EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this post may give some of you a heart attack about the thought of defacing an Enclave but I need to ask anyway. I just sat in the third row for 3 hours going around town, giving the pleasure of driving to my husband and letting my mother in law sit in front. I have two car seats in the second row and a booster in the third row. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the second row captain chair armrests. That would give roughly 5-6 inches of leg room moving to the third row. I didn't realize how tight and uncomfortable it is to sit back there. I will have the car seats in there for atleast the next three years so I have no real need for the armrests but would like to be able to put them back when I go to sell. Any thoughts? Also, one thing I hate about the back seats is the latch cover. It sticks out and I'm sure they are going to be ripped off with the third row passengers going in and out. I wish that it had a hinge to pop up instead of hanging straight out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I haven't tried this, but...at the pivot-point of the arm is a plastic cap. I think that if you carefully remove this cap there may be a bolt, or screw, there that would allow you to remove the arm...and replace it later (unless you're like me, and you won't remember where you put the darn thing).

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you find out, please post. It would also be useful for long trips with the seats folded, since it would be easier to "fill the hole" without the arms. (One useful function of the 2nd row console).

·
Registered
344 Posts
My thought is, how often are you going to be going on LONG trips with an adult sitting in that third row? And how comfortable is it going to be for the person sitting in the 2nd row to not have armrests? I'm thinking it will be more often that you have an adult in the second row wishing they could rest their arm on something than to have an adult in the 3rd row wishing that they had a little more leg room.

The kids will be out of those boosters soon enough and likely sitting in the third row rather than adults. So unless you can re-attach the arm rests later, then I would advise to leave them alone. I know I would hate not having an arm rest!!

Just my two cents worth!! ;D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hold on just a second -- you sat in the third row and put your mother in law up front with your husband? I'd like to hear HIS side of that story. I'll bet the armrests weren't his main concern!! :eek:

Big Larry
[/color]

G

·
o man i would hate that, GEORGE YOUR DRIVING TO FAST, GEORGE YOU GOING TO GET US IN AN ACCIDENT AND GET US KILLED, GEORGE YOUR RUNNING LOW ON GAS, GEORGE YOU SHOULD WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT, GEORGE YOU SHOULD LET THAT GUY IN, GEORGE WHY DID YOU SPEND YOUR SONS COLLEGE FUND ON THIS, GEORGE DONT STICK YOUR MIDDLE FINGER OUT AT PEOPLE YOUR SETTING A BAD EXAMPLE FOR OTHER DRIVERS, GEORGE I CANT BELIVE MY SWEET DAUGHTER MARRIED YOU , GEORGE WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT GUN IN YOUR MOUTH. :help:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was his mom in the front seat not mine. I wouldn't have a 60 year old climbing through to the back. I guess it's a respect thing on our side.

Regarding the second row seats, the kids will be in the car seats minimum of three more years. I also car pool daily so I have a booster seat and a regular seat in the third row so the third row is used every day. I will probably trade this Enclave in three or four years from now so I really see the armrests having no use for us other than a hinderance. I'm going to stop by a service department and see what they can do.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My best guess would be that it is held on with a bolt and nut and would require taking the cover off to get to. Not a big deal if that is the case. That would be more secure than just a big screw holding it on. My I inquire as to why you didn't buy a bus? Just kidding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts