EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
thats it and it is gorgeous :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: thanks for finding this for us..... i have it as my desktop background now.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've seen that picture before as it was posted on AcadiaForum a long time ago. However, I don't think it is crimson. It looks like a Red Jewel to me with a different tint due to lighting & the camera.

I think this because that picture has been up for months (although I guess it could've been a special early test of the color).
However, If you look at the lower cladding it is grey just like the Red Jewel but I thought the Crimson's lower cladding is supposed to be a more reddish "dark blossom" color.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
our eyes are definitely seeing different things... cause i do not see any gray clading nor do i see this as being red jewel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't see a reddish tint in the lower cladding at all. It looks like the dark grey that comes with the Red Jewel to me.

Also, to me that color doesn't look like the color shown

Here:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1756.0

or Here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2008-GMC-Acadia-SLE-Hard-to-find-color-and-vehicle_W0QQitemZ110151525624QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6251QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Both of which are believed to be the Crimson color.

Lastly, that picture was posted months ago on the Acadiaforum:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1072.0

Unless they did a special test run on that color long before it was officially released, I don't see how that could be Crimson. In the acadia forum thread, several people also point out that they don't think it is crimson as well. I think it's a Red Jewel that is being tinted by the lighting and the camera.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks to JACKIEMD, this is a real picture of dark crimson:

The 1st pic in this thread is red jewel with an odd exposure - there is no Enclave color that looks like the 1st picture in this thread. If you look at the faces of the people around the enclave, they are definitely hot or red tinted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
the g8's v8
Not to highjack the thread, but when will GM start producing something that doesn't look like a Grand Am on steroids. The GTO was a huge disappointment for GM fans and the G8 just looks like a GTO with 4 doors. When it comes to muscle in a car I choose Ford, notice my signature.

Now about Red Jewel vs. Crimson, why is there such a disconnect. The acadia looks really purple in crimson, which to me is not crimson, it's purple, but on the Buick website the dark crimson just looks like a darker red jewel, surely there are some pictures of these two side by side somewhere.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here is a link to some information about the color Crimson. I tend to think of Crimson as a color of red, but that may be because I'm a Sooner. If you scroll down you'll see many Universities have the color of Crimson which tend to have a different shades of Crimson. Harvard tends to have the purpleish color, where as OU and Alabama have the redish color. Also at the very botton there is a color palate, the one labeled Crimson looks like what GM calls Red Jewel.

This would definitly be a hard color to order without seeing it on the car first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is a picture of a Garnet Saturn Outlook.
I beleive someone said Garnet and Crimson are the same color.
Click on the pic to enlarge.
Key1

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Great picture! Shows the color perfectly! It definitely should be called black cherry not dark crimson, it's the exact color of black cherry soda!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
*Enclave* said:
Great picture! Shows the color perfectly! It definitely should be called black cherry not dark crimson, it's the exact color of black cherry soda!!!!
I agree. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I'd say that is very close looking to the Acadia I saw. The one thing to note is that color looks almost black in the shade. The sunlight effects the appearance considerably.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is correct. It does look black at night.....and like black a little dirt is really noticable..... but it looks great when it is clean.
Key1

·
Registered
225 Posts
I went out on a lot once at high noon to find the "dark crimson" Lambda supposed to be there, and couldn't find it. Turned out to be the "black" one I had passed by. I would describe it as a deep plum, best appreciated on a day with no direct sunlight.

See bsox comment below. Yes, exactly the color of a dark Montmorency tart cherry from the Rocky Top drumlin of Northwestern Lower Michigan, if you can picture that :).

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have a blackcherry mica paint on my RX8. It is a beautiful, very deep color, that does look black in some lights and deep cherry in others. I assume it would be similar, although the mica really has a lot of metal flakes, not sure of the enclave, from the pics it does look very similar to the dark crimson. It is very hard to keep clean and shows all buff lines etc. Looks great when you are done waxing, not so great dirty. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've been leaning towards the Coca, however being a Sooner, I am thinking I want the Crimson if it is the darker one. Heck, it's nearly the same color as Bob Stoops 7 series BMW, lol....I'm liking the Crimson with a lighter interior I think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts