EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Enclave on 2 August, on 23 August I got a service engine soon light. I was towing my boat up to the lake and when I pulled away from a stoplight the Enclave had a very difficult time pulling away from the light. It eventually got up to speed, but it would not shift into an appropriate gear and I could not engage cruise control. That is when I looked down and noted a light on I did not recognize. We looked up the light and it was the dreaded service engine soon light.

Well, my day at the lake was ruined so I turned around to limp the boat back to storage and the car to the dealership. Dealership took the car on the 23rd but didn't get a chance to diagnose it until the 24th. Turns out there is a bad sensor inside the transmission. Of course their transmission guy doesn't work weekends so they can't begin work on it until Monday. I'm on friggin' vacation and want to go boating, and they have my car 4 days before they even start trying to fix the problem.

Then there's the GM loaner car deal. What a bunch of BS. GM will pay for a rental car for you of "similar quality" to your vehicle at a whopping $42 a day or less PLUS that vehicle must be a GM vehicle. Try and find a rental company that carries a GM vehicle for $42 a day anywhere near the level of a fully equipped Enclave, I dare you. You basically settle for whatever POS they have on the lot at the time, for us a crappy Uplander. God I hate this rental -- ugly, no power, and the AC doesn't keep the car cool.

Thanks GM. I spent nearly $40k on a "luxury" vehicle and I'm treated like I bought a blow-up pool at Wal-mart when something goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't think you will find any dealers service people who are qualified to work on transmissions, US or foreign, working on weekends.
I know it is no consolation, but my friends Lexus RX spent 2 weeks of the first month he owned it in the shop for transmission ailments.
The Enclave is really a great vehicle. Let's hope you get back on the road soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I found out how to send Buick an official complaint -- don't go GM, go directly to Buick...

http://www.buick.com/helpcenter/index.jsp?tabName=ContactUs

I understand cars break down, even new ones. I can accept that.
I understand that the highly qualified technicians get weekends off. I can accept that.

Once that happens that happens though, I need to be given white glove treatment. This is Buick's top of the line vehicle, mine stickered at over $40k. I should get a comparable vehicle off the lot -- another Enclave or Acadia, a Tahoe or Yukon, or at a minimum a Trailblazer or Envoy.

I'm on friggin vacation just so I can go boating. How the heck am I going to tow my boat up to the lake with an Uplander from Enterprise rental that doesn't even have a hitch? If Buick wants to sell upscale vehicles, then they need upscale customer service.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Re: Yea, but...

GoTerps said:
I bet the Lexus dealer provider the RX owner with a loaner right off the lot.
Yes they did but it was not comparable, IS300, I think (small sedan). It was probably a salesman's demo.

R

·
0 Posts
it sounds like your engine was operating at reduced power, my yukon (this has never happend, knock on wood) will tell you about any thing that migh be wrong, from a loose gas cap to loss of gears, to reducing power, and even warning me of low oil and washer fluid. does the enclave have that system?

R

·
0 Posts
i think the buick dealer is just not a good dealer, heres why.

i bought my 1999 suburban in 2003 from a used car lot, when it had a problem about 2 years later (not big just needed a fuse), i didnt want to go anyware but a gm dealer, so i went and they said it would be two days because of how backed up they are, i said ok i can come back they said no just leave it you can use this one, and let me drive a fully loaded 05 suburban, it was great and charged me only for the fuse, and i didn't even buy from them, so i always buy fro that dealer now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My experience with GM / Buick / Dealers is that they do not know how or are unwilling to provide excellent customer service that is any where near Lexus and Acura levels. The courtesy transportation program and loaner/rental car program is a joke and GM / Buick should be thoroughly embarrassed. With the poor customer service GM / Buick provide, it will be VERY easy to leave the GM fold once the other manufatures match the Enclave's packaging - and they will.

Very sorry to hear about the transmission issue and hope they get it resolved. Even though Buick Customer Care is completely worthless, I would encourage you to call them and open a case number to at least log this case and your displeasure.

R

·
0 Posts
dfc101a said:
My experience with GM / Buick / Dealers is that they do not know how or are unwilling to provide excellent customer service that is any where near Lexus and Acura levels. The courtesy transportation program and loaner/rental car program is a joke and GM / Buick should be thoroughly embarrassed. With the poor customer service GM / Buick provide, it will be VERY easy to leave the GM fold once the other manufatures match the Enclave's packaging - and they will.

Very sorry to hear about the transmission issue and hope they get it resolved. Even though Buick Customer Care is completely worthless, I would encourage you to call them and open a case number to at least log this case and your displeasure.

i personally think it depends on the dealers in your area, the ones here couldn't be more helpful to me they are also very curtious and kind. Always get the job done right the first time and they give me a loner car right off their lot for me to drive.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You do have to understand that any loaner car is one they won't be selling as a new car. It is either a trade-in, our a sales demo.

With Enclaves in such short supply, how many dealers do you think are getting them as trade-ins or buying them for sales demos? The closest would be a Yukon.

R

·
0 Posts
osli said:
You do have to understand that any loaner car is one they won't be selling as a new car. It is either a trade-in, our a sales demo.

With Enclaves in such short supply, how many dealers do you think are getting them as trade-ins or buying them for sales demos? The closest would be a Yukon.
when i had a lonar suburban it had 6 miles on it, but i think your right im not going to get another enclave when i having mine serviced, but i dont care i think it would be nice to drive somthing else for a little bit.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You might have been the first to drive the loaner, but they can't (shouldn't!) turn around and sell it with a couple of hundred miles on it as a new vehicle.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have to agree that the dealer is everything. I presently have a '05 Terazza (I'm waiting for my Enclave...maybe in 2 weeks) and the dealer who has always serviced it is not the dealer I purchased it from. I'm in Brooklyn, NY, and this dealer has always gotten me a car from Enterprise, at no expense to me. True, it has always been a GM vehicle, but if a GM vehicle isn't available, they will give me another brand with no problem. I know a lot of dealers will try to get away with anything they can...just find a good dealer...there's plenty of them. By the way, he has never given me a car off the lot because he says he doesn't want me driving a used car that he knows I probably wouldn't be happy with, even for a day or 2. No, he didn't have a demo like the Terazza.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
osli said:
True, but GM is selling hundreds of them to the rental companies. GM needs to make a deal with those rental companies to have them available when it's clients need them.

Some foreign brand dealers here normally lend higher models than the one your are driving to attrack you towards the next level, while in the case above you can't even get what you have.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the dealership the one you bought from? I would have insisted on their nicest used Tahoe or Suburban. Did you ask for something off their lot? I'm a lake guy too and would have been :angryfire: if that happened to me. I'd call the dealership and insist on a loaner or at the very least pay the difference for a vehicle you can tow with. Have a :beer: and call them. :cheers:

R

·
0 Posts
no they just gave me one, i had a 99 suburban that i bought off a used car lot and serviced it at hall auto and they gave me an 05, i bought an 06 from them, i get oil changed they give me 07 sierra denali, so i bought a sierra denali, and now they treat me like royalty, plus i know the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update

First to answer what shouldn't be an important question but tends to matter anyway: my servicing dealer was not the selling dealer. When I went to buy my vehicle a tow package was non-negotiable, and the only dealer that had vehicles on the lot with the tow package was about 50 miles away. I'll drive 50 miles to get the vehicle I want, but I'm not going to service the vehicle there. The dealer I serviced my vehicle at has a huge web page dedicated to their top of the line customer service in the repair department. The vehicle is a Buick, I should be treated by any Buick dealership as if I bought from them, period.

I got a call from the dealership today that my part had arrived. In the week or so I've been driving the vehicle since they gave it back to me, the original problem has not resurfaced. I am not happy with the vehicle as far as towing goes; however, that is a different subject which I'll make it's own thread.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: Yea, but...

GoTerps said:
I bet the Lexus dealer provider the RX owner with a loaner right off the lot.
As a Lexus owner, I can tell you that they will provide you with either an RX, ES or IS series.

Not bad considering they do it free, but when I bought my LS I made them do a contract change that I would get an LS to drive when mine was in the shop. These are my 7th & 8th Lexus vehicles from the same dealer, so I decided to push it a litttle, and won.

I have made my dealer where I bought these Enclaves do the same. If one of ours is in the shop, they give us either an equivalent Acadia or Enclave. Again, buying 2 at once made me push for extra perks.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Cowboy, how do they do that if they have none on the lot? The enclave or Acadia arent fleet vehicles to the best of my knowledge. Why would the dealership eat the costs of a rental when it is very clear they will provide a loaner but it doesnt state equivalent to the vehicle you bought. Id like to see it in writing because Id use it for my next vehicle. Can you post the agreement?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, again, this my Lexus. As far as the Enclave being in the shop, I really would not expect another Enclave.

I have mellowed out, so to speak, since I bought the LS from Lexus. All I really care about is that if the car is in the shop, get me something to drive that is nice and will hold my aunt's wheelchair. As long as she is happy it's all good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts