EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a 1700 mile trip from central Alberta to Mesa Arizona. One 12 hour day and one 13 hour day. Very comfortable seat for driver. Passenger wished for more adjustments. Miles per gallon on trip was 21.1 U.S.(actual). Trip computer would sometimes show more m.p.g. than actual & sometimes less. Average speed on trip was 68.9 m.p.h. according to D.I.C. I thought the Enclave handled the mountain passes very well. Very little body lean and very secure. But boy does that transmission ever like switching gears. Most times it doesn't annoy but some times it will go from 6th to 4th and when it does it isn't smooth. I have never had a vehicle with better headlights. Did some driving in the fog and thought it was better without the fog lights on. Had about 75 miles of icy roads. The awd was awsome. Again, very secure. Something I noticed when I arrived in Mesa & washed the Enclave, I was supprised at all the road rash (major paint chips) along the bottom.

Likes on the Trip. (No particular order)

1. The 3 signal lane change feature.
2. Extremely quiet.
3. Great headlights.
4. Very comfortable.
5. XM satellite radio.
6. Smooth ride.(even on cement roads in Utah)
7. Handling, including pavement with rain grooves.

Room for improvement.

1. Stereo is weak for a Bose system.
2. Transmission. I'm sure G.M. will come up with a much smarter chip for the shifts.
3. Have to constantly adjust the inside temp. It is connected to the outside temp and will change interior temp
when not necessary.

Bottom line is I enjoyed the Enclave on this trip and have not regretted my purchase.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Hey, thanks for the great review. I love mine, but I also don't like the tranny and its sudden downshifts. Others on this site claim they don't have this problem. You were really cruising if your average speed was 68, with stops for gas etc. it is hard to keep the average up that high.

Have a good time in Arizona!

·
Registered
88 Posts
womps said:
1. Stereo is weak for a Bose system.
I tend to agree, but there are some good post on this. Just noticed recently that when my kids are using the rear radio controls (Ent Pkg 1) it mutes out the rear speakers so that adds to the perception of it being weak. Not sure if that was the case for you though.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
womps said:
I thought the Enclave handled the mountain passes very well. Very little body lean and very secure. But boy does that transmission ever like switching gears. Most times it doesn't annoy but some times it will go from 6th to 4th and when it does it isn't smooth.

2. Transmission. I'm sure G.M. will come up with a much smarter chip for the shifts.
I don't know if this will happen or not, some people don't seem to have ANY problem with this and say they have never noticed this happen. I think I am losing my mind.

·
Registered
644 Posts
"I don't know if this will happen or not, some people don't seem to have ANY problem with this and say they have never noticed this happen. I think I am losing my mind."

BSox,

This might not have anything to do with the clank/clunk problem - just a thought :confused:
We have ways of assessing this (losing your mind) more formally, but I'll keep an eye on your posts and watch for more telltale signs.

BB

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
blurrybill said:
"I don't know if this will happen or not, some people don't seem to have ANY problem with this and say they have never noticed this happen. I think I am losing my mind."

BSox,

This might not have anything to do with the clank/clunk problem - just a thought :confused:
We have ways of assessing this (losing your mind) more formally, but I'll keep an eye on your posts and watch for more telltale signs.

BB
Now I know I am losing my mind. I was talking about the tranny problems experienced in this post that I quoted, nothing about the clank/clunk, now you have me very confused...I am just trying to verify that many other posters experience the same tranny issues as I (esp. trying to verify this to Ccaats and Rwagoner)

·
Registered
644 Posts
"Now I know I am losing my mind. I was talking about the tranny problems experienced in this post that I quoted, nothing about the clank/clunk, now you have me very confused...I am just trying to verify that many other posters experience the same tranny issues as I (esp. trying to verify this to Ccaats and Rwagoner)"

Sorry, BSox, as a psychologist I was just trying to respond to the worry about your mental condition. Now I wish I hadn't done it because you helped me realize I changed the topic in my response. What's worse; now I think I'm losing my mind! :help:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I think it all started with my mother and my need to please my father while knowing that this would never be possible. I think I might have been potty trained too early as well......

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good posts!

·
Registered
644 Posts
bsox said:
I think it all started with my mother and my need to please my father while knowing that this would never be possible. I think I might have been potty trained too early as well......
bsox,

I was hospitalized for treatment, so didn't see your response until today. Let's see (rubbing chin), that early childhood obviously explains much of what I've been reading.... :eek:

BB

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
blurrybill said:
bsox,

I was hospitalized for treatment, so didn't see your response until today. Let's see (rubbing chin), that early childhood obviously explains much of what I've been reading.... :eek:

BB
Thanks, I think several people would agree with you. Hope you enjoyed your stay, the jello is exceptional, green and red is best, it reminds me of the christmas times we never had at home....Oh well... ;D

·
Registered
134 Posts
womps said:
3. Have to constantly adjust the inside temp. It is connected to the outside temp and will change interior temp when not necessary.
Was the HVAC set to "AUTO"?
It should maintain a constant interior temp regardless of ambient temp.

·
Registered
644 Posts
bsox said:
Thanks, I think several people would agree with you. Hope you enjoyed your stay, the jello is exceptional, green and red is best, it reminds me of the christmas times we never had at home....Oh well... ;D
Love the humor. I'll bet you like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Animal House, Stripes, The Blues Brothers?

BB

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
blurrybill said:
Love the humor. I'll bet you like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Animal House, Stripes, The Blues Brothers?

BB
Your good, just saw Spamalot at a great old theater, loved the others as well. Don't forget Happy Gilmore. That scene where he and Bob Barker go at it is the best of all times. Can't think of any snappy comeback right now, so I won't try. Maybe I will just go to my happy place...

Stay cool. Sorry for the :hijacked:

·
Registered
644 Posts
bsox said:
Your good, just saw Spamalot at a great old theater, loved the others as well. Don't forget Happy Gilmore. That scene where he and Bob Barker go at it is the best of all times. Can't think of any snappy comeback right now, so I won't try. Maybe I will just go to my happy place...

Stay cool. Sorry for the :hijacked:
I hate it when people steal the thread (apologies to all), so I'll stop the responses, but have to tell you, bsox, I have a new appreciation for your wit - my version has gotten me into trouble on many occasions. "That's a fact, Jack."

BB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts