EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the following notice from K&N. Enjoy!

-Techno

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE 3.6L. Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2008 ENCLAVE 3.6L V6 F/I All Air Filter 33-2394 NEW! Replacement Air Filter
2008 ENCLAVE 3.6L V6 F/I All Oil Filter HP-1017 Oil Filter

When purchasing a K&N Replacement Air Filter or High-Flow Intake System don't forget to purchase a K&N Recharger kit for proper cleaning and re-oiling of your K&N Air Filter.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
techno said:
Just received the following notice from K&N. Enjoy!

-Techno

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE 3.6L. Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2008 ENCLAVE 3.6L V6 F/I All Air Filter 33-2394 NEW! Replacement Air Filter
2008 ENCLAVE 3.6L V6 F/I All Oil Filter HP-1017 Oil Filter

When purchasing a K&N Replacement Air Filter or High-Flow Intake System don't forget to purchase a K&N Recharger kit for proper cleaning and re-oiling of your K&N Air Filter.

Hi Techno! Just got mine also! I will be ordering based on years of trouble free use with other vehicles and a little better mileage and power!!

Autoanything.com should have. They usually run about $40 and pay for themselves when you get the benefits and maintain better air flow for the next 50,000 miles! :thumb:

K & N says USA available NOW! UK and elsewhere later.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Recharge kit is a must. It contains the spray on cleaner and the spray on oil. I would just soak it with the cleaner on both sides and let it sit in the sink for about 10 minutes. Rinse with GENTLE stream of water. Air dry. Then spray with oil. I spray enough to turn it red and no more. Over-oiling is a common problem and if you get too much, it will get sucked into the MAF possible fouling it. Having said that, I had one on my old Tahoe for 200K and I never had a MAF issue. In fact, according to my oil analysis, it was filtering as well as the oem paper filter.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
cruiser68 said:
Recharge kit is a must. It contains the spray on cleaner and the spray on oil. I would just soak it with the cleaner on both sides and let it sit in the sink for about 10 minutes. Rinse with GENTLE stream of water. Air dry. Then spray with oil. I spray enough to turn it red and no more. Over-oiling is a common problem and if you get too much, it will get sucked into the MAF possible fouling it. Having said that, I had one on my old Tahoe for 200K and I never had a MAF issue. In fact, according to my oil analysis, it was filtering as well as the oem paper filter.
I gotta plead "chicken" here! (maybe lazy too!) I just order a new one at 50,000 miles and the $ I save on the kit , blunts the cost of new one. That way I never worry about "over-oiling" it at "re-charge" time.

A quick look-back at my previous K & N optioned autos revealed that for approximately every 2 tanks of gas, the extra 1/2 MPG that the K&N gave me yielded about 1 gallon of gas free!! At about $3 per gallon, the K&N pays for itself in about 34 fill-ups (that is: full tanks of gas) With me that's about 10 months :thumb:

Not too bad, since I would have to change the OE air filter anyway ;D

Any power improvement (and I've had some on other vehicles) is icing on the cake :cheers:
Just waiting for it to be delivered......................

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why I can't find the airfilter under Saturn Outlook? :confused:

newton said:
Just looking on the autoanything website for the K&N airfilter....also noticed that there were air filter cleaning kits "K&N Filter Recharge Kit" for 19.95. Does anyone recommend getting these as well.
As Somkin said, you'll have to find the K&N airfilter part #33-2394 under the Saturn Outlook....currently not under enclave.

airfilter http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/60A2090A0A0.aspx
recharge kit http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/65A1993A0A0.aspx

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
enigmacx said:
Why I can't find the airfilter under Saturn Outlook? :confused:
The web site is behind! 33-2394 is part #. See this page:

http://www.autoanything.com/Search/index.aspx?SH=A%3d33-2394%7eB%3d33-2394%7eG%3d67675%5e2%7eK%3d4%7eL%3d1%7eM%3d1%7eN%3d2%7e&SI=08ea9ff5-9e2e-4735-b27b-915ff57f2275&LAP=0&return_path=http%3a%2f%2fwww.autoanything.com%2fSearch%2fSearchResults.aspx&kc=&Action=2&AnswerID=91549

they are catching up!!
K&N confirms fit. I now have mine in hand and will put in today!! Will inform/pix!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
OK. Just installed the K&N air filter! Perfect fit, and as catalog says, same as an '07 Saturn Outlook! Eventually everyone will update their catalogs, but K&N is correct!

Took 1 hour. Need a # 25 Torx head driver (looks like a 5 pointed star) and a long extension for your ratchet wrench, of about 12", to reach some of the 6 bolts! P.I.T.A!!! A bright lite helps!!!

The filter housing/air box, on front, right (driver) side of engine compartment has the 4" black, plastic, accordion, air hose going to it, fastened with a steel, band clamp. (straight blade screw driver needed).

1. Unscrew the hose clamp till fairly loose, but not off. Wrestle the stiff hose off air box nozzle, but leave connected to eng. My flat blade screw driver help pry it off .

2. carefully unclip small electric plug (about 5-6 colored wires) going into the hose/airbox assembly. It's closest to front of car.

3. unscrew all 6 bolts around triangular shaped air box. There are 2 screws per side.

4. it's easier to lift the tight box top cover off if you lift from smaller, outermost end first. (by fender) Then from engine side. Takes some effort. Watch 3 small black hoses, in front/right side of air box top cover. They're rubber and easy to move around.

5. Filter lifts right out and K&N drops right in. Press down a little to seat rubber rim. Reverse procedure to replace cover, hose, and electrical plug!!

Honestly not sure, but maybe a little more umph off the line/passing (my previous auto was noticeable!) Too soon to tell any MPG changes. OE filter was still pretty clean at 6K miles. Glad I don't have to do it again for 50,000miles!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I have never used any K&N items. What can be expected as far as extra performance?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hey youse guys! You sound like do it yourselfers and wonderful mechanics.

Even though I am the daughter and mother of journeyman deisel mechanics, the trade did not rub off on me completely. :tard: I still need some language spoken in "Gramma" ;D

What is the specific reason and purpose of K & N products and do they have to be done at home? Or, can I get this done in a shop somewhere, if I deem it worthwhile.

Thanks, Gramma

·
Registered
349 Posts
htrdgrma said:
Hey youse guys! You sound like do it yourselfers and wonderful mechanics.

Even though I am the daughter and mother of journeyman deisel mechanics, the trade did not rub off on me completely. :tard: I still need some language spoken in "Gramma" ;D

What is the specific reason and purpose of K & N products and do they have to be done at home? Or, can I get this done in a shop somewhere, if I deem it worthwhile.

Thanks, Gramma
You'll get responses all over the place on that question. Some swear by them, others swear against them. I used a complete intake on my Tahoe for 200K miles with the same filter. Cleaned it every 20K or so, longer if it was staying clean. I like them but only if maintained properly.

Pros

Last longer (forever if maintained)
Possible small increase in mileage
Possible small increase in performance
Sticker adds at least 5HP (kidding of course)

Cons

Cost
They can let in more dirt particularly if not oiled properly
They can foul the MAF sensor if over-oiled

For an average driver that doesn't "wrench" on their vehicles, stock is less hassle in my opinion
If you are always tweaking your vehicle for either appearance or performance, they can provide a benefit particularly with other breathing improvements like an exhaust and custom engine tune. Either way, you should be able to have a shop install if you want.

I'm going to try a custom tune on wifey's Enclave in a few weeks. Going to try a "performance" tune and an "economy" tune just for kicks to see if I can measure any difference. An engine tune is basically just "adjusting" the computer program that runs the engine by changing things like air/fuel mixture and spark timing among MANY other parameters.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Crusier or Smokin, How much more mpg do you think is possible? That is my bone of contention with my Enclave so if I can increase it I will jump at the chance.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Do any of these modifications affect the GM warranty?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Enclavious said:
Crusier or Smokin, How much more mpg do you think is possible? That is my bone of contention with my Enclave so if I can increase it I will jump at the chance.
Can't say for the Enclave. On my Tahoe, I got an extra 1.5-2mpg out of an Intake and Exhaust. This on marginally scientific testing on many tankfulls before and after. I would guess less than 1 on just a filter....more likely no significant improvement.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Enclavious , cruiser68 did a great job telling the tale! I so far, have felt the tiniest power improvement (wishful thinking cause my old 4.3 GM V-6 acted MUCH faster?) and possible MPG improvement with filter alone (no exhaust upgrade, like Borland) of about 1/2 MPG so far. Hard to accurately access. I know I got 1 MPG more, on my Yukon 5.3 L ,V-8!

Remember gas formulation changes in April, across the USA, (for smog battling) We will lose the higher Ethanol content, at least here in NYS. This usually give s me a 2-3 MPG improvement, if history is any judge. And I saw the MPG drop on Enclave, in Oct '07, after driving it 3 Summer months, and then filling with Winter blend gasoline! Hoping to smile a lot this May!! (Went from about 24 Highway to 21 Highway)

Honestly, my main reason in getting K&N air filter was great past experiences, hoping for more mileage/power (little anyway!) and not having to change the filter as often! Manual says change every 50K miles (more in high-dust areas) and with K&N, I'll probably never have to do it again, with my type driving, unless I hit 100K miles.

It's a pain to do it! And they want $25 bucks, at dealer, to change it! But anybody with patience and the right #25 Torx head tool and extensions (maybe $5 for Torx head and you can use your existing ratchet set) can do it! I change my own air filters, but won't do OIL anymore. Cost effectiveness/laziness combined :thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just spent $35,000 for a vehicle and I guess I'll spend $25.00 every 4-5 years to change my filter. I'm getting old and slow and I don't even put alot of hands-on into My Harley.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts