in the mail. Came with a welcome letter. Nice touch! :thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
We picked up our Enclave on October 10. So far, no touch up paint. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
I picked mine up the first week of September and have yet to receive touch up paint. How long ago did you receive your enclave?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my Enclave right before Thanksgiving. My dealership is a family owned, very customer service oriented dealership. I get free oil changes forever just for purchasing from them. I'm sure the dealer did this on their own, it did not come from Buick.

·
Registered
65 Posts
*Enclave* said:
in the mail. Came with a welcome letter. Nice touch! :thumb:
Lets just hope you don't have to use it much.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheKings said:
Lets just hope you don't have to use it much.
Hope not!
The enclosed card said, "Should your vehicle ever experience a small scratch or nick, the GM-approved paint will be an exact match."
I feel nauseous just thinking about using it ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
*Enclave* said:
I got my Enclave right before Thanksgiving. My dealership is a family owned, very customer service oriented dealership. I get free oil changes forever just for purchasing from them. I'm sure the dealer did this on their own, it did not come from Buick.
You have a very smart/people oriented dealer. However when I've been offered that free oil service in the past, and some dealers try to "pressure/guilt" you into taking recommended GM services at 5,15,30,50,000 miles, while they "got you". They ain't cheap and most people feel slightly obligated to at least get the tires rotated at $30! As long as they aren't pests about it. :thumb:

Dealers know that 75% of people drive out and are never seen again, unless a warranty is needed. They normally lose a major revenue stream that way. My guy would suggest fuel injector cleaning for $139 at 15K miles! I bought a bottle of Gumout cleaner myself for $12 and was done as fast as I could pour it into the gas tank. ;D Having said that, I do "throw them a bone" once in awhile, if I'm in for a warranty anyway, cause they gotta make a living too!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, unfortunately the dealer I bought from is too far away to use for problems and maintenance. I hope the dealership that is close by is better in the Service area than they were in the Sales area ::)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would have preferred a bottle of Samuel Adams. That way I wouldn't care as much about any little scratches.

Big :beer: Larry
[/color]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
My guy would suggest fuel injector cleaning for $139 at 15K miles! I bought a bottle of Gumout cleaner myself for $12 and was done as fast as I could pour it into the gas tank. ;D
Even GM doesn't recommend injector cleaning. Hasn't been needed since the late 1980s.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big Larry said:
I would have preferred a bottle of Samuel Adams. That way I wouldn't care as much about any little scratches.

Big :beer: Larry
[/color]
ONE bottle of Sam Adams won't help me when I get the first scratch on this beauty! I think I'll need a whole case! :beer:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
rwagoner said:
Even GM doesn't recommend injector cleaning. Hasn't been needed since the late 1980s.
Thx Rwagoner, I didn't know that. What a money maker! But we've all heard of poor injector spray patterns due to build-up. Especially since the Enclave, unlike most of the Imports, does NOT require expensive, premium gas w/ better detergents, etc. So every 30K miles or so I'll throw in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner/water drier (dry gas) just for laughs.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Haven't heard of it on GM, Ford or Chrysler. The newer injector designs are better than the older ones and don't build up deposits. Occasionally some may leak (my friend's Jeep did that), but that's a different issue.

My wife's Sebring convertible had 90,000 miles when sold; my Silverado has almost that much; neither has ever had injector cleaning and both run as good as the day we took them home. I don't think injector cleaning is necessary at all any more, at least with domestics.

Richard

·
Registered
758 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Thx Rwagoner, I didn't know that. What a money maker! But we've all heard of poor injector spray patterns due to build-up. Especially since the Enclave, unlike most of the Imports, does NOT require expensive, premium gas w/ better detergents, etc. So every 30K miles or so I'll throw in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner/water drier (dry gas) just for laughs.
Actually, GM does recommend certain brands of gasoline that specifically have the correct amount of fuel injector cleaner in regular unleaded gas. Its not only for the injectors, but to prevent deposits on the valves that the additives are made for.

See www.toptiergas.com

Top Tier Detergent Gasoline

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is the premier standard for gasoline performance. Six of the world's top automakers, BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen and Audi recognize that the current EPA minimum detergent requirements do not go far enough to ensure optimal engine performance.

Since the minimum additive performance standards were first established by EPA in 1995, most gasoline marketers have actually reduced the concentration level of detergent additive in their gasoline by up to 50%. As a result, the ability of a vehicle to maintain stringent Tier 2 emission standards have been hampered, leading to engine deposits which can have a big impact on in-use emissions and driver satisfaction.

These automakers have raised the bar. TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline help drivers avoid lower quality gasoline which can leave deposits on critical engine parts, which reduces engine performance. That’s something both drivers and automakers want to avoid.
We only use gas from the following retail outlets:

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.

Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below.

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:

QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Chevron-Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Company
Shell-Canada
Texaco
Petro-Canada
Sunoco-Canada
Around where we live, there is Shell, and only Chevron and Texaco have Techron fuel additive which they use in all grades. You can buy Techron and use it yourself since this is one of the best additives and most recommended by car manufacturers.

Wal-Mart fuel has had a spokesperson quoted as saying that their customers would rather save a penny or two a gallon and are not as worried about additives.

TM

·
Registered
69 Posts
About the subject of touch up paint. I bought a Paint touch up tube from my Buick dealer $9.65+ tax. But I think it can be bought cheaper from GM Parts.com + shipping so it may cost more .My local dealer in Ottawa Il charges over suggested retail for items from parts department.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts