EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 enclave, I usually use the external door handle button and the door handle to unlock and open the door. Up until now. the car allowed this if I had the key fob in my purse with me. I had to replace the battery in the key fob, now the drivers side door will not open when I press the handle button and requires me to press the unlock button on the fob. the passenger side doors continue to operate both ways as before, This happens with both the main fob that I always use and the second backup fob. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's odd. I wonder if you need to reprogram the fob.

Enabling Keyless Unlocking:
With the vehicle off, press and
hold Lock and Unlock on the RKE
transmitter at the same time for
approximately three seconds. The
turn signal lamps will flash twice
quickly to indicate access is
enabled.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you tried taking the fob out of your purse and seeing if it works then? Sounds like it is not seeing the fob for some reason. You might try removing and reinstalling the fob's battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's odd. I wonder if you need to reprogram the fob.

Enabling Keyless Unlocking:
With the vehicle off, press and
hold Lock and Unlock on the RKE
transmitter at the same time for
approximately three seconds. The
turn signal lamps will flash twice
quickly to indicate access is
enabled.
I will try this . The problem is with the driver's side doors only. The passenger side doors still work as before by unlocking when the fob is in my purse when I press the button on the door handle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried taking the fob out of your purse and seeing if it works then? Sounds like it is not seeing the fob for some reason. You might try removing and reinstalling the fob's battery.
yes I tried. before, all doors would open by pressing the button on the door handle if the fob was close ie in purse, pocket or in hand. Now this feature works only for the passenger side doors. I have to press the unlock or lock button on the fob to operate the drivers side doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the driver's door button still lock the car when unlocked? If not, bad switch in door.
Yes. Inside the car, pressing the inside drivers door button will lock and unlock the drivers side door.. also pressing the lock or unlock button on the fob also operates the doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. Inside the car, pressing the inside drivers door button will lock and unlock the drivers side door.. also pressing the lock or unlock button on the fob also operates the doors.
What if you stand outside the driver's door and push the button while the car is unlocked? Does it lock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts