EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have ordered our new enclave ;D.
But I have been reading some things online and I am going to be really upset if they are true :angryfire:
I read some where that if you have the factory installed rear seat DVD and the DVD navigation, you cannot also listen to XM radio at the same time. Is this true since I am driving an 05 Durango now and the kids can listen to the movie thru the wireless headsets and I can listen to regular radio? Surely GM has this figured out!!
Also, how do you get the elusive second row console??

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't know where you would even hear a completely wrong rumor like that (really, where?), but there's no affect on your XM listening if the kids in the back are watching a DVD through their headsets. It's the same as if they were doing that, and you had FM/AM on...just a different source.

And, as far as the console, it is supposed to be available, as it was shown on very early models for marketing and in prototypes, but the last information is that there was some kind of a design issue with it that forced a rush redesign of the console, or something with it, hence causing the delay. Didn't make complete sense to me, and it may very well just be a supplier issue, but it is supposed to be orderable later this month--and not something that can be added on afterwards, I believe.

G

·
well, you are both right with the head phones, if your kids are using the wireless head phones, your radio will have all its sources, if your kids have their wired head phones plugged in the console you cant listen to xm.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Why, Guido? When I was on a trip with my sister and all the kiddos, we had two sets of wireless headsets, two plugged into the 3rd row jack (a great placement by the way - Honda did that better than the console of the Lambda) and my sister and I listened to whatever we wanted.

G

·
Mama2Girls said:
Why, Guido? When I was on a trip with my sister and all the kiddos, we had two sets of wireless headsets, two plugged into the 3rd row jack (a great placement by the way - Honda did that better than the console of the Lambda) and my sister and I listened to whatever we wanted.
well, i dont know, thats how it works in my yukon and how it worked in the acadia, it also works both ways, if your lisning to xm up front, you cant listen to dvd in back.

and guido is french, isn't that the name of the little fork lift in the movie cars and he is french.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Shoot, you may be right. Luigi?

·
Registered
86 Posts
paulhill,

There have been a few posts that highlight that you cannot listen to a CD while the DVD player is running and that is infact the case. The is only one head unit for CD's and DVD - not the greatest design. But you can listen to XM, FM, AM, or some other external source while the DVD is playing.

G

·
dfc101a said:
paulhill,

There have been a few posts that highlight that you cannot listen to a CD while the DVD player is running and that is infact the case. The is only one head unit for CD's and DVD - not the greatest design. But you can listen to XM, FM, AM, or some other external source while the DVD is playing.

wow thats news to me, tell me how, when i had 4 people back there two third row people use the wireless and two captains use the wired, and i cant be on xm 1 or 2 while they have it turned on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Like "Tuh Mater" without the "tuh?"

You like them good 'ol boys...Blue Color Comedy, right?

G

·
Mama2Girls said:
Like "Tuh Mater" without the "tuh?"

You like them good 'ol boys...Blue Color Comedy, right?
you bet, gotta remember i m origonaly from texas. only lived here for 3 years. rest of my life was in texas.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did not know that. Haven't checked the Texas thread! Thought you were VA thru and thru. My husband if from VA originally though. So, you speak "Texas?" My husband grew up in South Carolina and has NO southern accent!

G

·
Mama2Girls said:
Did not know that. Haven't checked the Texas thread! Thought you were VA thru and thru. My husband if from VA originally though. So, you speak "Texas?" My husband grew up in South Carolina and has NO southern accent!
YUP I sure do, i kinda make it better on here, so the rest of yall can read it. but Sc and not accent, when we moved here nobody could under stand me in school, and the worst was fresman year college, when they all made fun of me for my accent , but i learned them a lession or two about messin with a texin

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
wow thats news to me, tell me how, when i had 4 people back there two third row people use the wireless and two captains use the wired, and i cant be on xm 1 or 2 while they have it turned on.
We do not use the wired headphone jacks. When we need extra headphones, we use the wireless infared headphones from our Odyssey. If it is that big of an issue, additional wireless infared headphones can be purchased at most of the electronics retailers.

G

·
dfc101a said:
We do not use the wired headphone jacks. When we need extra headphones, we use the wireless infared headphones from our Odyssey. If it is that big of an issue, additional wireless infared headphones can be purchased at most of the electronics retailers.
i know now, i bit the bullit and bought two more pairs of wireless head phones, so six people can now listen to the movie, although i only have five in the truck, and will probably do the same for the enclave too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts