EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not exaggerating when I say that my Enclave is so silent when it's running, that several times I have begun to walk away from it thinking that the ignition was off when in fact the engine was running. Unless the environment is absolutely silent -- and how often does that happen? -- I cannot hear or feel my Enclave's engine running at idle, from either inside or outside the car.

I cannot tell you how stupid I felt the other day when I walked around the back of my Enclave at the gas pump, not realizing I had left the engine running, and wondered why steam was gently wafting from the dual exhausts (it was below freezing out). It wasn't until I got back into the driver's seat and tried to start the car that I realized it was running!!! And no, my hearing is perfect and I'm not that senile yet!!

Oh, I'm not complaining. In fact I think it's amazing. Imagine not being able to tell if the engine is on without looking to see if the dashboard display is on!

Big Smooth Larry
[/color] :beer:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I picked mine up last week adn we are having a cold snap.(-6F this morning) I used my autostart for the first time this morning. When I got in the fan was blowing and when I put the key in and it reverted to the normal heat settings, I thought that I accidentally shut it off. I didn't know that it was running until I looked at the tach.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Me too, I found it disconcerting at first. Thankfully the engine doesn't gun when I turn the key in an already-on engine ;D

I like the remote start from inside the house but it's so quiet, I have to go out and listen to see if it's actually started! Defeats the purpose a little, doesn't it?!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
butterscotch said:
Me too, I found it disconcerting at first. Thankfully the engine doesn't gun when I turn the key in an already-on engine ;D

I like the remote start from inside the house but it's so quiet, I have to go out and listen to see if it's actually started! Defeats the purpose a little, doesn't it?!
There are yellow lights on the side of the headlights that turn on when you remote start it, that is if the front of the vehicle is where you can see it.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
PAPoPo said:
I agree bsox dont the white running lights come on in the front also?
Yes I am pretty sure that they do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bsox said:
There are yellow lights on the side of the headlights that turn on when you remote start it, that is if the front of the vehicle is where you can see it.
It's not where I can see it, but that's a great excuse for my wonky parking. "I was trying to angle it so I can see the yellow lights dear!" :thumb:

Thanks bsox :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts