EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some googling about why my enclave side mirrors are jerky revealed there is a TSB about lubing the mirror rather than replacing it.
Can anyone elaborate on how to lube it, what type of lube to use and what the proper points are?

thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Believe it or not the motion is computer-controlled by the BCM. I had this same problem on my 2009 and after numerous visits to the dealer to have it lubed they actually found a software update that solved the problem. I didn't believe it at first but my mirrors now move smoothly :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sklunk said:
Believe it or not the motion is computer-controlled by the BCM. I had this same problem on my 2009 and after numerous visits to the dealer to have it lubed they actually found a software update that solved the problem. I didn't believe it at first but my mirrors now move smoothly :thumb:
Any idea on a TSB number or anything I can reference to avoid a length troubleshooting?

thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
chris_s said:
Any idea on a TSB number or anything I can reference to avoid a length troubleshooting?

thanks!
I checked my service paperwork and they don't mention the TSB or PI. Sorry ...

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Since reading this thread, I now notice a jerky mirror movement on both side mirrors. I guess that I never really paid much attention to it before? Sometimes, it is better not to know some things. :happy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't had terribly jerky motion when I move the mirror. However every once in a while the passenger side mirror will just go crazy and move to the extreme top right of the enclosure. Making it very annoying when I turn the car on and have to readjust the mirror.

This will last for about a day or two and then disappear for about a week or two. Any idea what is happening. I searched the forum but couldn't find much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the jerky mirror on the drivers side. I think there was a TSB about lubing the motor.

Anyway, I also had the mirrors go haywire. They replaced the door modules. Passenger and driver. I had it to the dealer about 7 times for this. They finally replaced enough parts to get it fixed. The extreme movements on mine were not caused by the mirrors themselves.

I have a traverse 2009.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Given the title of this thread we are all being very well behaved. I must say I am a bit disappointed. My how things have changed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My how things have changed.
Also the huge number of posts made by those who feel they have to reply to every post with just a silly emocion :eek: and nothing relevant to contribute are (thankfully) greatly reduced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaking of jerky mirrors, I just about had mine jerked off! I was backing out of the garage and my daughter was standing in the yard nearby.
She yelled, "Daaaaaaadddd", came over and just about put her hand on the passenger outside mirror. In a split second I yelled and she let go.
I pushed the extend button and she said, "Oh, sorry." She innocently was trying to help and didn't realize they were power operated.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
D Paro said:
I haven't had terribly jerky motion when I move the mirror. However every once in a while the passenger side mirror will just go crazy and move to the extreme top right of the enclosure. Making it very annoying when I turn the car on and have to readjust the mirror.

This will last for about a day or two and then disappear for about a week or two. Any idea what is happening. I searched the forum but couldn't find much.

D Paro,
I would suggest that you have your dealer look into this for you. They will be able to assist you in getting this diagnosed. Please keep me posted and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Buick Customer Service
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing