EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything like this?
Is it possible to reprogram a Cadillac Keyfob to work on our enclaves?
Any aftermarket keyfobs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
484 Posts
By keyfob, do you mean the keyless type like the Lexus where you just carry the keyfob with you and the door opens when you get close to it? I am not getting the type you are writing about.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My new Camaro has what some call a 'switch blade key'. It is built into the key fob. You press a button and it swings out like a switch blade. It doesn't look like a standard key at all. The cuts are cut out of the middle of a solid piece of metal so the edges are smooth.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
My best guess is that the Cadillac key fob is not going to work... I know some of the guys on the Cadillac forum were trying to use the new item with CTSs that had the old style key/remote... Dealers say it won't work - some tried on their own with no success... Aftermarket? Doesn't appear to be anything out there...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I myself recall being surprised that the Enclave wasn't equipped with a key of this type.....or a proximity key fob and push-button start.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The new LaCrosse is going to have push button start. I wonder if that could be used some how on the Enclave. I have gotten so use to just hitting the key on the Enclave and letting the engine start, that when I go to the other car, I let go of the key too soon. I would think if you have remote start, you have 75% of what you need to have push button start.

RCH

·
Registered
92 Posts
Let me tell you, we had pushbutton start and keyless fob on previous vehicles we just traded in, have it again now another....can't tell you how nice it is not have to dig for keys in your pocket :thumb: Obvious benefit to such an amenity aside, I can overlook it's absence on the Enclave given all the other nice options. However, it's nice to see it'll be on the Lacrosse.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
RCH said:
The new LaCrosse is going to have push button start. I wonder if that could be used some how on the Enclave. I have gotten so use to just hitting the key on the Enclave and letting the engine start, that when I go to the other car, I let go of the key too soon. I would think if you have remote start, you have 75% of what you need to have push button start.

RCH
Wonder how far this goes back with GM, and with which vehicles... Our first CTS, 2003 model, started the same way as the E - just touch the key & let go...

·
Registered
721 Posts
wait4me said:
Pushbutton... What was old is new again... I'm waiting for 'em to put the button back under the throttle pedal... :blob:
How about the crank in the front? Was that the original "hybrid".........

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The crank in front is my wife!!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Actually, she took my Clave 3 weeks ago and headed for Yuma. With days and days of 113-118 degree temps, it will be interesting to see if it has melted yet!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
rockyp said:
Actually, she took my Clave 3 weeks ago and headed for Yuma. With days and days of 113-118 degree temps, it will be interesting to see if it has melted yet!
Yep - used to live in both Tempe & Las Vegas... Hot doesn't begin to describe the weather in those parts...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Key fobs that include the key itself are for those who are not athletic at all. I surf; I need a key that I can take into the water in my boardshorts or wetsuit. A fob that is part of the key would short out.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Buy one of those for your kids then they can be kicked out of school for having a weapon in their possession. Zero tolerance, you know?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts