EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts
Robb13425 said:
the 2013 is about to turn 100,000...it has been better than the 09 :knocks on wood:

in the years past, 50,000 miles/year was not uncommon, but we were trying to keep multiple vehicles and spread the mileage between them. maintenance vs payment/depreciate has been close, but that sense of reliablity is fading. my wife and I trust our older 2000 honda odyssey more than either enclave.
That's a sad commentary on Buick quality, at least perceptually. :sosad:

GoldEnclave said:
That's a sad commentary on Buick quality, at least perceptually. :sosad:
I don't mean to take this topic off in the weeds, but I want to say we do LOVE the Enclaves. All the bells and whistles of a it are great, but I feel like GM just makes disposable vehicles. I have been a GM employee and used to buy a new vehicle every 3 years or 100,000 miles; however with the rising cost of a new vehicles I'd like to see that money stretch a little farther.

mtenclave08 said:
My 2008 is going in this Monday for replacement. Not taking a chance with long distance trips coming up. Whining noise is annoying!
Are you having the rack replaced, too? When my pump went, the dealer did the whole thing. Then the TSB came out and I submitted my paperwork for total reimbursement.

Anyone got the paperwork you need to submit for reimbursement? My rack needed replacement ($1700) at 28K and both Buick and dealership aren't all too sympathetic. I have text of the 14329 letter, but nothing on replacement request format.

BTW, just helped a friend move and transported friends to/from. We all loved the smooth power and quiet of the Enclave throughout a long trip. It's one heck of an automobile and I just love it.

jkanderson7 said:
Anyone got the paperwork you need to submit for reimbursement? My rack needed replacement ($1700) at 28K and both Buick and dealership aren't all too sympathetic. I have text of the 14329 letter, but nothing on replacement request format.

BTW, just helped a friend move and transported friends to/from. We all loved the smooth power and quiet of the Enclave throughout a long trip. It's one heck of an automobile[/color] and I just love it.
Yes, it is.[/color] :thumb:

mtenclave08 said:
So power steering pump was replaced (under recall) and noise is gone
Great news mtenclave08! Sorry I just saw your previous comment. I don't think that the rack is included in that TSB just the pump..I lucked out I guess that my dealer did both.

Sigh Sigh Sigh........
My ps was massaged 3 times starting at 6000 miles and finally "fixed" under warranty on 11 November 2011, the one where they switched over to Dex VI and new F-Hose(19360miles).Now at 50760 I noticed the beginning slight noises, enough to make me pull engine cover to check ps fluid. Its at minimum on stick and was supposedly checked on 8-11-15 when in for water pump warranty during the standard 28 point inspection, now at minimum......
So the $64000 question is, how many times is the ps covered during the 10 year/150000 extended warranty? Yea Ha :banghead:

I noticed a very slight "zipper" noise when driving my Enclave last night. This was remedied a few years ago under warranty via PI0029F (if I recall correctly). It was the version of the remedy just prior to changing to transmission fluid.

Though this is not likely related in any way to a failing pump or rack, the noise could become unacceptably loud over time, and would be a sticking point at my planned trade in next year. Does anyone know what it should cost to re-do this service on my 8 year old Enclave?

mtenclave08 said:
My 2008 is going in this Monday for replacement. Not taking a chance with long distance trips coming up. Whining noise is annoying!
Warranty time for the steering gear on the AWD is 5.1 and add time of .7 to bleed the p/s system and .9 to flush the p/s system.

Robb13425 said:
thanks! what about repair time for the PUMP replacement??? thanks in advance
NP - Warranty time for the pump replacement on the AWD is 4.0 and an add time of .7 to bleed the p/s system.

If doing the gear and pump at the same time, there will be overlap. Just keep that in mind.

GoldEnclave said:
I noticed a very slight "zipper" noise when driving my Enclave last night. This was remedied a few years ago under warranty via PI0029F (if I recall correctly). It was the version of the remedy just prior to changing to transmission fluid.

Though this is not likely related in any way to a failing pump or rack, the noise could become unacceptably loud over time, and would be a sticking point at my planned trade in next year. Does anyone know what it should cost to re-do this service on my 8 year old Enclave?
If the answer to my question regarding number of times during the 10 yr/150000 extended warranty the problem is covered is more than once, you might still be in good shape. My noise is also the zipper sound or what I likened to quickly pulling the seat belt into lock position. Seems to me that any time within this extended warranty period("fixed" any number of times) it should be covered!!!! How about Buick customer service chiming in??

3Garchone said:
If the answer to my question regarding number of times during the 10 yr/150000 extended warranty the problem is covered is more than once, you might still be in good shape. My noise is also the zipper sound or what I likened to quickly pulling the seat belt into lock position. Seems to me that any time within this extended warranty period("fixed" any number of times) it should be covered!!!! How about Buick customer service chiming in??
I hope that you are correct. But, is the extended coverage for a noisy rack, or only for a failing/failed steering pump?

BTW, my Enclave's rack was completely quiet this morning. The zipper noise occurred only once a couple of days ago during a parallel parking maneuver. :shrug:

My latest repair under PI0029F listed "Repair to correct squeak or rub noise when turning steering" cause=Shaft seal/insufficient grease in the pinion shaft seal. The first "fix" at 6 or 9K was r&r rack &pinion......The 10yr/150 lists a power steering pump wear condition which I think would entail a lot of stuff but would not cover say a leaky hose, etc. I suggest you visit your ps reservoir to verify fluid level and monitor if low and do the best at eye balling engine compartment/paving below for leaks. Its a dice throw trip to dealer and hope cause is covered. If not you will pay extra for mr good wrench as we all know about.......Yours sounds like its in the beginning stages and will get worse over time :cheers:

I agree that this is only likely to become worse over time. The annoying part of all of this is that the TSB solution that was applied to my Enclave was later revised again because the earlier TSBs weren't fully effective in resolving the problem permanently. If I had the service performed just a handful of months later, the newer bulletin would have indicated the use of transmission fluid instead of power steering fluid, and this problem would not now be rearing its ugly head again. :mad:

81 - 100 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.