EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you know that I have a friend that's been trying to order/own a WDT - only to find out that they are no longer taking orders as of 10/01. Well, on Friday, they went to drive 2 1/2 hours from lovely Camarillo, CA to go and purchase a WDT. They had been quoted $1400 off MSRP (INCL Conquest Rebate). On their drive out - about 1 1/12 hours out, they received a call from this dealership that the manager would not honor this price and that they were not dealing on the WDT. :angryfire: In addition, if they were still wanting to purchase it, it would cost them $8000 over invoice - this is not a typo. :mad:
Of course, they said "NO." They called around and found other dealers doing THE EXACT SAME THING!! I mean, it's a great color, but let's get real! :phone: :police: :bs:

Anyways, they did eventually find a WDT - got $1500 off MSRP - but, they gave up some options - Chrome pkg. (incl. rims), sunroofs, Ent. pkg. #4 (car had #3) and no sunroofs. It also came with the AWD - they wanted the FWD.

In the end, they are very happy ;D with their car, just kind of a strange story, huh? ???

....AND she got hers before I got MINE!!!!!!!!! :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Some dealers are just too greedy. Fortunately, that is the exception, not the norm.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
8000!!!. They should call GM and report the dealer, thats ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color] There may not be any rules against it, but it certainly is unethical. :angryfire:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bsox said:
8000!!!. They should call GM and report the dealer, thats ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color] There may not be any rules against it, but it certainly is unethical. :angryfire:
Apparently it's happening all over SoCal.......stupid dealers! :mad:

·
Registered
80 Posts
As far as I know there are no rules that state a dealer must sell vehicles at sticker or below. I recall when the Viper, Ford GT, Chrysler PT Cruiser first came out, all of those vehicles were selling well over their listed sticker price. It is just a matter of supply and demand.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I drove by a WDT in a dealer lot the other day, unfortunatley I am about as far away from you as possible in Update NY. The dealer was in a small town called Cobleskill.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
jerlem1 said:
As far as I know there are no rules that state a dealer must sell vehicles at sticker or below. I recall when the Viper, Ford GT, Chrysler PT Cruiser first came out, all of those vehicles were selling well over their listed sticker price. It is just a matter of supply and demand.
Right, until it gets to a certain point, like 8000 over then its just grand larcency. :angryfire:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whatever the market allows...............stupid dealers! :angryfire: It's okay, at least she has one now and she's happy! :thumb:

G

·
jerlem1 said:
when the c6 came out we went to go get one and they said we are only allowed one per dealer this one is 9000 over msrp- no joke, so we waited A YEAR, and though ok maybe the 06's are not as rare, went to a different dealer, he said 5000 over msrp, nope, not buying. waited for the 07's to come out i think we bought it last september, when the 07's started to come out and found that all the dealers in a high population were selling at super high prices, we went to a dealer in a town with 6000 people and got it for 5000 UNDER INVOICE, this is a guy we never met before eather, my dads friend couldnt give it to us for that price with out loosing too much money, but the little dealer had 8 of them on his lot so it worked out great.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's kind of like payng $3000 for a Tickle Me Elmo! I wonder how it feels to pay so much more for something just because you 'want it now' after the hype?????? Must suck!!! ??? ???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try doing a vehicle search using the Ellensburg, WA zip code (sorry I don't have it). University Auto has a WDT. I did not buy my Enclave from them but they were giving discounts below MSRP. I talked with Dale Jurgens and he certainly appeared on the up-n-up. Fly up to WA state and enjoy the drive back. Their 800 number is 800-735-2886. Again, I didn't buy from them; I bought from Bellevue GMC/Buick/Pontiac (Desiree) and got a good deal and wonderful care.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks - she bought one last Friday! :thumb:

·
Registered
120 Posts
that's crazy. Platinum ice tricoat is available on the buick website now. I like the WDT and can't wait to get mine (being built this week), but I'm sure that the PIT is comprable.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nickyd said:
that's crazy. Platinum ice tricoat is available on the buick website now. I like the WDT and can't wait to get mine (being built this week), but I'm sure that the PIT is comprable.
personally, I prefer the Platinum undercoat to the Goldmist........problem is, they weren't producing those until January.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts