EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read something on here regarding being able to unlock the display. i.e., Anyone know if you can make it so you can see your rear camera as you are in "drive"?

I haven't even checked myself... but can you watch movies upfront when you are driving? Can you punch in navigation as you are driving?

Appreciate anyone's guidance!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am certain that you can NOT watch movies while you are driving............:banghead:, it can only be used as a veiwer while in park (Thank Goodness!) :angel:[/color]

G

·
yes BSOX has tried it, pm him for more info, it lets him watch movies while driving and also enter nav info while moving. :blob:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
fhalter said:
I thought I read something on here regarding being able to unlock the display. i.e., Anyone know if you can make it so you can see your rear camera as you are in "drive"?

I haven't even checked myself... but can you watch movies upfront when you are driving? Can you punch in navigation as you are driving?

Appreciate anyone's guidance!!
You can punch in already saved addresses from your address book ,while driving. NOT new addresses! NOT movies. And BEWARE.....if you get that lockpick device, you can watch movies in drive, but MANY States have very strict and expensive laws against any display OTHER than NAV, on a front dash! Passenger present or not! And at nite........they spot you a mile away! Heads up! :-X

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
yes BSOX has tried it, pm him for more info, it lets him watch movies while driving and also enter nav info while moving. :blob:
Yikes!!! Didn't know that - kind of a scary set-up though........ :police: :jaw:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the purpose of having the DVD play up front while on Drive is for the passenger. I know the temptation is there but we all have to be smarter than the technology we built.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FlavaClav said:
SRX, do you know if it allows you to view the rearview camera out of Reverse?
FlavaClav, Don't know. sorry. I bet others who have the Lockpick could tell us! Wonder if that would be legal?? it's just a rear view "mirror", kind of?? Bet it's not! Tell it to the judge :eek:

G

·
have you ever looked at ups trucks, while at a stop sign, you can see a little tv with a rear view camera hooked up to it. But i think they have that because there is no way to see with a regular rear vier mirror.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
have you ever looked at ups trucks, while at a stop sign, you can see a little tv with a rear view camera hooked up to it. But i think they have that because there is no way to see with a regular rear vier mirror.
You are quite the observant fellow, Thunder! Will take notice of UPS trucks now, but i've never noticed even thiugh they have door open while driving in summer? I'm in NY and laws may be different. But it seems from what you saw, rear views of road may be alright! At least for commercial vehicles. Don't get caught w/ Eva Mendes on the screen though!!!! NY Troopers would probably confiscate the DVD!! ;)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It may void the warranty. So be careful and remove it before taking it to dealership for warranty repair work

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hahaha -- this topic is kind of funny to me -- I think the thing that bothers most people is the manufacturer having control over us and telling us we CANT do something, so we naturally want to defy them and beat them at their game. .. Just my thought. 8)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The main reason I want it is so the PASSENGER can input addresses on the NAV screen for directions without me having to pull over and park.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I actually tried to do this while driving (safely of course ;)). I noticed that you can still navigate around the menu screen while driving and enter a new destination. While I was at the intersection waiting for the light to change (car in Drive), I can enter the street name. When the light turned green and I started to move, the screen dimmed and the keyboard was deactivated not allowing further input. When I hit another stop light, the keyboard became active again allowing me to continue to enter the address. I can do everything else after that while moving.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FlavaClav said:
I actually tried to do this while driving (safely of course ;)). I noticed that you can still navigate around the menu screen while driving and enter a new destination. While I was at the intersection waiting for the light to change (car in Drive), I can enter the street name. When the light turned green and I started to move, the screen dimmed and the keyboard was deactivated not allowing further input. When I hit another stop light, the keyboard became active again allowing me to continue to enter the address. I can do everything else after that while moving.
All true! And I've done what you do too! But seems whenever I'm on a damned highway......that's when we need to enter a new address!!! Got to pull over so wife can do it. Frustrating............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts