EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

How long do you intend to keep your Enclave?

• 1-3 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-4 years

• 5-6 years

• 7-8 years

• For as long as it runs

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we purchased our Enclave we bought for the long haul to include getting the extended warranty. I would like to see 8 to 10 years our of ours. Our next vehicle purchases will be a vehicle for my son in 2-3 years (he has already asked if we will be giving him the Enclave - HA) and maybe a commuter vehicle if my husband has to start commuting to work again.

I am curious if anyone else is keeping their 'Claves for the long haul or will be trading in/up after leases expire or loan terms are paid off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I always keep my rides for 7-8 years. This way something new and better will be out then! ;D

·
Registered
221 Posts
If they don't get the transmission to shift better between 2 & 3, I'll be moving it before 1 year is gone by.

G

·
well the enclave is going to be my fathers, and its easy to get him to buy somthing but once he buys it he keeps it FOREVER, he bought his deville in 1997 new and still drives it today as his daily driver (his corvette is his fun car and i drive it more, he has had it since march and only has 3100 miles on it), but i would say once he buys the enclave he will keep it for atleast 12 years, his cadillac is just getting old and my mother hates him to drive somthing that belongs in the crusher of a junkyard, and we finally talked him into a new car. :blob:

·
Registered
186 Posts
We pay off one vehicle and then buy another. When the Enclave is paid for in 3-5 years, we will replace 2002 Envoy. We plan on keeping Enclave 10 years. The fantastic warranty helps, but I hope I don't have to use it often. I really dislike spening time in a service center.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I pay cash for my cars, and have kept the last 3 for 10 years each. I take approx. 2 years to decide what I want and make a deal. This is probably not anywhere near the norm, but I only average around 6-7 thousand miles on my cars a year, so after initial purchase, my transportation costs don't eat a lot of my budget. Of all my new cars I think my Enclave has been by far my most satisfying purchase! ;D

G

·
Your kinda like us, we decide to buy a new car, for 6 months say nothing about it but the next 6 months start doing research and finally a year later right the check. through out the year were saving up.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ive spent a year just trying to get my parents to get a new car! First it was the Acadia and very quickly switched to the enclave. And i still dont think i have gotten anywhere!!!! But i need to work on talking them into ordering one so it will be ready by spring break, cause im NOT spending 18-20 hours in a rough and kinda loud suburban! I spend like 2 hours tonight talking about the enclave and all the cool features it has trying to get my mom to budge but she said she would rather wait a couple years and save the money we would be spending for trips, college etc.

So does anybody have some advice? anything

G

·
college fund :confused: :confused:, thats how im going to college, they dont need to worry about funds for me. :blob: :blob:

of course they started a college fund for me when i was 2, when my dads mom died they sold her house to get the funds going.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Pay cash. Plan on keeping the Enclave for a while, maybe 5 years, then see what they are producing at that time. I decided one year ago to buy an Enclave this year. Been doing research and deciding what I wanted on it. Glad I got the Bose speakers; sounds wonderful![/color]

:tunes:​

Goooooooooo ♥Rockies!!![/color]

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
We don't trade very often so we are able to save money and pay cash for our new cars. I'm sure we will keep the Enclave at least 10 years as long as we don't have problems with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We keep them till they drop and pay cash for replacement. My current ride is 12 years old. Don't even have my Enclave yet and my 10 year old son is already telling me it's HIS to take to College in 8 years! ;D

·
Registered
758 Posts
We are in our Enclave-to-be for a "temporary" 7-8 years most likely. Looking forward to a more realistic vehicle such as found in Europe: namely, a clean diesel engine, which Americans cannot yet fathom as being superior to current gasoline powered cars.

Our current culture and laws discriminate against diesel technology by laws designed for gasoline cars, while diesels that have fewer CO, CO2, hydrocarbons, while producing more NOx and large particulates, cannot be sold in some states etc.

Vehicles like the Enclave should get 30-35 mpg, not 16-24 mpg. Simple as that.

TM

·
Registered
435 Posts
I only bought one new car...a 2002 Oldsmobile. In '05 I leased a Terraza; my Olds was worth 7,500 for a trade-in, despite the fact that I paid 23,000 for it. Now I leased the Enclave, for 48 months, 48,000 miles. We really loved the Terraza and I'm not disappointed in the Enclave at all. Is it perfect? I'm a Virgo, and I'm not 100% perfect...but close to it. (But I guess that goes without saying...). :angel

·
Registered
118 Posts
7 to 8 years is our plan. We are on the GM card cycle! :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
We are in this for the long-term, LOL. I think the style will be timeless.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm the minority. I usually replace mine every 3 years. I have leased the last 4 though so it's an easy walk away. I bought the Enclave so if it is problem free I will keep it 5 years or until I get the itch for something new.

·
Registered
333 Posts
39 month lease...we'll buy it off lease and sell for a profit (I hope) and lease the latest and greatest diesel/hybrid/fuel cell/ powered-by-the sun hover-drive Enclave! :thumb:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most likely a keeper for 5-10 years. Most of our vehicles are kept for a long time. My 2001 Tahoe has 204K miles on it and I'm not looking to upgrade until spring. My wife's trade-in was 5 years old and starting to get loose in the suspension plus she was tired of driving minivans for 10+ years.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We have always paid cash for our vehicles. Keep them at least 10 years. So unless I can no longer climb in it .... lol ... we'll have it for about 10 years.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts