is 28. I really liked this vehicle but found it very hard say yes to it simply because it's a Buick. Also because the CUV is so new and people don't know what it is, when people ask me at work what CUV I ordered, and I say Buick, their response is "that's nice" , when in reality their looks say "you're kidding right?" I don't care; I really think it's a great CUV!!!! Can't wait to get mine and show it off! :blob:

·
Registered
61 Posts
31 with one on order. I hate telling people what I ordered because I know they'll laugh at me. ::) It takes guts to buy a Buick. Most people are so caught up with their ego that they wouldn't be seen dead in a Buick. :eek:hno: Oh well, I'll be cruising beautiful before long!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'm 32 and don't worry BuicksRbetter. They shut up quick once they see it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
42.5 and i cant wait to get my BUICK hehehehehehehe

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I am 35 and my wife is 32, she is the primary driver. In either case it is driven by at least 50 year younger person than an average buick driver ;D

My neighbors think it is an awesome looking truck and it doesnt matter what brand it is, it is way too cool looking than anything else on the road. On top you don't see many on the roads.

In almost one month of ownership the age didnt even came close remotely into my mind.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
BuicksRbetter said:
31 with one on order. I hate telling people what I ordered because I know they'll laugh at me. ::) It takes guts to buy a Buick. Most people are so caught up with their ego that they wouldn't be seen dead in a Buick. :eek:hno: Oh well, I'll be cruising beautiful before long!
do you live in hollywood?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I am 37 and wife (primary) is 36. The hardest reason for me waiting on our Enclave is to see the reactions on the faces of people in my family. My brother who just got a new BMW X5, kinda shrugged when I told him we were ordering a Buick and said "Well for about $10K more, you could get an X5 with "the 7 seat option!" NO THANKS, any vehicle that lists a "7 seat option" like it is an afterthought, could in NO WAY compete with the roomy Enclave. My nephew-in-law and niece (in their 20s) gave us the same "ho-hum" reaction, then asked: "Haven't you seen the new Hyundai VeraCruz? It is REALLY an advanced car and starting to really compete technologically with the Japanese cars!" I had to try hard to contain my reaction because I think the Veracruz is U-G-L-Y and certainly light years behind BUICK! I cannot wait to prove them ALL wrong!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 33 and my wife is 31, with 2 children (3 and 5). Never thought I'd own a Buick. I too can't wait till mine comes in and to see the look on the faces of those I told I was buying a Buick. Ordered ours July 17th and not expecting it any time soon.

·
Registered
221 Posts
OK youngsters, I'm going to have to admit to being much older. I'm 61 and my wife is not yet 58. She is the primary driver. Of course she looks much younger and good lookin' too so does that count for something?

Me, I drive that other Buick sometimes, along with the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm 32 (primary) and my husband is 34. When we started our research, I completely fell in love with the Enclave from the first time I saw it on the web. It took some convincing to even get my husband to LOOK at a Buick. Once he saw and drove it, he fully agreed that this was the car for us.

I've gotten MANY "Oh.. ok...." responses when I tell people that my new car is a Buick. But everyone who has seen it says, "WHAT IS THAT?!?!" A girl that I work with told me that she's been raving about it to all her neighbors. Glad I got mine now before the word really spreads!!

I work with a lot of sales VPs and all of them knew about the Enclave because of watching golf. I get the "That's the one that Tiger drives, right?"

Has anyone seen any Enclave commercials other than during golf coverage??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here's to us ThirtySomething's :cheers:

(My husband and I are 36)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 42 and my wife is 39 (driver of the Enclave). We ordered on Aug 2nd and am keeping our fingers crossed on delivery asap.

BTW-I have gotten many reactions after telling people what we ordered--mostly negative. However, we were in a parking lot recently with several people and lo and behold an Enclave was parked there. There was stunned silence. People were shocked at the size, beauty and symetry. My wife and I talked about it for 1/2 hour afterwards. It is a beautiful vehicle.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts