EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Uncle Buick said:
Yes, I can see this is a very old post, but my key fob buttons started giving issues with very low sensitivity, which got me looking for either a replacement fob, pad, or both. I ended finding this, and wondered if anyone has ever used it, and what their thoughts were.

link edited because I'm not old enough to post them yet ;)
I want to buy one of these for my new 2016 Enclave, just not sure I can... the listing doesn't say it works with anything past 2014. On the chance that it does, is this something I could program myself via the DIC?

·
Registered
60 Posts
HeatherA said:
I want to buy one of these for my new 2016 Enclave, just not sure I can... the listing doesn't say it works with anything past 2014. On the chance that it does, is this something I could program myself via the DIC?
Just heard back from the seller that this key is not compatible with a 2016 Enclave. I'm bummed because I'm going from keyless entry/push button start on my previous car to now having to carry a key and a fob. First world problems, I know, but I hate carrying a key and getting it down to just one piece would have been nice.

Any tips on where I might find a switchblade style key that will work with my E?

·
Registered
402 Posts
HeatherA said:
Just heard back from the seller that this key is not compatible with a 2016 Enclave. I'm bummed because I'm going from keyless entry/push button start on my previous car to now having to carry a key and a fob. First world problems, I know, but I hate carrying a key and getting it down to just one piece would have been nice.

Any tips on where I might find a switchblade style key that will work with my E?
If you hate having to carry a separate key/fob, I would suggest separating the key from the ring and just leaving it in the car. just carry and use the remote. I would also advise anyone NOT to do this mod. Look at all the ignition issues GM has with their cars. They had issues with these flip out keys and have separated them from the FOB for the recall, for good reasons!
I would also suggest that if you do choose to keep the key in the car ti keep your Onstar up to date.

·
Registered
60 Posts
small batch said:
If you hate having to carry a separate key/fob, I would suggest separating the key from the ring and just leaving it in the car. just carry and use the remote. I would also advise anyone NOT to do this mod. Look at all the ignition issues GM has with their cars. They had issues with these flip out keys and have separated them from the FOB for the recall, for good reasons!
I would also suggest that if you do choose to keep the key in the car ti keep your Onstar up to date.
Why would an all-in-one key cause ignition issues?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
HeatherA said:
Why would an all-in-one key cause ignition issues?

General Motors made the decision to recall every single 5th generation Chevrolet Camaro (2010-present) after discovering that if you hit the ignition key with your knee hard enough and in the right way, it can turn the key out of the run position. Having a car shut off suddenly and lose power can also reduce the effectiveness of the power brakes and power steering system – all of which increase the likelihood of a crash.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Has anyone noticed that with this "flip out key fob", that the driver 1 or 2 setting does not recall seat, steering wheel, and mirror positions as with the OEM fob's? Or am I doing something wrong in the "relearning" process?
So, say I use my wife's driver 2 remote, seat, steering wheel and mirrors all go to her driver 2 settings.
Then I use my new flip fob key to unlock the "Cherry-Ot" and nothing moves to my memory positions for driver 1 settings - when I know I have relearned this flip fob key as driver 1..... :tearhair:

·
Registered
15 Posts
41 - 48 of 48 Posts