EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I overheard a conversation between my wife and a woman loading groceries in her van next to us. "That is a beautiful car. What is it? My wife was getting in on her side and I was loading a bag in the back door on the driver's side. I couldn't wait to hear what she said. I watched as she struggled to answer the question. She kind of looked at me, for help and I just waited. "An Envoy?, no, Escalade?. I dont know. It's a Buick I think." We got in and she looked at me and said " tell me again". I just shook my head and turned up the radio. I've only had the car since December 31st. Welcome to my world.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
ksenclave said:
Yesterday, I overheard a conversation between my wife and a woman loading groceries in her van next to us. "That is a beautiful car. What is it? My wife was getting in on her side and I was loading a bag in the back door on the driver's side. I couldn't wait to hear what she said. I watched as she struggled to answer the question. She kind of looked at me, for help and I just waited. "An Envoy?, no, Escalade?. I dont know. It's a Buick I think." We got in and she looked at me and said " tell me again". I just shook my head and turned up the radio. I've only had the car since December 31st. Welcome to my world.
Ouch that hurts. I hope there is a lot of love in the relationship because that may be legal grounds in the future ;D

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
BEWARE! There is clear evidence that SO, DH, DW, GF and BF "related" to posters here have their own handles and read and write here themselves. Just a word to the wise! ;D
That's OK there is no justification to not knowing the name of the luxury vehicle that you have been riding around in since Dec. no matter how you try to bend it. To quote a friend of mine (again), "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Oh and one more thing, in this particular case, if she doesn't remember the name of the vehicle, I don't think she frequents this forum ;D :thumb:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think waxing her lower cladding might do the trick; it has apparently worked for others! :thumb:

BB

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been receiving similar comments and when I tell them that its an Enclave they all go "OH so thats the Enclave" I never saw it in person and never in any color but Cocoa Brown(from the ads I Guess?).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After 32 years of marriage, neither one of us can afford to leave. And, i wouldnt anyway. Many endearing qualities. She has absolutely no interest in cars, what so ever. Of course, I have many male friends who don't either. I developed this obsession as a young child and used to be able to name every single car on the road. Not so sure I can do it anymore since they all look alike and they keep the same body style for 7 or 8 years. (my god, i sound like her). ANYWAY, another quick funny. Took the enclave into Jiffy Lube for the early bird special oil change this morning. As i was walking in to the waiting room, I hear one of the guys yell to the other one," its the In Clav A ". I turned around waiting for a smile. he was dead serious. I liked it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ksenclave said:
I hear one of the guys yell to the other one," its the In Clav A ". I turned around waiting for a smile. he was dead serious. I liked it.
When we did our intro call w/OnStar, the operator on the other end called it an "In Clav" I think the salesperson, who was sitting in the backseat, was a little embarrassed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't feel too bad, ksenclave. My wife is an auto enthusiast who can give you chapter and verse on the antiques she has helped restore, the sports cars she raced 40 years ago, or the BMW M3 she drives today. She can not, however, keep track of most modern vehicles or remember their names. On a recent business trip she confessed to wandering through a parking garage pushing the button on her remote until one of the cars flashed its lights, because she had completely forgotten the make and model of her rental and was not even sure about the color. After seven years of ownership I don't even bother correcting her when she refers to our Expedition as "the Explorer." At least she likes the Enclave we have considered as an SUV replacement well enough to remember who made it - she calls it "that Buick thing."

·
Registered
161 Posts
If I know my wife when we get the Enclave

It'll be called "The Truck",

it sure as heck won't be called anything resembling a "Buick"

she won't drive "A Car"

and she'd shoot anyone calling it a "Wagon" or "mini-Van"

Frankly she can call it anything she wants.... I'll stick with my Z.

m

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
My SO knows it is a Buick and even calls it an Enclave, but in terms of assessment, it all relates to it being too high in the back for the dogs to jump in. She does like the ride although we really wish the passenger seat tipped back...why they put in the power seat with everything but that makes no sense to me...Oh well.

·
Registered
532 Posts
bsox said:
My SO knows it is a Buick and even calls it an Enclave, but in terms of assessment, it all relates to it being too high in the back for the dogs to jump in. She does like the ride although we really wish the passenger seat tipped back...why they put in the power seat with everything but that makes no sense to me...Oh well.
Being a lowly CX owner, I have to ask, the (6-way?)power passenger seat has no recliner? That would be very surprising indeed.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
deacon_blues said:
Being a lowly CX owner, I have to ask, the (6-way?)power passenger seat has no recliner? That would be very surprising indeed.
The back reclines, but the seat itself will not tip back or forward like the driver's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
deacon_blues said:
Actually 4-way: seat cushion fore-aft, seat back tilt fore-aft. Not including the seat cushion tilt-raise seems a silly way to save money and it prevents me from being comfortable in the passenger seat. Fortunately I drive most of the time. I noticed another way they cheaped-out on the seats. The inboard seat cushion panels are cloth, not leather.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts