EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the 19" Chrome wheels and when looking at them you can see the brake pads and stuff, and it looks REALLY nice. Is there a way to keep them shiny and clean?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Other than frequent trips to the car wash or buying a pressure washer and using it often -- no. We live in a dirty world, and anything bright and shiny that goes out into the street is going to attact schmutz that has to be cleaned off it.

Big "Mr. Clean" Larry
[/color]

·
Registered
848 Posts
The only way involves quite a bit of work by taking off the wheels and applying a good sealant on the calipers. A pressure washer at that point regularly might keep them looking good, but you will still most likely need to remove the wheels to clean them periodically and reapply sealant. But I don't know of any way to keep the rust at bay on the rotors.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
They sell high temperature paint to cover your calipers and keep the rust away. The paint will also wash easier to get rid of any brake dust, or you could switch to ceramic pads to eliminate or really cut down on the amount of dust. Here's just one example of paint that can be used.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliperPaint/

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ceramic Brake pads will not make the black "dust" and grime. We bought our Enclave used - and it already has ceramic. Not sure if that was factory original or not. Also - you don't need high temp paint for calipers, I've used even off-brand rustoleum (Ace hardware brand) rust prevention paint in a high gloss red on my Corvette and it's lasted years and years now. On a previous car I used rustoleum high gloss gray on the calipers for a less "sporty" but equally as clean look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts