EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I looked through the forum but couldn't find an answer to this issue.
I have a 2015 Enclave and just yesterday the fob stopped working (won't lock/unlock doors, lift gate, remote start, etc.). I thought it was a battery issue and so replaced it but with no success. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
62 Posts
Do you have a 2nd FOB that works? If you don't have a 2nd then it's difficult to know if it's the FOB or the receiving unit. We had a 2005 Dodge that would occasionally act up and the FOBs wouldn't work , so we would have to temporarily remove a fuse to reset the wireless receiving unit. I don't know off hand which fuse is responsible for this in the Enclave, maybe some else knows or you can try searching the forum.

If it's only one FOB and the 2nd works and you want to replace it, then I've had no issues with the cheap replacements available on Amazon / Ebay (about $15 each) , You'll need an dealer / locksmith scan tool to program the FOB to the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, we lost the second set a while ago, otherwise--I agree--that would have been a logical step to take. I'll note that we made a discovery this weekend that if you press the fob buttons by pushing down hard on them (like pinching) it'll work. So, it's likely the fob itself. I'll try cleaning it and see if that works. I've been putting off getting a second fob for a while because they're $135 for authentic GM + $60 for the key, but it's probably time I bite the bullet.

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
62 Posts
You can also get just the FOB cover (new case and buttons) from ebay/Amazon , then you just swap out the the electrical bit - I've done that for my parents on their Equinox and it's been working for years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear all,
I looked through the forum but couldn't find an answer to this issue.
I have a 2015 Enclave and just yesterday the fob stopped working (won't lock/unlock doors, lift gate, remote start, etc.). I thought it was a battery issue and so replaced it but with no success. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
Hello….the remotes can be bought cheap. It is the syncing to your car that breaks the bank! I have a 2011 Enclave. I have 2 suggestions.

One – go to Amazon and purchase at least two remote fobs. Why two? See next.

Two-take to a “Batteries and Bulb“ store to get them synced to your car. The company purchases the license for your necessary remote that day & can use it for one operation BUT can sync up to 5 remotes for the same car (At the same time.) Sometimes they have coupons and you can save money there. I spent about $45 to get two working remotes.That was at least two years ago and I have never had a problem since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts