EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's here! :dancing:

I got totally surprised today. I believe I have a sixth sense. I had taken our two boys to the zoo today as they are out of school and my wife went on a "girl scout" camping trip with our two girls and her mother. I decided to "drive by" the dealership when we left the zoo since it was nearby and sit down with the sales manager and get him to print out the event history since he hadn't given me a ship date yet (ours was built on 9/28). I just had a feeling I needed to go by. Well, about 3 blocks before I got to the dealer, the salesman called me and said "I've got good news, your Enclave just arrived at the rail port in downtown Birmingham today and we can have it ready for you by tomorrow!" I said that was great, but since I had "no warning" I didn't have my finance check ready yet from Pentagon Federal CU and also that my wife is camping in the Tennessee mountains with our daughters and her mother and she has NO cell service. I decided that my wife would rather I wait until she gets back to pick it up, plus I need to get the check from the credit union, so we have set "pick-up day" to be next Tuesday. Pentagon FCU says they can Fed Ex my check Monday so I will have it Tuesday. I can't contain my excitement though, so I will probably sneak by the dealership sometime over the weekend or on Monday and give it a top to bottom inspection so that when my wife and I go back on Tuesday, we can hopefully get in and out quickly. My boys and I drove around downtown several blocks though, just looking for the "rail port" so we might get a glimpse of it........silly huh? :sosad: Anyway, I will be like a kid at Christmastime all week-end until Tuesday!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
ccaats
GREAT NEWS :thumb:
I am sure the anticipation is killing you. I am very glad to hear your "Enclave Day" is almost here.
:cheers: :beer:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah! Almost there. I bet this will be the longest weekend for you!

G

·
YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW

:lol:

anyway, congrats, say good by to a good nights sleep for the weekend, trust me, i went through that last weekend for my denali. Which i here and i love, OFF TOPIC, there doing a 0% weekend at the dealer but we leave on a vacation (not really were going to senic york pensylvannia), but any time off should be nice, but that would have been a good chance to snag the enclaves. DARN :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Ccaats, I don't know how you'll make it until Tuesday. And don't convince yourself that it's OK to hunt down your wife in TN. You know you're thinking about it. >:D Just spend the last few days getting lots of rest and cleaning out the nursery - I mean the garage.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already tried calling her....LOL, even though I knew there is no cell coverage....LOL. I have already got the garage ready for the new baby. :thumb:

G

·
ccaats said:
I already tried calling her....LOL, even though I knew there is no cell coverage....LOL. I have already got the garage ready for the new baby. :thumb:
then go out and buy all the stuff required to keep her up, like wax, the mister clean auto dry, wax, mother power ball, leather care kit, wax, winshield cleaner and a squigy, did i mention wax.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ccats -- i am so happy for you...can't wait to hear all the details :thumb:

·
Registered
186 Posts
ccaats said:
Well, it's here! :dancing:

I got totally surprised today. I believe I have a sixth sense. I had taken our two boys to the zoo today as they are out of school and my wife went on a "girl scout" camping trip with our two girls and her mother. I decided to "drive by" the dealership when we left the zoo since it was nearby and sit down with the sales manager and get him to print out the event history since he hadn't given me a ship date yet (ours was built on 9/28). I just had a feeling I needed to go by. Well, about 3 blocks before I got to the dealer, the salesman called me and said "I've got good news, your Enclave just arrived at the rail port in downtown Birmingham today and we can have it ready for you by tomorrow!" I said that was great, but since I had "no warning" I didn't have my finance check ready yet from Pentagon Federal CU and also that my wife is camping in the Tennessee mountains with our daughters and her mother and she has NO cell service. I decided that my wife would rather I wait until she gets back to pick it up, plus I need to get the check from the credit union, so we have set "pick-up day" to be next Tuesday. Pentagon FCU says they can Fed Ex my check Monday so I will have it Tuesday. I can't contain my excitement though, so I will probably sneak by the dealership sometime over the weekend or on Monday and give it a top to bottom inspection so that when my wife and I go back on Tuesday, we can hopefully get in and out quickly. My boys and I drove around downtown several blocks though, just looking for the "rail port" so we might get a glimpse of it........silly huh? :sosad: Anyway, I will be like a kid at Christmastime all week-end until Tuesday!
Oh, go ahead and pick it up! Then you can hide it, and when your wife gets back you can say that you are taking her out, then when she is ready, bring the Enclave up! Isn't that romantic? I would have been thrilled. :angel:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great, so happy for you. I would have been looking for the rail yard too, especially with the boys in the car. Your wife will be surprised that the car is in at all. Though it is hard to wait at least she can share in the excitement of picking it up. Surprise your wife by picking her up something (for herself) that goes with the color of the car. Maybe Mr. Buick or Vikchic could make a suggestion.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh yea, go to Macy's and find her a gorgeous Red Blouse, and for underneath-well Victoria's Secret can hook you up with an arsonol of Red Jewel unmentionables >:D, and if you want to get real crazy, you can go to...well never mind. :angel:

·
Registered
329 Posts
[size=10pt]Congratulations!!! I am so >:D, but in a good way! :angel:[/size][/color]

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vikchic said:
Oh yea, go to Macy's and find her a gorgeous Red Blouse, and for underneath-well Victoria's Secret can hook you up with an arsonol of Red Jewel unmentionables >:D, and if you want to get real crazy, you can go to...well never mind. :angel:
And then we can just mosey on over to the "Sex in the back seat" thread on Wednesday morning ;D :thumb: :eek: I think I will get her some "hot little red number".....I have been thinking of naming the new addition "Roxanne" after that old Police/Sting song.....LOL.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Now you're catching on :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I snuck over to the dealer today to give the Enclave a "once over" ;D and boy does she look beautiful. She is sitting front and center in the showroom up on a pedestal (wish I had taken a camera with me, but my wife is the photographer and has both cameras with her). I tried using my Blackberry camera, but it just doesn't take good inside pics. It is the only Enclave in the dealership (the largest Buick dealership in Birmingham) and they are showing her off. They already had about 8 people ask if they could drive her today. I made sure I noted that it only has 8 miles on it, and I will check again on Tuesday. I made sure they are keeping it locked and away from "prying hands" :) My salesman said he has the keys locked in his desk drawer. He had already inserted the Nav DVD and took the time to give me the "refresher" course on the Nav/Audio system. WOW, so much to learn.....and I consider myself a semi-technophile. LOL, this car will certainly challenge my learning process.

I gave her a close and scrutinizing once over and only found a couple of items. There was a rubber molding piece on the left lower part of the windshield that didn't quite fit flush, so I asked them to check it. Also there was some "sticky tape residue" on the lower part of one of the rear doors that looked like a scratch, but wasn't. I also checked the "coolant reservoir" level and found that it was well below the full cold line as someone else had mentioned here. The service dept was already closed, but he said he would ask the service manager first thing Monday to check it out. That seems odd. Did anyone else notice this? THere is visible coolant in the lower 1/4 of the reservoir, but the "full cold" mark is about 2/3 full? I also checked for the "drip marks" on the window frames (thanks designconcepts) but didn't notice any. I still like the way GM used to "paint" these frames "shiny black" vs. the flat black "tape" that they are using now. It will be interesting to see how that holds up.

Anyway glad I could "spend some time with her" before the wife and I go in to do all the paperwork and finish the deal next week. The boys and I had fun checking her out ;)

One final thing, if any of you are still considering financing options.....I would HIGHLY recommend the Pentagon Federal Credit Union's 5.29% rate (see other thread on this site). I just joined earlier this week and talked to the customer service rep today about my situation. My online loan application was approved in a matter of minutes and they sent my check out to me today via Fed Ex next day air, so I will have it in hand on Monday. Their customer service and rates are second to none!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Congratulations ccaats!!!! I'm so happy it's finally here! You know you can't go without your wife. I just hope they don't let anyone TEST DRIVE your little beauty! I would think the toughest part is the fact that you can't even TEll her about it! It's just unfair!!

A funny story on my acquisition of my baby. My dealer called me on Wednesday (10/10) to tell me she was "in Colorado". I thought it was at a rail site about 100 miles south of us. I called him back and left a message that "we need to go get it". When I got there (35 miles away) he said "Oh, it's in Denver"...45 miles south of the dealer. Still he wouldn't BUDGE! He finally called the delivery spot in the town where they unload their cars and said he was looking for a "Goldmist Enclave"...any chance we could see that before Monday at the dealership? It was then we found out it was already there!! 5 miles from the dealer!
He picked up a dealers plate and keys and said "Lets go for a ride". I was speachless when I first saw her, she was so beautiful!! And if I haven't taken the time to drive there, I'd probably still be waiting, God forbid![/color]

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Rosita, that is a funny story. I still find it strange that dealers don't give us better warning that it is "on the way". Certainly they know when it has shipped before it just "shows up", but they claimed to me that they were "as surprised as I was" that it had arrived so soon.

My wife will be leaving the camping site tomorrow afternoon, so I will be able to tell her when she calls in. She will be soooo excited! :blob: :blob:

·
Registered
31 Posts
ccaats said:
Thanks Rosita, that is a funny story. I still find it strange that dealers don't give us better warning that it is "on the way". Certainly they know when it has shipped before it just "shows up", but they claimed to me that they were "as surprised as I was" that it had arrived so soon.

My wife will be leaving the camping site tomorrow afternoon, so I will be able to tell her when she calls in. She will be soooo excited! :blob: :blob:
Not going to be pretty for your Auburn Tigers this coming Saturday. LSU is going to be ready to blister someones butt after the loss and lets not forget about that total referee thieving on the plains last year. ;)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cajun_Mike said:
Not going to be pretty for your Auburn Tigers this coming Saturday. LSU is going to be ready to blister someones butt after the loss and lets not forget about that total referee thieving on the plains last year. ;)
The real Tigers are coming......I just wish we could have been the ones to knock you guys off. What a CRAZY year in college football......who would have thought when USF beat us a month ago that they would be #2 in the BCS! WEIRD :confused:

·
Registered
743 Posts
ccaats, since your Finances are already in order, it will only take a few minutes with the Paper Work and you're on your way.
Again, Congradulations and good luck with that ride. 8)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts