EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!
I'm wondering if anyone has replaced their air filter with a K&N one ( https://www.amazon.com/33-2394-High-Performance-Replacement-Filter/dp/B001C4SKX2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=k&n+filter+buick+enclave&qid=1560267452&s=gateway&sr=8-3 ). I bought one of these for my first car nearly 20 years ago and noticed a performance boost and am just wondering if anyone here has noticed the same. I'm more interested if it has made any improvements on fuel economy. Looking at the reviews someone did notice a slight improvement on their Traverse.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
15 Posts
AEM makes a dry high flow filter. That's what I run on my dielsel truck and swear by it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I first put one into my 1986 Mustang GT about 20 years ago.... noticed the improvement right away with air flow and power. Wasn't exactly concerned with fuel mileage on it... Mind you, it was air density, no MAF Sensor. However, having had a positive experience with the Mustang, I put one in my wife's 2006 Escape a day after we brought it home (brand new). 160,000kms and 1 filter cleaning, and never had an issue. Always ran smooth, no engine lights or running troubles. Performance wise I didn't really notice it in the Escape. But, at $20/filter yearly, it more than paid for itself. We just traded that in last fall.
Once I get all the bugs worked out on my Enclave, plan is to get one for it as well. I plan to have the Enclave for another 120,000 kms at minimum.... will again pay for itself. Just don't over oil it when you clean it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Take a look at both the resistance to air flow values and the filtration efficiency of both, then make the call. Air filters have trade-offs. Higher filtration efficiency typically increases air flow resistance. To get more air flow, you get more dust and the like to the engine. Pick your poison. Unless you run your engine at WOT (wide open throttle) a lot, there is not much benefit to low resistance/low filter efficiency air filters (like K&N).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts