EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the next two weeks, we are planning on ordering a CXL, FWD, white diamond, seven passenger, drivers confidence pkg., sunroof/skylight with chrome pkg. combo, ent. pkg. #3. After some delay, dealers are finally giving me an internet quote for the vehicle. I am looking for some input as to whether the following is a decent offer or not (remember that this does not include taxes, title and registration) Thanks for the help.

Quote from one dealer:
Enclave CXL FWD ORDER white diamond seven passenger, skylight/sunroof,drivers confidence pkg,ent.pkg #3 and titanium leather MSRP $40,580 EPRICE $37903.13 it has ben taking about 8 weeks will order with $500 deposit

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
sounds good to me, but idk if it really is!

·
Registered
249 Posts
What you need is to look at the invoice and the MSRP. If your price is lower than MSRP, that's good. If it's closer to the invoice it's even better. You'll find out that the dealer can't mess with the invoice and the MSRP numbers. They don't have to go lower than MSRP. What they'll mess with is adding all that extra fee, not honoring rebates and discounts, and pressuring you to buy more more extras like exterior protection.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That looks like a very fair price given the color and the high demand of the Enclave at the present time. I"m only just estimating the invoice price, but it appears to be about $200 over invoice which would be a fair price in my opinion. Check Edmunds.com for a better estimate of the invoice price. Make sure you ask the dealer about other fees. If he is a good Small Town, USA dealer, there will not be any. But that is unusual.

Now here is an approach I would suggest and the one I was planning try before the Enclave I was expecting to order fell right in my lap, all be it at a premium price. Don't know how likely it is to work? What do others think?

Tell the dealer you will put down the deposit when the order is 'Accepted by GM', or the event code is equal to 2000 or greater. That's only fair. From that point on, the 8 week estimate is a good one. But given the production of White Diamond vehicles is limited by the LDT plant paint shop capacity and Enclave orders in general exceed supply, it may be some time before this particular dealer will get an allocation (the opportunity to have a White Diamond order Accepted by GM) for a White Diamond vehicle.

Try to place a no deposit order at this price or close to it with as many dealers as you can find that will agree to this arrangement at a fair price. Have the dealers call when your order is accepted. A that point pay the deposit to the first dealer that comes through with an Accepted by GM order. Have the dealer show you a VOMS print out with your order 'Accepted by GM' just to be sure. After that, cancel your orders waiting for Acceptance with the other dealers and mark your calendar. You'll probably have your new Enclave in 8 to 10 weeks.

If you look at the Event History documents in my gallery, you will notice it was exactly 8 weeks from the date the order was Accepted by GM to the date the vehicle was Produced. It was also a White Diamond Vehicle. Add to that shipping time, 10 days in this case and you are driving your new Enclave home. Who knows how long this dealer waited for the opportunity to have an order like this accepted.

I never did get around to trying this. I don't know if many (Any???) dealers will sit on an order waiting for an allocation without a deposit, but it is worth a try. 8 weeks is right on from the point of an Accepted order to Production, but you may have to wait months to get any one particular order Accepted by GM. That is the uncertainty and wait time you need to find a way to manage as carefully as you can.

Hope this helps. Good luck. Let us know if any dealers are willing to work with you in this manner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts